- Text Size +

Chapter Four


Anita was now in sixth grade and Brian in eighth. Their friendship was as strong as ever. Anita still wanted more than anything to be Brian's girl but she never said a word.

Anita stood in the gym wearing shorts and a tank top. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail. Other girls were also in the gym bouncing around. She took a deep breath. Cheerleading tryouts. She was so nervous. Soon the coach came out and tryouts began.

An hour later...

Brian, sweaty and hot grabbed his bags and went to find Anita. Another football practice done, he thought to himself. Anita walked out of the gym.

'Anita! Wait up!'

'Eeewwww gross Brian! You smell.'

'Sweet"

'Glad you think so'

'So honey, did you make the cheerleading squad?'

'Yup'

Brian smiled and wrapped her in a tight hug. She wrinkled her nose.

'Brian please this is so gross.'

'I can't help it. My baby is going to be cheering for me.'

'Gee I'm so excited'

'Let's go celebrate. Pizza. My treat.'

'Pepperoni and Pineapple?'

'Of course. Wouldn't have it any other way.'

And with that he linked arms with her and they walked off.

At the pizza place the chose a booth in the back, ordered the pizza and leaned in to talk. A few minutes passed and Spencer walked over to them. He was on the football team with Brian.

'Hey Brian. Who's your pretty girlfriend?'

'Hey Spencer. This is Anita and she isn't my girlfriend and she is in sixth grade.'

He smiled at her. "Well a little young, but find me when you get to high school doll and we can hook up."

Brian frowned. Not in this lifetime he thought. Anita just flashed him her innocent smile and Spencer walked away with a wink. Soon their pizza arrived. Great I'm not hungry any more thanks to Spencer, he thought. He was only able to eat five slices and two pieces of pie.

'You are a pig!'

'Hello Anita. In case you forgot I am a growing boy. Give me credit here.'

'I did. I gave you credit for being a pig!'

'Just wait til we get home. You are so going to pay for that girl.'

'If you can catch me fatso!'

He grinned evilly. Minutes later they were home. Taking sudden surprise, Brian tackled her to the ground. As the went down he did a sort of turn so she wouldn't land hard on the ground. She landed more in his arms.

'Let go of me!'

'I told you I could catch you.'

He rolled over on her.

'You are fat get off before you squish me.'

'I forgot, you don't have any padding.'

'And what do you mean by that?'

'Well what can I say? If you had breasts you would be comfortable but you don't so oh well.'

'Excuse me but I do have breasts.'

'Well sorry if I forgot my magnifying glass.'

She frowned at him. He grinned down at her and nuzzled her nose then got up and pulled her with him.

'Let's go shorty. There are a million things we can be doing.'

She sighed but took his hand and followed him to his house.