- Text Size +

Chapter Ninteen


Anita went around looking for Brian. She looked everywhere but couldn't find him. Finally she found Steve, one of their bodyguards.

'Steve! Have you seen Brian?'

'Yeah, he had his bags. He said he was going home a day early. I would have thought you were going with him or at least known.'

'Uh, yeah thanks Stever. Talk to you later.'

And with that she dashed off. She ran and packed her bags. She couldn't believe he left. She made a call to the airport and took a deep breath. She was ready to go home to Kentucky. She called for a ride and a while later went down to the limo she had no idea what she would say to him when she saw him again. She sighed. This was going to be hard.

A while later the plan landed and Anita decided to go home first to try to find him. Anita searched his house, their favorite places, unusual places, she tried everywhere but she could just not find him anywhere. Finally sad and dejected Anita returned home and then went to the tree house. She climbed in and lay on the blanket and pillow.

Her eyes suddenly snapped open. She realized that she must have fallen asleep because the air was cooler and through the window she could see traces of the sunset. Anita was fully awake before she realized that there was weight holding her down. She turned to her side and saw Brian fast asleep next to her his arm thrown over her. She nudged him.

'Oh, hey.'

'I've been looking all over for you.'

'Honey, you didn't try the high school gym.'

'I can't believe I am actually that dumb.'

'You aren't dumb, you just think like a girl and like you not like me.'

'Yeah, whatever.'

'So what are you doing home? I thought you were going to Florida with Nick.'

'Nick and I broke up. We both realized that we aren't in love with each other.'

'I'm sorry I really am.'

'Sure you are.'

'I am!'

'From the second you found out I was going to go out with Nick you hated the idea! But anyway that doesn't matter now.'

'Well what does?'

'The only thing that matters is that the person I'm in love with knows who he is.'

Brian’s heart began to beat faster. Was she actually going to tell him what he had been praying for? Was she in love with him?

'I think you need to tell that guy or else he won't know.'

Anita looked into his eyes.

'Alright, Brian, I love you.'

She whispered into his ear. He smiled and let out a loud whoop. He then pulled her into his arms and hugged her close.

'Oh Anita, I love you more than life itself. I've been waiting forever to hear you say that to me.'

'Brian, I have been in love with you for as long as I can remember.'

They then shared a deep kiss and smiled at each other. Then Brian pulled back slightly and they both sat up. He reached behind him and then knelt on one knee.

'Anita for as long as I can remember I have loved you. You are in my every past memory and I want you to be in my every future memory. I know we have been through a lot and there are just some times when it seems like we just want to kill each other, but I can't go another day risking that I may loose you.'

He took his hand from behind his back and was holding a velvet box. He opened it and there sat a beautiful ring. He knew her and knew she wouldn't want a big diamond. Instead lay a small diamond with two sapphires on either side. Her favorite stone and her birthstone. He took the ring and then her hand. He looked into her eyes and began to slide the ring onto her finger.

'I may not be the greatest person you know, and I may not let you win every argument but I still love you and always will. Anita, will you give me the honor of being my wife?'

The ring was all they way on. Anita looked down at it. Her small hand lying in his larger one. She knew that she loved this man and wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. She looked back up into his hopeful eyes.

'Yes. Yes Brian, I will marry you. But you do know I tend to be a bitch and lazy and I'm never on time, I'm a slob, I can't really cook, I don't clean and.'

'Baby I don't care about all of that. I just want to be with you. That's why there are cooks and maids to hire. And baby you aren't always a bitch, and I love your sparky attitude. It's what makes you you.'

They smiled and through tears they kissed once more.