- Text Size +

Later that night, Jesse stumbled into the kitchen, flipping on the light. He groaned and grabbed his head, feeling the pain the light was giving him. His face and shirt is tear stained. He reached up a shaky hand and grabbed a piece of paper off the refrigerator.

Jesse,

No one may not be here when you get back. Lexi is out clubbing and I took Rose out to dinner. There’s a pizza in the fridge for ya. See ya later

Aaron

Jesse crumbled the note up in his hand and threw it in the trash. He ignored the lovely good pizza and walked straight to the bathroom and locking the door.

***

Meanwhile at the restaurant, Aaron and Rose sat in silence in their booth. Rose gazed at her boyfriend. Aaron sat silently gazing out the window, his food untouched. Rose put down her fork and took Aarons hand. Aaron jumped on contact when Rose touched his hand. He sighed heavily and looked away.

“Hunnie, you haven’t eaten a thing. Are you feeling okay?” Rose gently stroked his arm. Aaron bit his lip and shook his head.

“I just have a lot on my mind that’s all.”

“About Jess?”

Aaron took a deep breath and leaned forward, “I don’t know what to do, Rosey. You didn’t see him today. He’s not himself. “

“Well you need to try to help him.”

“What the fuck do you think I’m trying to do?” He spat, then looking around nervously, then moved in even closer, “Rose, I honestly don’t know how to deal with this. I feel helpless. What if I loose him, Rosey? What if we loose him?”

Rose smiled softly and ran her fingers across his cheek, “Aaron, you’re his best friend. If anybody can figure it out, it will be you. Just tell him that he’s not alone in this. That he has us.”

“What if that’s not enough?”

“What do you mean?”

“What if Jesse doesn’t see the bigger picture? What if he doesn’t see US?”

Rose frowned, “Do you think he’ll try to hurt himself?”

“That’s what scares me. I’m too scared to know. I’m so scared that he will. I just have that feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is gonna happen. Something I can’t stop.” Aaron took a shaky breath, trying very hard not to loose it. Rose squeezed his hands and placed soft kisses on his face.

“Your food’s getting cold. Eat before I force you too.” She teased. Aaron chuckled and picked up his fork. He looked into her eyes and gave her a small kiss, “Hopefully when we get home, Jess will be there. We’ll try to talking to him again.” She added. Aaron nodded, putting some green beans in his mouth.

***

Later that night, Jesse stood in front of the mirror staring at his reflection. He didn’t know who he was looking at. He just knew he was someone who didn’t want to be on this planet. He wanted to be someone who doesn’t feel anymore heartache or pain. Looking down at the bottle of aspirin in his hand, Jesse knew what he had to do. He was all dried up from all the tears he cried. After staring at the bottle for what seemed like an eternity, making damn sure this is what he wanted, he placed his thumb underneath the lid and popped it open. The sound of a door slamming shut, brought Jesse’s head back up. His breath caught in his throat when he heard talking coming from outside the window and he then knew it was Aaron and Rose. They were back. Jesse walked up to the door and made double sure that it was locked. He made is way back to the sink and poured the pills out of the bottle and into his hand.

“Good Jesse’s home.” Aaron said, walking up the front steps hand in hand with Rose. Rose nodded and snuggled closer to him. Aaron pushed open the door but stopped in his tracks. Rose stood up straight, looking at him.

“What’s wrong, hunnie.” She asked concerned. Aaron put his hand up to her lips and walked into the house. He took a shaky breath and turned to her.

“Um…go in the living room.”

“Aaron, what’s wrong?”

“Baby! Please just go sit down. I have to go find Jesse. Something doesn’t feel right okay. Just go sit down.” He said in a one breath. Rose swallowed and nodded. She turned and slowly made her way to the living room, looking back every once in a while with concern. Aaron took off his jacket and walked into the hall. It was silent and that wasn’t a good thing. He was getting the feeling again. The feeling his gets when something was gonna happen. He turned the corner then stopped. The bathroom door was closed and Aaron never closes it, that is if someone is using it of course. Swallowing hard, Aaron walked up to the door and nodded lightly.

“Jess?” He voice cracked. He cleared his throat, grabbed the door knob and turning it. It was locked.

“Jess?” He called again, this time hopefully he could hear him. All he got was silence, “Are you in there?” Still no answer. He was about to give up when he heard movement from inside.

Then a small voice came, “Aaron……”

Aaron grabbed the knob again and shook it, “Jesse open the door, man.”

“Go away, man.”

“Please open the door and let me in.”

“No. Leave me alone.”

“No I will not leave you alone. Open the door now.” Aaron said firmly, still shaking the door.

“Aaron please I just want to be alone.” Jesse pleaded, shocked that fresh tears were streaming down his cheeks. He could’ve sworn he was all out of tears.

“You’re going to be alone a lot in your life. But you don’t have to be now if you just let me in and so I can talk to you, dammit. I want to help you. Let me help you!”

“You can’t help me.” Jesse said, flatly. Aaron fell silent, his body shaking. He licked his dry lips and stepped closer to this door.

“Don’t…ever say….I can’t help you. I can help you if you just let me.”

“Just go away, Aaron.”

“I’m not going away. Not now not every. And don’t forget who fucking house this is Jesse. Now open the God Damn door!”

“Fuck off!”

“Jesse unlock this damn door or I’ll knock it the fuck down! What’s it gonna be buddy? I don’t really want to replace my door, so I suggest you unlock it right now.” Aaron was met with only silence. He shook his head in anger and stepped back away from the door. Then with all of his power he slammed himself against the door as hard as he could. Rose, who was in the living room, jumped at the loud bang of Aarons shoulder against the bathroom door. She choked back a sob, quickly grabbing her cell and dialing Lexi. She picked up on the second ring.

“Talk to me, Rosey.”

“Lexi please get home.” Rose cried, trying to get her breath back. With every bang she flinched.

“Rosey, what’s wrong?” Lexi asked, starting to panic.

“Something’s…wrong with…Jesse. Please come home!” She cried hard.

“I’m on my way. Hang in there hun!” The cell phone slipped out of her hand and landed on the floor. Rose leaned up against the wall placing her face in her hands.

After a struggle trying to get the door open Aaron finally succeeded, only to see Jesse race pass him right as the door opened. Startled, Aaron jumped back and hit the wall. Aaron quickly recovered and ran after him.

“Jesse stop!!!” He caught him at the base of the stairs and threw him backwards. Jesse landed hard on the floor, the bottle of pills flying out of his hand and sliding across the floor. Aaron eyed the bottle in horror. He couldn’t believe what Jesse was thinking about doing. Aaron sprung into action. He grabbed Jesse, just as he was ready to snatch the pills back.

“What the fuck are you doing?!” Aaron screamed pinning Jesses hands together.

“Let me go!! I need them Aaron!!! I need them!!” Jesse sobbed, trying desperately to get to them, but Aaron didn’t loosen his grip.

“Rose!!!” Aaron yelled for her. Rose ran into the foyer, her hand on her chest, “Get that bottle and get rid of it!!” Rose nodded quickly and snatched them. Jesse’s eyes widened as soon as she reached for them.

“No! You fucking bitch!! I need those!!” Jesse screamed. He then elbowed Aaron right in the side of the head and got out of his grip. Aaron grabbed his head in pain, then shot right after him. Once again the caught up with him, wrapping his arms around from behind, swinging him around and pinning him back to the ground.

“Why? Why do you need them man?!” Aaron sobbed, feeling his own heart starting to break.

“Because…….I want to…die.”

“No. No you don’t. Please don’t say that.” Aaron whispered, wrapping his arms around him tighter.

“Yes. I. Do. LET ME GO!!” Jesse screamed, violently trying to get loose. Aaron didn’t loosen his grip not once. He pulled him even closer to him.

“No I won’t. I’m not going to let you go. I’m NEVER going to let you go. Never.” Jesse finally stopped fighting him and went limp in his arms, letting the sobs take over his body, “Never gonna let you go. Not in a million years am I ever going to let you go. I’m going to help you even if it kills me. Don’t you ever think you’re in this alone. I’m here. Rose is here. Lexi is here. You’re not alone. You’ll never ever be alone.” Aaron wrapped his fingers in his hair and rocked him back and forth, whispering soothing words in his ear. Rose stood back watching, her cheeks tear stained. Lexi came up behind her, resting her chin on Roses shoulder, gazing on as well.