- Text Size +

Chapter Eighteen


Anita closed her eyes. This had to be a bad dream. She opened her eyes and Brian was still there looking shocked. Then she saw the shock turn into anger.

'Brian don't do something you are going to regret later please.'

'Looks like you already covered that area for me Anita.'

'Brian, don't you dare talk that way to her. She is not your girlfriend and what she chooses to do is her choice!'

Brian’s cheeks turned red. Suddenly he lunged at Nick. Anita screamed but it was too late. The fists were flying. She started crying when Nick punched Brian almost knocking him out.

'Nick stop it! You have a weight and height advantage over him.'

Nick didn't stop he kept hitting Brian. Anita threw a shirt on and ran in between them. Nicks fist made contact with the side of her face. She blacked out and fell to the floor.

'Anita!' Brian knelt beside her. He stroked her cheek.

'Please wake up sunshine. Nick I'm going to kill you for this.'

'Brian, I, I didn't mean to hurt her. I'm so sorry.'

'You should be sorry.'

He looked back down at Anita, her eyes fluttered open slowly.

'What happened?'

She winced at the pain on the right side of her face. It was so painful it almost felt numb. Brain explained everything to her. She sighed and sat up. Her head hurt and she felt dizzy and angry. She pushed Nick and Brian into the bathroom and helped clean them up. Then she made her way to the bed and collapsed on it.

'Don't bother me please I need sleep.'

'Do you hate me Anita?'

'Brian I can't hate you. I don't even know you anymore. I don't have any feelings for you at all right now.'

Brian felt his heart break at her words. He knew he deserved them after the way he treated her. He went over to her and kissed her cheek.

'I love you sweet pea.'

He waited a moment but didn't get an answer so he sadly turned and left the room with a small sorry to Nick.

Two days later


Anita is lying with Nick after they slept with each other


'How do you feel Anita?'

Nick had realized something during their so-called lovemaking. Sure he was attracted to her but he realized that he wasn't in love with her. He thought it would be best if they were just friends but didn't want to say anything.

'I feel ok I guess.'

Truth was she wasn't as happy as she thought she would be. She just wasn't in love with Nick. Yes she was in love though. She was in love with Brian. After all these years, the one she still wanted to be with was Brian.

'Nick, I have to be truthful. Don't get me wrong or anything, I love you, you are a great guy and an awesome friend but I'm just not in love with you.'

'Anita, it's ok that you feel that way because I was really just thinking that my self. We can still be friends right?'

'You better still want to be friends!'

She laughed then grew quiet.

'You are in love with Brian aren't you?'

She nodded.

'I should have known. The way you two act together. No wonder he was acting so weird. He is in love with you.'

'You really think so Nickers?'

'I do. And I also think you should go find him.'

'Thanks Nick. You are the best.'

With that she kissed his cheek and slid out of his bed. She dressed and went off to look for Brian.