- Text Size +
So you want to hear my story, huh? Let me warn you, the last few years have been the most crazy, confusing, frustrating, unbelievable and horrible years of my life. I will probably get relocated for telling you my story, but I just can’t keep it inside anymore, it’s killing me!
My name USED to be Nickolas Gene Carter and I was a member of the singing group the Backstreet Boys. I was 26 had light blonde hair with ocean blue eyes that women went nuts over. I toured around the world and sang in front of millions of people. I was rich and famous. I had a huge house and everything I wanted inside of it. I had a dysfunctional family but I still miss them. You would not believe how much I miss Brian and his son Baylee; I wasn’t really close to his wife but she is a sweet woman and I miss her some, too. Then there is Kevin, he was my make shift father and I actually long to hear him jumping down my throat for playing a prank or something. I can’t forget Howie, he is an amazing guy and I miss him terribly. Now, there is AJ. No one really understood the relationship that I had with him; we were, actually, really close. None of that exists in my life anymore, only in my memories.
When I was first thrown into the Witness Protection Program a little over two years ago my name was changed to Michael Lee Smith. My hair was dyed a natural red color and I was made to start wearing hazel colored contacts. They said that being famous was going to make it that much harder to hide my true identity. Anyways, I was shipped off to some rinky dink town in Montana.
I don’t know if they did special things for me because of who I was or if it is routine but I was allowed to return to my house and pack a couple large suitcases to take along. Most of my stuff got left behind…isn’t that a bitch? I have worked my ass off since a very young age to be able to afford that shit and I only got to take two large suitcases, a big duffel bag, and two boxes of stuff!!!!! Arg! That, in itself, aggravates me. I was also allowed to say goodbye to some of my family as well as the guys and Baylee. AJ said he would take care of the rest of my stuff, in case I was ever allowed out of the WPP. Lastly, they allowed me to withdraw most of my money out of the bank (the rest was left in AJ’s care. He set up a separate bank account in his name, where he set aside the rest of the money and that was where any other royalties or BSB earnings would go.).
So anyways, I only spent a few months in Montana, before some one was able to recognize me. I guess all the media coverage, over a disappearing Backstreet Boy, didn’t help me stay invisible. See, the four guys are the only ones who know why I am stuck in the WPP, to begin with…but I will explain that a little bit later.
I was relocated to Virginia, where my name became Kyle James Linden. My eyes stayed the fake hazel but my hair was now pitch black. Trust me when I say it did NOT look good!! I was a few years younger, too. I was a lively 23 year old, HAHA! I was living in some small apartment in the middle of Richmond. But, again, somehow I was recognized in a mall. I couldn’t believe it! My hair was friggin BLACK, dude! How are these fans picking me out?!? So…I was relocated AGAIN.
This is when I found myself in Epping, New Hampshire. This location last only a week! Then it was off to another new location. By this time, you have to be able to imagine my frustration! Now, I have been HERE for almost a year and a half.
My name is now Jonathan Reeve Oviado. I live in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Yes, I am a mother fucking Uper and I live out in BFE! My little damn cabin…yes, I did say CABIN is in Marquette County. I don’t live in a town, like I said, I live in BFE. I work at a grocery store *laughs* about 30 hours a week making slightly above minimum wage *laughs again*. See what I mean when I say my life went down the tubes? No offense to the people of working America, but this is a shock to my system and I am not dealing with it well. Any ways, would you like to hear how this all happened to me and what my life is like now?