- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry these chapters are so short. But don't worry they'll get longer as the story goes on.

Chapter Three

 

Choking back dry tears I stumbled up to Aaron's door around 2 in the morning. I reached up near the top of the porch light and grabbed the extra key. I inserted it into the key whole and walked into the house. The light in the living room came on and Aaron walked out into the hall. I stood there, numb. I didn't move or speak. Fresh tears rolled down my face. My knees buckled from underneath me. Aaron caught me in his arms before I fell. Brand new sobs escaped my lips.

" It's okay, man." Aaron comfortingly said. I gripped his shirt tightly and buried my head into his shoulder.

" No, it's not okay....." Aaron pulled me away. I refused to look at him. I didn't want him to see how bad I looked.

" Talk to me. What happened?" I had no choice. I looked up at him. I struggled to catch my breath. When I finally did, I whipped the tears away.

" You know when I wanted to ask Katie to marry me?"

Aaron nodded, silently. Then suddenly his eyes widened.

" She didn't say no, did she?"

I shook my head, " No, it's worse than that. I was gonna ask her but she told me she had something to say to me too. So I told her to go first...." I trailed off and took another deep breath, " Aaron, she broke up with me." Saying that I busted into tears. I fell back into his arms and cried.

" Oh my---Jesse I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine her even doing that. What was her reason?"

" Her career."

" So obviously she's putting her career in front of you, right?"

" Yeah...." I whispered.

" Then she wasn't worth it." I pulled away from him.

" How can you say that? I loved her. You knew I did."

" Look, I'm sorry. That came out all wrong. Jess I'm not very good at these sort of things. But honestly I think if a girl or anyone, puts their main priorities before you, then you don't need to be in the relationship. When you needed her Jess, was she there?"

" Sometimes. But she never really talked to me about anything."

" You see what I mean.......It's her lose, Jess. If she can't see what an amazing person you are, then I don't know. It seems it's her career is more important. You always put her first right?"

I nodded, " Yeah. Always. I gave her everything."

" Yeah. And the only thing she gave you in return was her SIDE love. Come on." I stood up and followed Aaron to one of the bed rooms.

" You can sleep in here tonight, until I can get a real bedroom for you. You need some sleep man. I'll see you in the morning." He turned off the lights and left. I snuggled under the covers as deep as I could. It wasn't until 5 o clock until I finally went to sleep.