- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Since the last chapter was so short here's another chapter, it's a little longer but still a little short. Please read and review!

Hope you enjoy!

CHAPTER 7-------The meaning of Friendship 

 

Licking my lips I pushed open the door leading into Aaron’s studio. Aaron sat in his chair with his computer in his lap.

“Hey.” I said quickly sitting down on the couch tiredly. Aaron put his computer to the side and leaned forward in his chair.

“What’s up?”

“I tried calling Katie.” I said quickly, my gaze in my hands.

“Did you get through to her?”

I shook my head, “No.”

Aaron got up and stood in front of me, “We don’t have to record today if you’re not up for it.” I shook my head once more, “No man. It’s okay. Lets do it.” I stood up and headed to the recording booth. I put on the ear phones and nodded to Aaron. He shrugged and started up the music. I licked my lips and opened my mouth……

Hey baby girl
I've been watching you all day
Man that thing you got behind you is amazing
You make me want to take you out and let it rain
I know you got a man but this is what you should say

 

To me it felt like I couldn’t breathe. I didn’t even know how far into the song I got when Aaron stopped me.

“Jess, are you sure you’re okay?”

“I’m sure.” I said, feeling deep down that I knew I wasn’t.

Aaron stared at me, “Really? Cause it sounds like you have no idea what’s going on.” I stayed silent, “Just relax, man.”

I nodded. Relax? Is that even possible right now?

“Okay, lets take it from the top.” Aaron nodded at me and I started again. I tried to do what he said. I tried to relax. But I’m going to say ‘Relax’ isn’t on my to-do list, because I couldn’t relax. Not right now anyway. I could feel my mind running away from me. I couldn’t hear my voice or the music anymore. I could have sworn I seen the room suddenly change. I was surrounded by pure darkness. Doors and windows covered the walls and when I tried to open them they wouldn’t open. I was stuck inside this dark world, alone. With no one to care or even notice.

“Jess….?” I jumped when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. My eyes snapped open. I didn’t realize they were closed. As a matter of fact, I didn’t realize much of anything. The look in Aarons eyes said it all. They looked scared, just as scared as I felt. Aaron slowly took off the earphones that were still on my head and quietly placed them on the stand in front of me. Aaron pulled me into his arms then. At that time I realized the tears escaping my eyes. Tears I never noticed.

---------

“I’m sorry, man. I don’t know what’s up with me today.” I said rubbing my burning my eyes.

Aaron sighed, “I know what’s wrong. Jess, I hate seeing you like this. You need to face it. Talk to Katie. Don’t back down.”

“I know man.” I whispered, “It’s just I’m getting a feeling in my stomach that the reason Katie broke up with me isn’t the real reason.”

“Why do you say that?”

I stood up and walked across the room, standing in front of the window, “I don’t know. Usually when I get feelings like this, I’m usually right, “ I laughed, scratching my head, “No, wait…that’s you. Are you getting any feelings lately?”

Aaron got up and stood in front of me, “Only that I’m scared for you. I’ve been in your position before. Well, probably not as bad but I understand how you feel. You scared me, because you can’t even get through the first verse of the song without zoning out. I panicked when you did, dude. You looked like you were in a trance or something. I tried getting your attention for almost five minutes.”

My eyes widened, “I was out for that long?” Aaron nodded.

“Oh and by the way. Until you handle this and I know you’re one hundred percent going to be okay. We are not going to record anything. It can wait. I want you to be okay, man.”

I nodded, “Yeah…okay. Sorry…..” I whispered, quickly grabbing my jacket and slipping it on.

“Where you going?” Aaron asked.

I turned and faced him, “Um….out. For a drive. I need some time to think about some things. I just need to clear my head. Don’t worry.”

“I better not worry.” Aaron grinned and patted me on the back. I nodded and walked out the door.