- Text Size +
**September 23 2002**

“Charline?” The receptionist called, upon hearing her name, Charline stood up. The girls were in town for their Winnipeg concert, and they were at the doctor’s office to find out when they’d need to stop touring, since all the dancing and jumping around could cause problems.

“Want us to come with you?” Joce asked, Charline shook her head, wanting to be independent.

“No.” She replied, walking down the hall and turning a corner.

“This is very bad.” Sophie sighed, putting her head in her hands. Joce and Steph glanced at her, and then looked at each other. All three of them were thinking the same thing: What now?

*

“Well, everything seems to be in order.” Dr. Lewis told Charline after her check-up.

“Are you sure there’s nothing wrong?” Charline asked, almost hopefully. All she wanted was this whole thing to be over with, and unfortunately, her nightmare only seemed to be getting worse.

“Yes, everything’s coming along smoothly.” She assured. “You’re due around the beginning of April.” She said, looking at her clipboard.

Charline gulped. This couldn’t be happening to her, nothing bad ever happened to her! Until now, everything she got had been handed to her on a platter, now she was going to have to fend for herself, and frankly, she wasn’t sure if she could make it. “Isn’t there anything you can do?” She pleaded. Curse Aaron for doing this to her – and he didn’t even know about it! She wondered for a second, had he known what was going on, would he be there for her? After deciding yes, she realized that was irrelevant. There was no way she was going to let Aaron find out.

“Well…you could have an abortion.” Dr. Lewis suggested, slowly. She knew Charline would jump at idea, however, she knew it would be smart to think first. Charline might really regret her decision one day.

“Yes!” Charline shouted, of course, without thinking.

Dr. Lewis held up her hand. “Hold on. Talk to your friends and family first. Make sure you are completely sure of your final decision before doing anything. Call me if you decide you still want to go through with it, and we’ll set up an appointment, alright?”

Charline sighed, although she knew everyone would probably agree with her. If she had an abortion, everything would be a whole lot easier, and then they could just go on with their lives, forgetting that this whole incident ever happened. “Okay.” She replied, sounding tired and bored. Then she left the office and went back out into the waiting room, where Steph Joce and Sophie were sitting in anticipation for her to get back.

“Well?” Joce asked cautiously, as Charline stood before them.

“What did she say about the tour?” Sophie questioned, Charline fidgeted a little, avoiding eye contact with each of them.

“We need to stop on October first.” She whispered, wiping her eyes with her right arm. “Our last date is going to be on September 30th, in Halifax.

Steph nodded, but no one said a word.

Finally, Joce cleared her throat and spoke up. “What are we going to tell the fans?” She asked, her voice barely above a whisper. Not that it really mattered; they were the only ones in the waiting room.

“Not the truth.” Sophie stated, shaking her head. “There’s no way we’re telling the truth.”

“Why not?” Steph asked, glancing over at Charline. She was just standing there quietly while everyone else argued about what was to happen. The innocent look on her face made Steph feel immensely sorry for her.

“Because Aaron would find out.” Sophie retorted, as if Steph was stupid. “The last person we need finding out about this is Aaron!”

“He’ll find out eventually, you know.” Joce said, also staring at Charline, and feeling awful for the same reason as Steph.

“Not if – ”

“SHUT UP SOPHIE!” Charline cried, laving the others shocked since she was quiet a second ago. “I don’t wasn’t to cancel the tour! I want to go to Asia, and Europe, and all those other places!” She sobbed, forgetting that she was in a public place.

“Char,” Steph soothed. “You’ll still go to all those places.”

“Yeah.” Joce continued. “It’ll just be postponed, that’s all.”

“But I’ll have a stupid baby to take care of, too.” Charline shot back, still crying. Before this turn of events the girls hardly ever saw Charline cry, now it was almost like a regular thing.

“Well, you should have thought of that before you had sex.” Sophie scoffed, folding her arms across her chest.

“I wasn’t thinking.” Charline whimpered as a fresh set of tears started to fall. “I just acted.”

“It’s okay, Char.” Joce said, trying to make her feel a little better. “We’ll help you out. Steph knows a lot about taking care of babies.”

Steph scoffed. “Don’t remind me.” A few years back, Steph had to take home an electronic baby for the weekend. By Monday morning, she was ready to throttle the thing.

“See? Steph hates babies!” Charline wailed, but immediately shut up as an idea, or more of a remembrance crossed her mind. “Unless…”

“Unless what?” Sophie asked, wondering what Charline was planning, and knowing that with that evil look in her eyes, it couldn’t be good at all.

“Unless I have an abortion.”

Joce shook her head, totally against the idea. “No way. That’s out of the question.” Sophie nodded in agreement to Joce’s statement. Abortion to them was a form of murder, and it shouldn’t be used in situations like this.

Charline sighed, this wasn’t going as well as she had planned wasn’t going to be easy as she had hoped. “Steph? What do you think?” She asked, hoping for a better answer, knowing she was pro-abortion.

“I’m also against it.”

Charline’s jaw dropped when she heard that, it was not the answer she had been expecting. “But…but…” She stammered, not knowing what to say, and thinking she had been defeated. “You’re pro abortion!”

Steph shook her head. “Only it you were raped if you forced to have sex against your will.”

“I was raped!” Charline protested, sounding incredibly stupid; and she knew it. But at this point, she was willing to try anything.

“Yeah, ok.” Sophie spat. “Too bad, Char. You’re not taking the easy way out this time, and that’s that.” She said, heading for the door.

“But it’s my baby!” She persisted, not wanting to face the fact that she already lost.

“It’s also Aaron’s baby, would you like for us to call him up and discuss the current situation?” Joce replied angrily as she and Steph followed Sophie out the door, and back into the limo. Charline sighed and reluctantly went after them. She had a very bad feeling about this whole thing.

**5:00 p.m. – Holiday Inn Dining Room**

All five members of Chris and The Rockers were sitting at their table, waiting for their food to be served, and of course, discussing the current predicament.

“So, Charline’s pregnant, eh?” Andy said thoughtfully, taking a bite out of a bun.

“I heard she wants an abortion, but the other girls won’t let her have one.” Rishi whispered, leaning his weigh on his arm; which was resting on the table. The five of them sounded like a group of schoolgirls trying to catch up on the latest gossip.

“That’s a fact.” Devon nodded, finishing off his third bun, and reaching into the basket for another.

Dave scoffed. He liked Charline, he had always liked Charline, but now she was taken from him for good. There was no way she would even consider dating him after falling in love with the dubbed; ‘Prince of Pop’. “Stupid fuck-hole, Aaron Carter.” He muttered under his breath.

“You know, they’re trying to hide it from the media.” Chris smiled slyly, as if he was deep in thought. “Wouldn’t it be a shame if they were to open YM next month and see, POPSTAR: PREGNANT”?

“Sounds like you’ve got a plan.” Rishi grinned evilly. He wanted nothing more than to drag those girls down.

“I’ve had it for about a month now, and trust me, with The 4 Gurlz and Aaron Carter out of the picture – we’re sure to hit number one.”

“So, what exactly is it that you’re going to do?” Dave asked, and the others eyed suspiciously. He could turn quite dangerous when he was going after something important.

Chris took a gulp of his water, and leaned back while the waitress placed their food in front of them. “Oh, you’ll see.”

**Meanwhile**

“Doug exclamation point is a great performer!” Cried Doug of 2gether on TV. Charline sighed, even her favorite TV show was unable to cheer her up. She was sitting in her hotel room waiting for room service to be delivered. Turning her eyes back to the TV, she wondered why, after two years, Much Music was still playing re-runs of 2gether.

She also couldn’t believe how it had been a little more than a month and the break-up still affected her as much as it did on August 21st. She still loved him, and it was killing her that they couldn’t be together. Oh well, you live, you learn, right? Charline wasn’t so sure. It was like her life had lost all meaning, but no matter how hard it got, she vowed she wouldn’t kill herself over it. That would be taking the easy way out. Then again, having an abortion was also taking the easy way out. She clapped her hands over her face, it was all too confusing!

Little did she know, Aaron was just a distraught as her.