- Text Size +
6 year old Brian ran as fast as he could, his 9 year old cousin Kevin running after him.

'Dude why are we running so fast and why is it so important to get to the tree house?' Kevin asked his cousin.

'Just keep running Kevin, I'll tell you when we get there'

Finally the two of them reached the tree house and the climbed the ladder quickly.

'Ok Brian, spill what is going on? Why did you make me run like that?'

Panting to catch his breath Brian finally looked up at his cousin.

'Ok we were running for our lives because...'

'BRIAN WHERE ARE YOU? I WANNA PLAY WITH YOU!!!!!'

Brian looked out of the tree house window and saw a little chubby girl looking around. She had on a light pink top and pink overalls. Her two black pigtails swung around her face as she looked for Brian.

'Anita go away. I'm not playing with you anymore'

'Brian, dude what is your problem? Why won't you let her play with us?'

'Because she is a girl and a baby. I'm two years older than her and I don't want to play with her.'

'Brian did you stop to realize that I am three years older than you and I still hang out with you.'

'Yeah, but that is different you are my cousin and well she tends to be annoying.'

He looked back at the little girl looking up at the tree house, her large brown eyes filled with tears.

'Brian why won't you let me play with you?'

'Because you are a girl and girls can't climb trees.'

'Well you played dress up with me and that's just for girls'

Brian slowly looked up at Kevin who was rolling on the floor of the tree house laughing.

'Dude, you played dress up?'

'Well it's not like I had a choice, my mom made me play with her.'

Kevin continued laughing. Brian felt anger bubble up inside him. He leaned out the window.

'Anita just go away. I don't like you!'

Tears spilled down her round cheeks. She didn't understand why Brian was being so mean to her. She turned and ran home crying her heart out. Brian watched feeling very bad. He wished he could take back the mean things he said and let her play with them. She really wasn't a bad kid; he just didn't know what Kevin would say.

He looked over at Kevin who had stopped laughing. He rose one eyebrow at Brian.

'Brian, that was way not cool. I can't believe you made her cry.'

'She'll get over it.'

He said looking at the window hoping very much that she did. He promised himself later that he would make it up to her and never make her cry again.
Chapter End Notes:
oh yeah and ps this story had started being written out for me so sorry my name is in it, later if i give it a face lift ill probably change the name