- Text Size +
Alright, I know this is my story an all but I have to hand it over to my sidekick, for a bit. She told me what went on in that room that night, but I figure that it’s better if she tells you what happened. Be patient with her, it took me a lot of puppy dog looks and ‘pretty please’s to get her to do this. *wicked grin* No woman can resist me! Even if my hair is an ugly reddish brown, poopy, uckie, nasty color. Anyways, here is Chels…

Okay, so here goes. After the girls recognized him and Kelly spilled about her crush on him, they dragged me back to the little office down the hall. Erika closed the door and Kelly sat in the office chair to bring up the computer. I was oblivious as to what was going on.
“We have to pick Dani up at the airport in the morning,” Erika told me.
“WHAT?!?!?!” I practically screamed. “What is she doing, coming here?”
“That’s what we need to talk about,” Kelly swiveled in the chair, turning to look at me. “She isn’t the only one coming. Every Backstreet Boys fan that we know, is on the way here.”
“Did you tell them about Nick?” I questioned as my temper started to rise.
“No,” Erika shook her head. “As a matter of fact, we need to find him a hotel to stay in. That way no one will ever know he is here with you.”
“Read this,” Kelly told me as she stood from the chair. I replaced her, in the chair, and began to read what was on the screen. “It is from a co-worker of Erika’s.”

Attention All Backstreet Boys Fans:

My name is Sharon and most of you already know me. What you don’t know is that my older brother is the leader of the gang that is holding AJ and Brian hostage! I am outraged at my brother’s actions and, as twisted as it may seem, I am more loyal to the Backstreet Boys than I am my brother.
I know everything there is to know about this gang of my brother’s. I know all the members, their families, their hangouts, their tactics, their habits, their strategies and most importantly I now know the location where they are keeping AJ and Brian! I just overheard their location this morning while my brother was talking to another member of the gang. The police only told me they would ‘look into it’. I don’t think they believed me.
So, what am I going to do? I am going to hold a meeting in three days. All fans are encouraged to come. With enough fans and my knowledge, we can beat my brother’s gang and get our Boys out of there!!!!! KTBSBPA and meet me at 17853 S. Bendon. It’s a run down old school and will be big enough for all of us to gather. BRING ALL FELLOW FANS! MY BROTHER MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!! FREE OUR BOYS!

“Is this for real?” I questioned as I turned to face the girls.
“As real as that Backstreet Boy in the living room,” Erika smirked. “I work with Sharon and she was pissed off when she came to work, that day. She told me all about what happened and she is ready to cut throat!”
“Yeah,” Kelly snickered, “she has the major jones for Brian. But, she is more pissed off that they took poor Baylee hostage. Sure, he was freed and unharmed but seriously, who does that? I mean Baylee is so young and innocent!”
“So…” I trailed off trying to make sense of everything. “the fans are uniting to take things in our own hands?”
“Yep,” they both nodded.
“Isn’t this dangerous?” I was totally amazed by the whole idea.
“Well, I guess, it depends on how many fans show up,” Kelly shrugged. “The email was sent out two days ago and you know how fast Backstreet Boys fans can spread news. When we got it, we sent it out to every fellow fan we know, and this house is going to be busting at the seams, as soon as everyone gets here.”
“Yeah, we are picking up about twenty girls, at the airport, first thing in the morning,” Erika smiled widely.
“Whoa,” I blinked rapidly. I went to school with Erika and Kelly but they both went separate ways for college. Kelly went to UCLA and Erika went there to Florida State; so it wasn’t too surprising that they knew so many other fans. “This is insane! How do you know that she isn’t setting us all up?”
“I just know,” Erika answered. “Her face was so red with anger when she told me about it and I helped her come up with the idea for the fans to take control. Lord knows there are enough of us,” she giggled. Enough of us? Boy, wasn’t THAT the understatement of the year! Kelly took me to some chat rooms where I saw, what had to be, every Backstreet Boys fan in the world talking about it. My jaw dropped when I saw that the word had spread all over the world and there were some girls flying from other countries to help save the Boys!!!! I couldn’t believe my eyes! I mean, I know that us Backstreet fans are hardcore but I NEVER would have guessed that people would fly from other countries to try rescuing AJ and Brian.
“Crazy, isn’t it?” Kelly piped up from behind me.
“I don’t think ‘crazy’ covers it,” I shook my head and continued reading the chats that were scrolling in front of me.
“Do you think the Boys will be surprised that their fans are still so hardcore?” Kelly questioned with a laugh. “At least we don’t chase them for miles anymore or rip their hair out.”
“I tugged on Howie’s hair once,” Erika grinned.
“Ooo, I love that man’s hair!” I replied.
“Nick better watch his while he’s here,” Kelly joked with a chuckle.
“Anyways, back to the subject at hand…” I sighed turning back to the computer screen. “How does she think we are going to pull this off? I mean these guys HAVE to have guns and we are just a mob of crazy obsessed fans.”
“Hey…crazy and obsessed can be a deadly combination!” Kelly noted.
“Um, hello? What would you do if we snuck in there and you saw one of them gang punks beat on AJ?” Erika questioned with a hand on her hip. The mental picture of AJ being hurt flashed through my mind and I could feel anger well up inside my stomach.
“I’ll fucking kill somebody!” I blurted.
“Now if you have a whole big mob of crazy obsessed girls that are thinking those exact thoughts, don’t you think we could pummel a few puny gang guys?” Erika was always the aggressive type but wow, was she ready to cut someone!
“You may just have a point,” I said thinking it over. I was picturing a hundred, or so, Backstreet fans bombarding the gang members, catching them off guard, and coming to the Boys’ rescue. It was quite the pleasing picture. Hopefully, it would all turn out that well. It was hard to imagine so many girls willing to take that kind of a risk for a couple of men who happen to sing…I wonder if the Boys realize how much of an impact they have.
This could turn out one of two ways: either we are successful and help to free the Boys or there was going to be a lot of fans injured or maybe killed. I shuddered at the thought. I was sure hoping it wouldn’t be the latter.
“Hey Nick. What are you watching?” I asked rejoining him in the living room. I felt kind of bad for leaving him alone. The girls and I agreed that he shouldn’t really know what was going on because he would want to help and that was a risk we didn’t want to take. For whatever reason, we were ready to put our lives on the line for AJ and Brian but weren’t about to let Nick do it…we didn’t want him dead any more than we wanted AJ or Brian dead.

~~***~~

“Hey Nick. What are you watching?” Chelsea appeared from the hallway.
“CSI,” I answered. “Did you girls have a nice chat? I hope that you weren’t talking bad about me.”
“We would never!” she smiled and hit my arm lightly.
“So, what WAS that all about?” I questioned, not really expecting much of an answer.
“Lots of stuff. Hey, you and I are going to go grab a hotel room, okay? Erika and Kelly have some unexpected guests dropping by and we don’t want you to get recognized by anyone else.”
“Um, Okay,” I replied a bit suspicious. What the heck was going on? Before I could really object or figure out what was going on, we were back in the dumb car and headed to another damn hotel. She went to check in and we then lugged our stuff into the room. After ten minutes or so, she took a deep breath and started a conversation that upset me a bit.
“You trust me, right, Nick?”
“Um…I guess.”
“Look. I know this whole situation is fucked and I know that it is hard to trust anyone right now,” she was sitting next to me and was staring at me.
“Where are you going with this?” I asked out of complete confusion.
“I need you to teach me a little of that secret language you were talking about,” she sighed.
“WHAT?!? NO! Are you kidding me? You have got to be out of your mind! I can’t do that! No one…NO ONE knows that except me and AJ,” I responded with furrowed eyebrows.
“It’s important, Nick. I would NEVER do anything to hurt you or the other guys. You have to believe me! Please, Nick? I can’t tell you why I need to know but it could help them. I know this sounds completely fucked up, but you have to trust me,” she was pleading with me. I looked over to her and locked eyes with her. I could almost see right through her. Why was I ready to tell her everything? Why was my mind screaming at me to trust her? How could I possibly know that she wasn’t going to use this against me, somehow? All these questions and many more ran through my head but for some reason my reply was something like…
“What would you need to know?”
“I don’t know. Just a few basics, you know, so that AJ would know that I was an ally and not an enemy,” she shrugged.
“Wait a tick,” I shook my head, “do you plan to talk to AJ? What is going on?”
“I can’t tell you what is going on. Let’s just say that I might be able to get him a message but I would need to make sure no one else knew what I was saying,” she answered vaguely.
“The language and code are called Nickalex,” I began slowly. I was watching her reactions very closely. From what I knew of her, she wasn’t very good at hiding her expressions or keeping a ‘poker face’.
“Nickalex? Like Nick and Alex put together? That is so cute!”
“Give me a break, I was like 13 and AJ was like 15, okay? Anyways, his name is Silver Ring and mine is Bumblebee Tuna,” my voice grew quiet as I finished my sentence and, just as I thought, she burst into laughter.
“Bumblebee Tuna? As in Jim Carey from Ace Ventura?”
“Yes.”
“That is so funny!”
“Glad you’re amused,” I retorted a bit annoyed.
“Sorry,” she took a deep breath to calm herself.
“Brian is Shakaka…yes, that DOES refer to the bat from Ace Ventura,” I noted as she tried to hold back her giggles. “Howie’s name is Labrador and Kevin is…” I took a deep breath and prepared myself for another outburst. “Kevin’s name is Monkey Butt.”
“Monkey Butt? Why?”
“Because he is as uptight as one,” I shrugged cracking a smile.
“Nice,” she laughed.
“Okay so…” I continued to teach her some of our language but only enough to get across a message to AJ. I didn’t want her, or anyone else, to know the whole language. It was supposed to be for just me and AJ but this was a dire situation and called for drastic measures. If it meant helping Brian and AJ, then I was willing to do it.