- Text Size +

Chapter Five


Brian and Anita lay side by side on his bed holding hands.

'Brian, do you realize I’m going to be starting Jr. High soon? What happens if I’m not cool enough to some people? What if they don't think I’m pretty or popular or worse? What if they think I’m a nerd?'

Brian just laughed and pulled her into his side.

'First of all I doubt that could ever happen, second I don't think you would allow that to happen.'

She rolled her eyes.

'Don't be mean.'

'I'm not being mean, I'm just being truthful.'

'You think you are so funny.'

'I don't think, I am.'

She smacked his arm playfully.

'You are so mean to me woman! But I love you more for it.'

He added quickly seeing her glare.

She sighed and kissed his cheek snuggling in. Sure he loved her, like a darn kid sister.

'You ok baby?'

'Yeah I’m fine.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yeah, just relieving my stress. Let's talk about your up-coming birthday, anything planed yet?'

'To begin with just a small party, but I’m not sure about the rest.'

She smiled at him wondering if they could send some special time together. She was in for a surprise.

'Happy birthday.. to you happy birthday to Brian...Happy birthday to you....

'Hurry, and blow them out!' Anita said excitedly. Brian was now turning fifteen and just starting High school.

Anita was proud of him, he had become very talented in a lot of different things, and through it all her feelings for him never seemed to fade. She still loved him as more then just a friend, which with the passing years became stronger. She never told him of course but so desperately wanted to be the girl on his arm.

'OK, Brian we know that you have other plans for tonight so we wont keep you long.' Brian's mother Mrs. Littrell said in a caring voice.

She thought it so funny seeing her baby wanting to become more 'independent,' it also touched her heart knowing he was still here. Thinking back to when he was just a baby and knowing that he had been pretty sick and seeing him now was miracle to her.

Anita then turned and looked at Brian.

'You're leaving...' Anita then gave him her signature angel face.

'Yeah baby girl, Emily and me are going out. She said she had a surprise for me.' Brian then grinned and wiggled his eyebrows evilly.

Anita had known that Brain and Emily were very close, what Brian didn't know was that it made her sick and she didn't want him with her. She wasn't his type. Now not saying Anita was perfect or anything...ok...maybe that's what Anita believed but come on, Emily was a cheep twenty-five cent ho!

'But Bri, I was hoping to spend your birthday together, we always do.' Anita said holding his hand and tracing the lines in the palm of his hand.

'I promise sweet face, I am all yours tomorrow!'

Brian then smiled at her and kissed her cheek tenderly. Anita sighed and smiled back up to him.

'Ok, I'll let you go tonight, but tomorrow buster your all mine!'

I wish, Anita said to her self wanting nothing more then to hold Brian at night and kiss his sweet lips.

Brain then had a piece of cake and left in a car with his girlfriend and a few other people Anita didn't like either.

'Oh Brian...will you ever love me as more then just your friend...'

Anita then went out to the tree house that Brian and Kevin use to hang out in and she got to join and a few occasions. She went right to the corner and laid her head down on the sleeping bag she had placed in there a while ago; Anita sat there thinking of Brian and her together.