- Text Size +
**June 15 2002**

“Yoyo, whuttup mah homies?” Aaron came into the kitchen wearing oversized khaki pants, one of Nick’s Nike t-shirts and a sideways baseball cap on his head.

“Not much.” Charline replied, munching on a dry waffle.

Aaron picked up his basketball from beside the side door and started spinning it on his finger. “Think fast!” He exclaimed, pretending to throw the ball at her. She didn’t notice, either that, or she ignored him.

“Char, wanna play one on one?” He asked, once again spinning the ball on his finger.

She shook her head and got up to retrieve the box of waffles from the freezer. “I don’t know how to play.” She said simply, popping another waffle into the toaster.

“I’ll teach ya.” He replied, toss the ball in the air and catching it.

“Ok.” She agreed, stuffing her newly cooked waffle into her mouth. Then she started jumping around the kitchen, (her waffle was too hot) and jumped over to the garbage and spit it out. “Let’s go.” Charline ran to the door, tried to open it, but failed.

Aaron came up behind her. “Allow me.” He said reaching over her shoulder and unlocking the door.

“Oh. Thanks.” She smiled and ran out the door. Aaron followed her, once again spinning the basketball on the tip of his index finger.

“Okay, now, watch and learn.” Aaron said, standing in front of the basketball hoop. He jumped up and threw the ball in the net. Of course, he got it in. “Now you try.” He tossed her the ball. Charline tried to catch it, but ended up getting scared and dodging it.

“You can’t be afraid of the ball!” He laughed. “That’s rule number one.”

“Ugh, sorry.” Charline replied, snatching the ball away from him.

“Ok, now bend you knees.” Aaron instructed, and Charline obeyed.

“Jump up… but while your jumping, flick your wrist as you throw the ball.” He explained, Charline followed, but it didn’t work too well.

“I can’t do it!” She complained. “Can we play soccer instead?” She asked brightly.

“Maybe later.” Aaron replied. “Here, I’ll help.” He said, coming up behind her and putting his arms around her waist. “Now, flick your wrist as you throw.” He intentioned, picking her up.

“Like this?” She asked as she threw it,

“Yes!!” He exclaimed, as the ball went in the net, then he gently set her down.

The moment her feet touched the ground she started dancing around the cement. “Want me to show you how we’re going to open our concerts this tour?” She asked.

“Sure, who not?” Aaron replied.

“Alright, but you’ve gotta do it too.” She commanded. Aaron came and stood in front of her. “Watch me first.”

Charline started doing one of the cheers from the movie Bring it On, perfectly mimicking the routine for it. The only switch was that they changed ‘some Tarous’ to ‘The 4 Gurlz’

“You do realize that’s copyrighted.” Aaron stated, once she finished the dance.

“I know.” Charline replied. “We had to pay Paramount Pictures a lot of money.” She grabbed Aaron hand and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Follow my lead.”

Charline started moving her feet and chanting, too fast for Aaron to keep up. Soon he just gave up and started kissing Charline’s neck.

“Ah! Aaron! You’re messing me up!!” She giggled, attempting to finish her routing with perfection.

“Yeah, I know.” He replied, not stopping.

“Aaron!!” Charline whined through her giggles. Then she turned her head and kissed his lips. “Happy?”

“Yes, very.” He replied, walking into the house. “Wanna play soccer against Nick and Steph?”

“Yeah!” Charline agreed. “Go get them.” Aaron nodded and walked into the house. Charline ran into the backyard and waited.

Ten minutes later, a soccer ball hit he in the leg. “Hey!” She exclaimed. Steph laughed, and Charline rolled her eyes.

“What took you guys so long?”

“We just made Chinese Noodles, and we had to finish them.” Nick explained as he walked over to Charline and picked up the soccer ball.

Charline raised her eyebrow. “Is Chinese Noodles all you’ve been eating lately?” She asked Steph, who nodded.

“Nick taught me how to make them.” She answered, proudly. “Right, Nicky?” She called over her shoulder.

“Yup, it was a difficult task, but I achieved it.” He replied, importantly. “Let’s play soccer, already!”

“Yeah!” Aaron agreed, running up to him and grabbing the ball. He started to play hackey sack with it. “Make some goal posts or something.”

Charline obeyed, took off her zip-up shirt and threw it on the ground.

“There’s one.” Nick said, and then turned to Steph, who was now standing beside him. “I think you should take off your shirt too.”

“Nu uh.” She replied, clutching her chest. “I’m not wearing anything under this, you putz.”

“That was the point.” Nick sighed and shook his head in his hands.

“Oh, I get it.” Steph giggled. “I’ll go get something to use as goals, hang on.” She said, running to the side of the house.

Two seconds later she returned with three beach towels that had been hanging on the clothesline. “We can use these…I guess.”

“Alright.” Aaron replied. “Let’s start.”

Five minutes into the game, Aaron and Charline were winning by five points, while Nick and Steph had none.

Sophie came out the backdoor, and glanced around the yard for a second before picking up one of the towels and walking away. She pretended not to notice that the towel was a vital part of the game she had just interrupted.

Charline kicked the soccer ball and it – once again – went right into Nick and Steph’s goal. “Score!” She shouted, slapping Aaron a high five.

“No no no!” Nick yelled. “You can’t do that, cause we’re missing a post.”

“Poo on you.” Charline retorted, sticking her tongue out at Nick and hugging Aaron tightly. “Your brother’s better than you.”

“Good.” Steph said, jumping on Nick’s back and kissing the back of his neck.

“Ugh, Char, I can’t breathe!” Aaron shouted, as she squeezed him.

Charline let go and pinched his cheek. “Awww, you’re such a cutie.” She cooed.

“Oh, no, Nick, they’re getting all mushy.” Steph complained, tightening her arms and wrapping her legs around Nick’s waist.

Aaron grinned and got down on one knew on front of Charline. “You.” He sang, pointing at her. “Plus sign.” He made an addition sigh with his hands. “Me.” He pointed at himself. “Equal sign.” He made a equal sign with his hands. “Us!” He finished, waddling on his knees closer to Charline and hugged her waist. This almost caused Charline to fall over.

“Oh yeah?” Nick challenged. “Steph, jump down.” He ordered, and she obeyed. “You’re my baby girl, you know that you are. You’re my honey bunch, yeah my sweet lucky star. So put your hand in mine.” He sang, taking her hand. “And I will slap your sweet behind.” He continued, smacking her ass.

“Nick!!” Steph screeched, then she lowered her voice. “Don’t do anything kinky in front of the K – I – D – S.” She whispered.

“I heard that.” Aaron replied, raising his eyebrows. “And I can spell, you know.”

“What does kinky mean?” Charline asked, clueless as usual. Aaron Nick and Steph and put their heads in the hands, while Charline stood there scratching her head.

“Never mind, Char.” Steph answered. “I’m going inside, Nick are you coming?”

“Yeah, I’ll be in, in a sec.” He replied.

“Ok.” She said, walking inside. “Sophie, what are you doing?” She laughed, as the door slammed.

While Charline and Aaron danced around the backyard like maniacs, singing 2gether songs, nick kicked the soccer ball in and out of their goal. “We win!” He yelled, waving his arms around, running into the house.

Charline and Aaron didn’t notice. “The hardest part of breaking up, IS GETTING BACK YOUR STUFF!!!!!” They sand/screamed. Charline toppled over laughing.

“You know your song, ‘Get Wild’?” She asked. Aaron nodded, sitting down on the grass beside her.

“Yeah, what about it?”

“Me and Joce, at the cottage last year, put that song on and went absolutely nuts. Steph has pictures, if you wanna see.” She explained, laughing.

“”Yeah, we’ll look at them later.” He replied, laying on his back, beside Charline gazing up at the clear blue sky. “You guys have been friends forever, right?”

“Yup.” She answered. “Ugh, but Sophie is my sister, and she’s too bossy.”

Aaron laughed. “You two seem to get along pretty well.”

“Only when we have to.” She scoffed. “We are always fighting, this tour is gonna suck!”

“Don’t say that, Char. It’s your first tour, right?” He asked. She nodded, turning on her side and picking the grass beside her.

“Yeah. All four of us cramped into one little bus, we’ll fight a lot.” She sighed, realizing the truth. At least they weren’t leaving yet, she still had about two months left on break, with the exception of a few award shows and photo shoots.