- Text Size +
What Becomes of the Broken Hearted
Epilogue – August 1 2007

Dear Journal,

I got custody of Alissa today. We're gonna move into a house closer to the girls so she can visit with them whenever she wants. I owe it to them, they did take care of her for four years before I even knew she existed.

There's so much of Charline in her, it's unreal. She even likes ketchup! She had Charline's eyes, filled with happiness and hope. It's almost like she was born again. I miss Charline a lot, but having Alissa makes is easier.

Stoph, Joce and Sophie are doing their first concert of their second tour tonight. I know it's hard for them to go up there without Charline, but in a way, Char's there. Lots of the songs on their new CD are ones that she wrote. It's a bit sad, lots of them are about being broken hearted and stuff.

Nick actually has a girlfriend! I know, it's amazing. I asked Steph if she was jealous and she said she wasn't. I guess it wasn't mean to work out, oh well.

The girls were going through a box of some of Charline's things, and came across her diary. They gave it to me. It's sitting on my bookshelf. Maybe one day I'll get everyone here and we can read it together.

I'm just really happy that everyone is friends again.

-Aaron

Aaron took Alissa's hand and touched the plaque with Charline's name on it as the stood in the cemetery.

Aaron gulped, but he didn't want to cry in front of Alissa. Softly, he sang.

“I will be yours if you'll be mine, I will be there 'till the end of time. I will be with you until the day that I die...”

Biting his bottom lip, tears streaked down his face. Alissa hugged his leg, trying to comfort him. “Don't cry, Daddy.” She said, looking up at him. Her blonde hair was blowing in the breeze and her eyes were filled with concern.

Aaron wiped his eyes. Taking one last look at the plaque before walking away, holding Alissa's hand he whispered.

“Everything's going to be okay, just like I promised.”