- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
well here is my next chapter hope you all like it
Chapter 2

Later that afternoon, Grace pulled up on point and stretched her legs as long as she could. It was time to start warming up for her next ballet class and her muscles were chilled from the walk she and Brian had taken. While keeping balance, she moved her feet so she was standing in fifth position on Pointe. Grace looked down to make sure her feet were in their proper place. She held it for a few minutes then let herself down, but stayed in fifth position. Her right heel again her left toes and her left heel against her right toes. She placed her hand on the dance bar and looked around.

All of the other girls were also stretching and getting ready for class to begin. Whispers of excitement floated about the room as the girls discussed the parts of the show and who should play what.

Finally the dance instructors walked in and clapped to get ready to begin class. Grace straightened up along with the other girls and turned her attention to the dance instructors Julia and her husband Jacques.

She listened to Julia give the instructions the turned to the bar and with the other girls, went through the work out. They worked their legs standing in second, then sinking down gracefully, backs straight, tummy's in, toes pressing into the wood of the floor, then slowly rising up again.

Grace felt some slight beads of sweat forming already on her forehead and upper lip. She breathed out hard through her nose, her eyes narrowed and focused.

They worked out on the bar for half an hour then moved to the center to work on some dance steps.

The piano music went along to one of the pieces of The Nutcracker. Though the classroom was filled with excitement, Grace did not notice.

Grace danced along with the music feeling tired and light headed. She tried to shake the feeling away but it was no use. She continued to dance not feeling if she was there. Only by glancing to the mirrors to see herself was how Grace confirmed that she actually was dancing.

Her body twirled lightly over the dance floor. Her arms and back arched gracefully as she leaped into the air, legs coming high off the floor. She blinked dazed seeing her pale face as she did a spinning combination near the mirrors. Finally after what seemed like forever, class ended.

Grace gathered her things and went to meet Brian who was picking her up after a meeting he had. Something having to do with his music career, she knew. He was being invited to join a band called Backstreet Boys.

Grace groaned as she limped out of the locker room. Her mucsles felt like over cooked pasta, she was even trembling a bit. Holding her bag she looked around for Brian, curious of how it went.

Grace knew he would make it with his talent and she wished him the best like he did with her and her dancing.

Then Grace walked out side thinking about the meeting she had earlier with Julia. Julia wanted Grace to board with the school so she wouldn't have to always go back and forth between things.

Grace knew that that would be a lot easier. It wouldn't be like she wouldn't see her family since they all lived there in New York too. She spotted Brian's car and got in.

"Hey there doll face how was class?" Brian greeted her.

She groaned, she hated when he called her doll face but it was no use in telling him that since he would just continue to call her that.

"Fine I guess. Same old same old," She told him deciding to leave out that she wasn't feeling good or else she would worry him. Though at times it was something that she loved the most about him, it was also the think she at times hated the most.

"Tomorrow are the auditions for The Sugar Fairy." She sighed, "Once again my main competition is Melanie." Grace told him thinking of the pretty thin blond.

Brian rolled his eyes. "I cannot stand that girl."

"Who can stand her?" Grace challenged.

Melanie had trained ballet for as long as Grace had. She was a very talented and beautiful dancer but she was so cold most of the girls could not stand her. Though Melanie got many admirers because of her waist length blond hair that was so fine it was nearly white, and her icy blue eyes, once she opened her mouth, her attitude turned others off.

Both Brian and Grace pictured Melanie and her frown. They both dissolved into a fit of laughter. Finally they contained themselves and Brian began the drive home. Grace began to feel light headed once again but like before, decided to ignore it. Soon they got to her house. Brian pulled up into the driveway and parked the car and got down with her.

The house that Grace and her family lived in was modern but comfortable. Brian had always loved the house as it was his home away from home. Grace let them in and looked around. On the kitchen table there was a note.

Grace, your father and I decided to catch a movie and dinner since we haven't had time to ourselves, please make Brian feel at home, hope you have a good time, and we'll see you tonight.


"Well Brian, it looks like it is just you and me. My parents went out tonight cuz they need some time alone or something."

Brian laughed. "So what do you want to do?"

"Um dinner and a video," She answered.

"Fine but isn't it my turn to pick the movie?"

" No way!" She declared standing with her hands on her hips. "I'm picking the movie."

"No," Brian stated, "You'll pick another chick flick."  He made a face to show just how horrifiying and disgusting the thought of a chick flick was to him.

"Yeah so what's your point?" She argued.

"My point is, well that um well fine, fine, fine, since I am such a nice guy, you can pick the movie," He sighed his shoulders drooping with defeat.

"Whatever!” She rolled her eyes but smirked.

So finally she grabbed Grease and settled down on the couch with him. He ate a sandwich and had a soda. She sipped from a water bottle and rested her head in his lap. The couch was so comfortable. It was a nice beige color and as soft as cashmere. The couple spent many nights curled up together watching movies.

A little while into the movie, Brian looked down at her planning on asking why she wasn't having anything, but didn't get the chance since she had fallen sleep. He smiled down at her and turned off the movie and TV. He reached over and grabbed a blanket from the chair. After he tucked her in, he propped his feet up on the table leaned his head back and fell asleep.