- Text Size +

Chapter Twenty


Anita stood in a side room of the church in her wedding dress.



'Oh my Rache I can't do this. I'm so scared!'

'Calm down Anita. This is Brian. You've known each other since forever. It's going to be ok you love one another and you make the other happy. Just chill girl you are getting married!'

'Please Rache what do you know about it! You aren't getting married you don't know how scary it is!'

'Um, Anita, congratulations you are the first to know. A.J. and I got engaged!'

'Wow, I am so happy for you. You guys are crazy and deserve each other!'

'Um, thanks.'

'I can't believe it. We are getting married Rache! Hey you promised we would have a double wedding when we got engaged. You traitor!'

'Aaawwww you'll live with it. Once again you get to be the center of attention.'

'Hmmmm you are right. Today it's all about me.'

The girls then heard the music start up. Rachel went to get ready with A.J, Howie was with his wife Joanna, Kevin with his girlfriend Tammy, Nick was with his new girlfriend Grace. Anita smiled at Nick. She was happy for him through and through. Grace was a nice girl and she adored Nick. Nick made his way over to her.

'Now you listen Chica, I'm letting the love of my life marry my best friend so you both better treat each other good or I’ll beat you both got that?'

'Yes oh handsome one. And you know if I wasn't in love with Brian I would worship the ground you walk on and marry you.'

'Don't lie to me woman!'

They both laughed and then shared a hug. The wedding march was about to begin so the brides maids and the groom men stated their walk. Anita took a deep breath as the wedding march began and she stepped out into the aisle. She saw Brian waiting for her and all of her nerves vanished. She smiled and kept her eyes on only him and she walked the long walk slow.

Finally she got to the altar where Brian met her. She let go of her dads arm and took his. They stepped up to the priest and turned to face each other. Yes Anita knew she had made the right choice. She looked in to his eyes and the priest began. She mouthed:

'I love you.'

'I love you too.' He mouthed back. Then they took each other’s hands and began the ceremony.

Later at the reception Anita and Brian danced together with all of their friends. They laughed going through memories. Soon they sat down to dinner. Brian took his wine glass and stood up.

'I would just like to thank our friends and family for coming here tonight to celebrate the biggest moment of my life. Yes I realize marrying Anita was a scary choice to make.' he laughed as she punched him.

'But I know, I wouldn't want to have it any other way. So I make this toast to all of you but especially my beautiful wife.'

They all toasted then got up to share a slow dance. Brian closed his eyes and rested his head on hers. Yes finally his life was complete. He had his love.

'Anita, thank you, my life is complete because of you.'

And with that the two danced off into pure newly wed happiness.