- Text Size +

Epilogue


A few years later. Anita is now 24 and Brian is 26.


Anita walked around the kitchen cleaning. She hummed to herself happily. She heard footsteps and smiled. A strong pair of arms wrapped around her waist. She smiled as she felt the soft lips brush over the skin of her neck. She closed her eyes when she realized that it was pretty darn quiet.

Anita turned to her husband.

'Brian where is Jason?'

'Baby don't worry. Jason went out to play with Kevin's son Scott a while ago.'

'Ok, just making sure. I have to keep an eye on our baby.'

'I know. So what do you and Rachel have planned for today?'

'Well, as you know, it's only a week until A.J's birthday so we are taking Anna to buy her daddy a present.'

They both walked to the window and looked out. A short distance out was their tree house. Suddenly Jason and Scott came flying around the corner.

'Come on Scott hurry, we have to get to the tree house.'

'Dude, why are we running so fast.'

'I'll tell you when we get to the tree house.'

Finally the two scrambled up. Panting Scott looked curiously at Jason.

'Ok Scott, the reason we were running for our lives was because...'

'JASON WHERE ARE YOU? I WANNA PLAY WITH YOU.'

A small voice called out. Jason looked out the window to see a little chubby girl standing looking up at them.

'Anna go away you can't play with us. Tree houses are only for guys.'

'Well having tea parties are only for girls and you seemed more than happy to play.'

Scott fell over laughing at his cousin.

'Anna go home! I don't want to play with you!'

Anna turned and ran home crying. Jason felt bad. He smoothed back his reddish hair and sighed.

Anita turned to Brian.

'Like father like son. Always being mean.'

'Oh come on Anita!'

'Brian I have an uneasy feeling. It's like 20 years ago. Like watching a movie.'

'Yeah I know. That's scary.'

They laughed and shared a kiss. Anita looked back out the window knowing that Jason and Anna were probably soul mates like she and Brian were. She had a feeling the cycle was starting all over again. She just hoped Nick and his wife Grace had a daughter.

'Oh and by the way Brian, I'm pregnant.'

Yup, life was definitely good. Brian picked her up and swung her around. Outside Jason played with Scott thinking of Anna and how he would never make her cry again. The cycle had begun.