- Text Size +
**May 11 2002**

Charline came downstairs wiping the sleep out of her eyes.

“Good morning, Char!” A.J. chirped, he was standing in front of the stove making eggs in a hole.

“What are you so happy about?” She grumbled, always grumpy in the morning. “Make me one.” She said as she slumped down in her chair.

“What are you so angry about?” A.J. retorted, placing an egg in a hole in front of her.

Joce nodded. “No kidding, Char. You should be the happiest person in the world. I mean you’re going out with Aaron Carter.”

“Hey! I’m going out with Nick Carter!” Steph reminded them.

Sophie giggled. “You know what’s funny? They’re the only ones that aren’t awake yet!”

That wasn’t funny, Soph.” Brian said. Kevin nodded in agreement.

“No kidding Sophie. Your jokes are lamer than your dad’s.” Steph laughed.

“Yeah remember when we went to the cottage, and I made a page in my diary for ‘Jim’s lame jokes’?” Joce asked. The other girls nodded.

“Yup! Remember, ‘Charline, your blowing days are done’?” Sophie giggled.

“Hey, I like my daddy’s jokes, I think they’re funny.” Charline mumbled, taking a bite of her egg in a hole.

“Why are you so sad and grumpy?” Aaron asked as he came up behind Charline, and put his hands on her shoulders.

“’Cause I had to wake up.” She complained. Aaron laughed.

“Oh, my poor baby.” Aaron cooed. “Want me to make it all better?” He asked, kissing her cheek. At that, Charline giggled, them tried to get mad again.

“I saw a smile!” Aaron said, continuing to kiss her cheek. Charline started to laugh uncontrollably.

“Oh, God.” Sophie sighed. “Get a room.”

Kevin shook his head. “No way. They’re too young.” He scolded. “Aaron, sit down and eat your breakfast.” He ordered.

It wasn’t until twenty minutes later that Nick came stumbling into the kitchen.

“Good morning, sleepy-head.” Steph greeted him. Nick grunted and started fishing through the fridge.

“The only reason I’m up is because Mom started singing, and I don’t get my talent from her.” HE grumbled, then he pulled out an ice cream sandwich and proceeded to unwrap it.

But Kevin grabbed it away just in time. “This,” he said accusingly. “is not breakfast.” He then pointed to the egg in a hole in front of him. “This is breakfast.”

Nick rolled his eyes. “Whatever.” Them he turned his attention to Steph. “Wanna go to the boardwalk tonight?”

“Sure.” She smiled, and then looked over at Charline and Aaron. “You guys wanna come too? We could go like a double.”

Aaron stopped feeding Charline grapes long enough to nod his head yes. Charline grinned at Steph. Happiness was in the air.

**That Night**

“What should I wear?” Charline asked, rummaging through her suitcase. Last time she was on a date, Jared spilled his coke on her and the movie sucked. So far, everything with Aaron was going perfect.

“What about this?” Steph suggested, holding up a white sleeveless shirt with a blue stripe across the top.

“But it’s too casual!” She whined.

“Char, we’re only going to the boardwalk.” Steph reminded her.

“Oh yeah. Okay, and I’ll wear my jeans with it then. Now get out cause I’m changing.”

Steph closed the door behind her, and Aaron came down the hall.

“Don’t go in there cause she’s changing.” Steph informed him. Immediately, he let go of the doorknob.

“Gotcha.” He replied, Steph giggled.

“You’re so cute.” She said, pinching his cheek lightly. “You and Char make a good couple.”

“Really?” He asked, blushing.

“Yeah, cause you’re both so cute and clueless.”

“Oh, thanks.” Charline said as she emerged from the room.

“Whoa! Char, you look like a babe!” Steph commented and Aaron smiled.

“Nah, she is a babe.” He said, hugging her. Again, Charline flashed a huge grin at Steph.

“Come on guys, let’s go. Nick’s waiting.” Steph laughed and walked downstairs. Aaron and Charline followed her, his arm draped around over her shoulders and a silly grin plastered on Charline’s face.