- Text Size +

 

Ring ring ring!!!

Aaron's POV

" Romance entrance three. How may I help you?" I laughed, playfully nudging my girlfriend, Rose off of my back. She giggled and lightly planted small kisses on my neck.

" Aaron?" I frowned. The voice on the other line was shallow and I could barely make it out. I rested the phone between my ear and my shoulder blade, while I looked at the caller ID. It was Jesse's cell.

" Jesse? Is that you?" I heard him suck in a breath. I could tell he was trying to breath.

" Yeah......" He whispered. I bit my lip, worried.

" Are you okay?" I asked nervously. Something was wrong. I gently grabbed Rose's arm and pulled her away, " Come on Jess, talk to me, man."

" Aaron, can I please stay at your place.....I don't have no where to go." He sobbed quietly on the other end. I took a deep breath and stood up.

" What happened?"

" Please man.....I don't want to talk to you right now. Please...please can I stay?"

" Yeah. Sure man. Whatever you want. Are you still in New York?"

" Yeah. But I'm at the airport right now. Please...I need you....." I chewed my bottom lip nervously.

" Jesse, you're welcome here anytime you want, you know that. And I'll wait up for you okay. Just get on the plane and make sure you get here safely. Bye." I swallowed hard, laying the phone back down. The phone shook in my hand as I placed it back in it's rightful spot.

" Aaron is he okay?" Rose asked me. I looked at her.

" No....he's not."