- Text Size +

"Madi!  Where are you?!?  Hello???" Holly yelled over what she thought was Get Another Boyfriend.  It was hard to tell, the music was so damn loud.  She laughed as she pictured AJ coming early.  He would undoubtedly hear the music-you could hear it from the street!-and run away screaming.

Holly made her way through the house, shaking that mean thought out of her head.  Julia and Michele followed her through the house in search of human life.  They arrived at the source of the unbelievably loud music to find Kaiden dancing his little heart out on Madi's bed.  He appeared to be singing along to what Holly guessed was now The Call, but the music was even louder in here and the boy's toddler speak was making it even more difficult to understand.  She left the girls with Kaiden and moved farther down the hall in search of Madi.

"There you are!" Holly mumbled, finding Madi standing in the bathroom in a pair of powder blue sweats and a bra...panicking.

"Kaid, is that you?" Madi asked, hearing something out in the hall.

"No hon, it's me!" Holly yelled over the music, though it turned down drastically about halfway through her sentence and she growled.

The kids could be heard laughing, and...jumping on the bed?  Crap.

"I like the outfit choice Mad," Holly grinned.

"Yeah, I'm not wearing a bra on my date," Madi rolled her eyes, gripping the counter.

"Even better!  AJ will enjoy the easy access!" Holly wiggled her eyebrows.

"Holly Jacobs!  That's not funny!  I'm freaking out here and all you can do is make jokes?  I had an outfit laid out on the bed, but it's probably in a crumpled heap on the floor by now."

"Madi, deep breath.  You know that you're not going to wear the outfit you picked out anyways.  We're going to go through about sixty-three outfits before you finally decide what you want to wear.  And you damn well know that the outfit you decide on will be the one I choose for you to try on first.  I don't see any point in going through the other sixty-two outfits, but since it's you I know we will and I'll just play along."

Madi rolled her eyes at her friend, then yelled out of the bathroom door, "Kaiden Montana stop jumping on my bed!  I'm not missing my date to take you to the hospital!"

"Speaking of Kaiden...What did you tell Mr. Backstreet Boy?"

"One, stop calling him that.  He has a name.  And two...nothing?" Madi glanced at her friend, who was giving her a ‘you've got to be kidding me' look, "I know, I know.  I just didn't have a chance.  He obviously knows that there is a three year old, he just doesn't know that three year old belongs to me.  I will tell him though."

"Yeah...I'm sure you'll be fine.  In the mean time, you worry about drying your hair, and I'll go pick out your outfit."

A little over an hour and eight outfits later, Madi was dressed-in the outfit that Holly chose-and in the bathroom putting on finishing touches.  Holly and the kids were in the living room with pizza and a Disney movie.

Then it happened.  The doorbell rang, Madi scream, the kids raced to the door, and Holly just laughed.  She was following close behind the kids and was there in time to greet Mr. Backstreet Boy.

"I didn't completely believe it was true until just now," she laughed.  AJ looked at her curiously, "Everything okay?  Oh, I'm Holly.  Nice to meet you."

Holly stepped aside to allow AJ into the house and the kids just stood watching in awe.

"This is Madison's house...right?"

"Of course it is Mr. Backstreet Boy!  She's just upstairs finishing up getting ready.  Before I let you two go we need to have a little talk.  If you hurt her, I have a shovel in the garage, I don't think anyone would..." Holly began the joke father's traditionally make when a guy takes their daughter out on a date.

"Miss me?  I think quite a few people might..." AJ laughed.

"Yeah, I realized that joke wouldn't work about halfway through when I remembered who you were.  Oh well.  It was fun while it lasted.  Anyways, I was just helping Madi get ready, and now I get to play babysitter."

"I'm so sorry, I wanted to let you know, but I didn't have your phone number," Madi said as she appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Wow.  You look amazing," AJ said as he took in the sight before him.  Madi had decided to leave her hair down loose around her shoulders with a light curl at the ends.  The jeans Holly chose fit her perftectly, and the yellow and green top left just enough to the imagination.

"Thanks," Madi blushed as she made her way down the stairs, "Thanks again Holly.  You be good Kaiden."

"You ready then?" AJ asked as he reached to open the door for her.  Madi smiled at the group she was leaving behind and followed AJ out to his car.  Always the gentleman, he opened the car door for Madi and helped her in before closing it and going around to the driver's side.

They made small talk as he drove to his house where a nice dinner was almost ready for them.  When they arrived at his house he helped her out of the car and gave her the grand tour of the house.

After dinner Madi decided the time had come.  If she intended on continuing to see AJ-and she most certainly did-she was going to have to give the whole Kaiden story.  Now seemed like as good a time as any.