- Text Size +
**May 7 2002**


“You really think we did ok?” Steph asked nervously, as she, her boyfriend, and both their band mates stepped into the white stretch limousine out side the American Music Awards.

Nick laughed. “Yes, Steph, for the millionth time, your performance was the highlight of the show.”

“Stop feeding her lies, Nick.” AJ smiled and shook his head and looked at the girls. “Sorry to break it you, but you sucked.” He joked.

Joce playfully smacked his arm. “And you guys didn’t?”

So just who are these people in the limo? Well, five of them are the Backstreet Boys, one of the biggest musical groups in the world. They burst on the scene in 1995 with ‘We’ve Got It Goin’ On’. But it wasn’t until 1997 that they hit it big in the USA with ‘Quit Playing Games With My Heart’.

First, you’ve got Kevin. He was 29 and married to Kristin Willits. But she was off touring with *Nysnc at the time, as she was a dancer. Kevin was the mature, sophisticated one of the group. Always keeping the others in line, and making sure everything went smoothly. He was the unofficial leader.

Then you have Howie D. Quiet and soft-spoken, he was the sweet one of the group who always had romantic ideas in mind. Got a problem with your love life? Ask Howie.

Brian was the group’s comedian. He was 27 and married to Leighanne Wallace. But, back then; she was always away shooting her next film. Despite that though, they always found time for each other.

Next, there was AJ. He was the different one – countless tattoos and piercings, but he was a big teddy bear on the inside. He just looked tough. He was the second youngest at 24.

Last, but definitely not least among the teenyboppers, was the fair-haired heartthrob, Nick. The baby of the group at 22, he was always doing silly things and pulling pranks.

That was the guys. But what about the girls? Sure, The Backstreet Boys were one of the biggest acts in the world, but The 4 Gurlz were the biggest act in the world. Cheesy name for a band, you say? Well, they were The 4 Gurlz a long time before the idea of become a band came into the air.

First, there was 16-year-old Steph. You’d think that being the oldest, she would also be the most mature. If you final answer is yes, then you just lost a million dollars. She was far from that, silly and down to earth. Millions also envied her as she was dating Nick Carter.

Next was Sophie. She was 15 years old and the mature, calm, cool and collected one of the group. But when she was in a silly mood, you’d better watch out!

Joce was Steph’s best friend and partner in crime. She was 13, but would soon be turning 14. When those two got together, there was no telling what kind of mischief they would get into.

Then there was Charline. The youngest, by five months, and the blondest. No one ever expected her to put hot pink streaks into her platinum blond hair, but that was Charline, do things that people don’t expect.

“You know, Nick, it was really nice of your parents to let us spend our break at their place.” Sophie commented, as the limo pulled up to the Carter Family Estate.

Nick shrugged. “I guess that they just really like us…” He smiled. Steph and Joce looked at each other and they burst out laughing. Nick could act so blonde sometimes.

Charline looked confused as she picked up her suitcase and got out of the, now parked, limo. “You guys are all adults. Wouldn’t you rather go home and live on your own for your six month break?” She asked.

Brian put his arm around her. “We just love you four so much! We could bear a day without you. Besides, our wives are away.”

Kevin rolled his eyes. “We’re staying here because we’re recording for the next album.” He explained, shaking his head at Brian’s silly expression.

When entered Nick’s family’s mansion, the only people home were Aaron and his mom.

“Mommy!” Nick exclaimed running over to her. Aaron got up from the couch where he had been sitting watching TV.

“Hey guys.” He greeted them, and then he turned to the girls. “I saw your music video on TRL.”

Sophie grinned. “What number were we at?”

“Number two, after me, of course.” He laughed.

Charline was in awe; his single beat theirs on TRL? Their song was number one in the country! “Wow, you must be really great is you can beat us on TRL.”

“Charline!” Steph exclaimed.

“What?”

“You don’t say that kind of thing! It makes us sound like snobs.”

“Sorry.”

Aaron laughed and then pointed at Steph. “I heard a rumor that you were dating my brother.” He ‘accused.’

Steph smiled. “That is true.”

Aaron nodded. “I saw pictures of you guys kissing on BSB Real Deal.” He laughed, and then he motioned for them to follow him upstairs. “I’ll show you your rooms.”

**Later That Day**

“Oh my God! It’s our song!!!!!” Sophie screamed with joy as their single came on the radio. All the girls started dancing in the sand, and then they ran out into the water, singing along.

The girls, the guys and Nick’s family were all on the beach behind the house.

Nick and Brian watched in amazement at the girls’ energy. Where it all came from, they had no clue, but it was one of the things they loved most about them.

“Nick?” Aaron asked, coming up to him.

Nick looked up and made eyes contact with his brother. “Yeah?”

Aaron sat down on the sand beside him. “You know what?” He sighed.

“What?”

“I like Charline.” He said sheepishly. “Should I ask her out?”

Nick gazed out at the water. “Who don’t you ask her to a movie or something first?” He suggested.

Aaron nodded, that would probably be a better idea. He was about to say something else, but Steph came running out of the water and grabbed Nick’s hands.

“Come swim with us Nicky!!” She giggled as her friends had a splash fight in the water. Before Nick could argue, he was being dragged into the lake. AJ shook his head and followed them, bringing a beach ball so he could throw it at the girls. Steph hopped onto Nick’s back and stuck her tongue out at AJ, who was now chasing them.

Aaron sighed as he watched all of this. He hoped that someday, that could be him and Charline.