- Text Size +

Chapter Three


Anita lay in her bed crying. Her mom had come up to see what was wrong but Anita didn't want to talk. Finally she decided she had to go talk to Brian. She couldn't lose him. She got up, put her shoes on and grabbed her jacket. She ran down stairs.

'Bye mom I'll be back soon.'

'Ok sweetie, tell Brian and his family hi for me.'

Anita ran out the door and to Brian’s house. She was very nervous but knew she had to do it. She shouldn't have been so mean. She rang the doorbell and looked down as she waited for him to answer.

'Well, well if it isn't the little brat herself.'

Anita looked up into the hard green eyes of Clara.

'Wait Clara, I... I came by to apologize.'

'Save it for someone who cares. And let me give you a piece of advice sweet pea. Brian doesn't have any feelings for you. You mean nothing to him. He loves me.'

Anger flashed in Anita's eyes.

'Is it my fault Brian has no taste in women? I can't blame him for falling for a 25 cent hoe.'

'Anita!'

Brian came outside. He had heard everything said. He was furious with Clara. Anita bit her lip thinking Brian was mad at her. She was shocked when his arms slid around her.

'You little brat!'

Clara raised her hand to strike Anita but Brian stepped in between and got the slap.

'Oh sweetie'

Clara rushed fore ward but Anita pulled her back.

'Stay away from him!'

Clara hit Anita knocking her down. Brian rushed to her side and held her protecting her.

'I think it's time for you to leave Clara.'

'But Bri, it was her fault.'

'NOW!'

'Fine, I didn't like you that much anyway.'

And with that she stormed off. Brian sat down next to Anita.

'I'm sorry hun. I should have known you are my only baby.'

'Baby?'

Her heart was pounding. Was Brian suggesting something? Was she finally going to be his girl?

'Yeah, I am older then you.'

'Oh, right, baby.'

He then kissed her forehead and took her hand. Together they walked up to his bedroom.

'The Little Mermaid'

'I should have known.'

Brian got the movie for her and then joined her on the bed. He reached down removed their shoes and pulled her into his arms wrapping his arms around her. By the time Ariel was human, Anita slept soundly in his arms. He looked down at her and smiled, quietly turned the tv off, then slid them down so they were lying. He turned off the light and held her as they slept.