- Text Size +
I want to thank each and every one of your for reading and reviewing, it's because of you that this story got finished. I hit a pretty big writer's block somewhere after... chapter nine I think and had a really hard time getting back into the swing of things. If you guys hadn't been so passionate about the story, I doubt it ever would have got done. So I really have all of you to thank for the fact that I managed to finish this.

Okay, I'm going to explain my song in the Epilogue. First of all I felt as though it was fitting, because the title song was in the epilogue of the last story and yeah.. while it doesn't really fit at the end of the story, I think it fits the story as a whole. There really was a point I think where both of them (Nick and Ash) thought the relationship was going to end and couldn't survive the stress they were being dealt. Add to the fact that Ashleigh was having a little bit of trouble getting the other Backstreet Boys to respect her and yeah. For that reason, I felt as though the song worked. While it was the contrast of a happy scene and a sad song at the end, I felt it was because of those bad experiences that they were able to make it to point in their relationship where they were able to get married. I hope that's how it came across anyway. (FYI, for those who don't know, the song is “My Happy Ending” by Avril Lavigne)

This story was a lot different than the first one. I felt as though it was definitely a lot sadder, and as such that made it harder to write. When I wrote the sad scenes in Ashleigh and Nick of the past in In Pieces, it was okay because we knew that in the future things were working out for them. But there was no future in this story, and that made it hard.

Having Nick and Ashleigh lose their child was incredibly hard to write. I had to research stillbirths a lot, and that was so depressing. Depressing to the point where I changed the story a bit. There was supposed to be this really sad scene where Ashleigh actually delivers the baby, thinking everything is fine, and thens he starts freaking out because he's not crying or anything. But that would have been too hard to write... so I changed it and went with what's in there now. Which was still incredibly hard to write, but it was necessary for the plot to move forward. It actually came form a dream I had, where a couple gets pregnant, the guy is less than happy about it, and then in the end the child dies and he realizes that he really did want the baby. After I woke up from that dream I was like “HEY! A plot for the sequel to In Pieces!” And thus, My Happy Ending was born. The proposal and stuff came later... but in the end, it wrapped up very neatly. Ashleigh and Nick were supposed to be nowhere near ready to be married in the beginning, and by the end, they've gone through and over come so much together that yeah, it's time for them to tie the knot.

Anyway... I think this marks the end for Nick and Ashleigh. I'm not gonna lie, I do have a couple of ideas for a third story... but I think it might just be overkill at that point. They're married, how much drama can there possibly be? We'll see. In the meantime I think I'm going to focus on my new characters and see where that takes me.

Again I'd really just like to thank all of you for your awesome support. You guys rock! I never could have done it without all your fabulous reviews. I hope you enjoyed reading about Nick and Ashleigh as much as I enjoyed writing about them.

----Saka xoxox