- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm an updating machine at the moment.  I hve 2 more updates for you right now.  This one is short, but I split it up like this for a reason.  Enjoy!
 

"I don't know if I can do this.  Maybe you should just go by yourself and tell them," Katie suggested, though she knew AJ wouldn't agree.

"I have to go regardless, but they're expecting both of us.  Besides, Kris is leaving town for a few weeks and she's coming to the studio to say good-bye.  Don't you want to see her before she leaves?"

Katie sighed, "I suppose this is the last time she's going to see me at a normal size."

"Good, so let's go," AJ ushered her towards the car and the two left for the studio.

The car ride to the studio was almost silent.  Katie spent the ride trying to figure out how she was going to tell everyone.  Leighanne already knew they were pregnant, but twins...Katie had barely digested the idea.

"They'll be excited for us, won't they?" she asked AJ as he helped her out of the car.

"I guess we'll find out," they walked into the building.

Katie gripped his hand as they walked through the hallways in search of their assigned studio.

"Here we are," AJ opened the door and everyone was sitting around the small room chatting.

"There you are!" Kristin got up and went over to hug Katie, "It's been too long since I've seen you!"

"I know!  And now you're going to New York!  We'll have to go to lunch when you come back though.  You can tell me all about your trip."

"Ladies, I'm going to have to ask you to quiet down now, we've got some work to get to," Howie tried to say as politely as he could.

"Actually...sorry Howie...just a minute.  Alex and I have something to tell you all," Katie looked over at AJ, trying to get him to finish.

"Why do I have to tell them?"

"Because...you do."

"What's going on here?" Kevin asked.

Leighanne's face lit up, "Are you telling everyone?"

"Telling everyone what?" Nick stepped closer, all of a sudden extremely interested.

Katie just nodded.

"You're...really?" Kristin chimed in.

"Really what?" Nick cried.

Katie nodded again.

"Omigod congratulations!"

"Congratulations for what?!?"

"They're pregnant Nicky...they're having a baby," Kevin had understood every word of the broken girl speak and translated for Nick.

"Actually...babies," Katie interjected.

"So how many are we talking here?  Six, seven?" Brian laughed.

"Two.  We found out yesterday that it's twins," AJ set things straight.

"Wow, two more little AJ's running around.  God help the world!" Brian said, sending everyone into laughter.

"The world?  God help Katie.  She's going to be chasing them around everywhere!" Leighanne added.

"We'll manage just fine," AJ glared at the room.

"So how far along are you?"

"Six weeks.  Still a long ways to go."

Katie pulled out the ultrasound picture to show the group the two little heartbeats.

"Are you showing at all yet?"

Katie shook her head, "Not really.  Nothing fits anymore, but I'm not showing."

The guys congratulated the couple and left the girls to talk.  There was work that needed to be done.

*****

The three girls left the studio to let the guys work in peace.  They'd decided to go to the small café down the street from the studio for some lunch and girl talk.

"We haven't decided how or when we'll announce this, so we have to be careful about what we say.  I'm scared to announce anything too early, just in case..."

The girls nodded their understanding.  They both knew that Katie was worried about something happening again, but they couldn't help but being excited.

"I can't believe there are two of them!" Leighanne said excitedly.

"Believe me, I know.  I thought she was kidding yesterday when she said it.  If Alex hadn't been there I might've fallen off of the table!"

"But everything looks good, right?  Strong heartbeats?" Kristin whispered the last question.

"Yeah, very strong.  She said that nothing indicated another problem, but it still scares me."

"So when do you get to find out what they are?"

Katie shrugged, "I was too shocked to ask any questions.  A few months maybe?  I'm going to be absolutely huge."

"I'm sure you'll look gorgeous."

"Thanks.  I'm just wondering how much longer it'll be before it's obvious."