- Text Size +
Story Notes:
February Challenge Story
Author's Chapter Notes:
February Challenge Story

AJ looked strangely at the girl before him, cocking an eyebrow up as he watched the scene take place right in front of his eyes, like something out of a nightmare. A first date should not be going like this, especially in a fine dining restaurant, AJ was sure of . Not even close to this, as a matter of fact. Nicole was breaking all of the rules. Well, not all of them, but one of the most important rules, which was acting like a female instead of a man who’d just gotten done playing a rough game of basketball and decided to go out afterwards.

 

“What, may I ask, are you doing?” he finally asked, trying not to gag as she proceeded to bring her hand from under her arm up to her nose, watching as she sniffed.

 

Nicole looked up at AJ innocently as if she were not doing anything out of the ordinary, “Making sure I don’t smell.”

 

Making a face, AJ had to turn away for a second before looking back up at the physically attractive girl in front of him. She was a perfect ten in the looks department, with raven black hair that curled just right, framing her petite, naturally tanned face. Her structure was delicate, small, standing at five foot, eight inches tall, weighing one hundred and thirty-five pounds soaking wet. She had what he assumed to be washboard abs underneath her long, black, strapless dress. When Nicole lifted her arms up to stretch though, AJ saw that she had one major flaw, and before he could stop it, it slipped out of his mouth.

 

“Maybe if you would take care of those groundhogs from under your arms, the stench wouldn’t be trapped in there.” He made in reference to her unshaven armpits, which were in some severe need of some TLC.

 

“What?” Nicole blinked, staring in confusion

 

AJ looked at her in disbelief, pointing, unable to find the words to describe how repulsed he was. And to think that at the beginning of the date, he’d wanted to have sex with this animal. She belonged on the Discovery Channel under observation, not on a date with him.

 

“You…hand….pit…smell…” he sputtered, hoping that he made sense.

 

“Oh,” Nicole’s face lit up as a lightbulb went off over her head. AJ could just see it flickering faintly as she started to get it, “That…” she continued, waving her hand as if it were no big deal. As if normal women acted in this strange behavior, “I do that all the time…to make sure I still smell fresh. It’s not a big deal.”

 

AJ looked at her, eyebrow still raised. He was convinced that if he didn’t lower it, it would become permanently placed higher than it should be.

 

“It’s not…is it?”

 

“No…not at all,” AJ tried to breath out, still repulsed by all of this, “Just an odd…habit. At least you are…conscious of your…hygiene.” He forced a smile in which Nicole smiled back at him.

 

“Good…I’m glad it doesn’t ruin this.”

 

“Not at all.” AJ responded, his mouth starting to hurt from the fake smile he had plastered on his face, bearing teeth and all, “Could you excuse me a moment?”

 

Nicole nodded, wiping her mouth daintily with the cloth napkin.

 

With quick strides through a maze of tables, AJ made his way as quickly towards the door as he possibly could, knocking over a few things on his way out. And then, he was out in the open, breathing in the fresh air. Enjoying it for a moment, AJ allowed himself to shudder. This would be the last time he ever picked up a female at a bus station without screening her first with a background check…ever.