- Text Size +
Sarah led the way as we crept further down the hall. Brian was so close to me that, if I didn’t know better, I would have sworn we were attached. Sarah came to a sudden stop. Tugging on my hand she led us into another empty room.

“Shhh,” she silenced us before we could question her. That’s when I heard it…another voice.

“That one guy is gone,” the male voice spoke.

“I don’t really care about that one, John,” a deeper voice replied. The three of us listened closely to the conversation that was taking place in the hall.

“Why? I thought we were holding them captive.”

“I really just wanted the other one. I told you this already.” It seemed like the two men had stopped walking and were, now, standing in one spot. I was holding my breath and trying my best not to move because, knowing my clumsy ass, I would probably knock something over.

“Oh.”

“Look, AJ is the one I needed. The other guy and his son were only taken because they happened to be with AJ at the time. Since we moved AJ to the place on Woodmere, I don’t think those dumb fans will be an issue. Thanks, by the way, for having your men arrest those crazy bitches. It comes in handy having guys on the force.”

Now, THAT is some sucky ass news! But, why do they want AJ? There is something going on here and it isn’t all about me! I squeezed Brian’s hand because I could sense that he tensed up after hearing their reason for abducting him and Baylee. That’s when it hit me…SHARON! I bet this whole thing has something to do with her!

“Thanks, Brody. It didn’t take much to get them to put me in charge of this case.”

“I just love crooked cops,” the man snickered as I heard them start walking again.

“Here to protect and serve!” Both of the men began laughing loudly. We waited until we heard a door close before any of us said anything.

“The cops are in on this! Why do they want Aje?” I questioned with a bit of panic.

“I can’t believe this,” Brian said softly. I pulled him into a hug. This was turning out to be one hell of a night!

“It looks like we are going to need some new FBI guys,” Sarah said as she opened the door. “Let’s go. We have to get across town…quickly.”


Sarah dragged us through the building fairly quickly. I only tripped over my feet once, by the way. Brian crawled out of the window first, followed by me and then I helped Sarah out. Looking around she cautiously led us around the back side of the building which put us in a back alley.

“Are there gloves in the bag?” she asked, stopping to look at me.

“Uuuum,” I sifted through the back pack quickly and, sure enough, there was two pair of latex gloves. “Yep, two pair.”

“B-E-A-U-tiful,” she grinned, snatching a pair from my hands. She slipped them on. Looking around her, she approached an older Buick that was parked a little ways down the alley. Needless to say, I was a bit shocked to see her fling the driver’s side door open and proceed to hot-wire the thing!

“Are we seriously going to steal a car?” Brian questioned.

“Yes. Nick, put on the other gloves and Brian, don’t touch anything. We can’t leave any prints behind.” Suddenly the car came to life. “Get in.”

“This is freakin’ sweet,” Brian said with a goofy grin. “I have always wanted to do this kind of stuff because they make it look so cool in the movies. I just wish Aje wasn’t in danger,” his voice lowered after mentioning our friend.

“You have GOT to be kidding me, Bri! You are actually into this?” I turned in my seat to glance back at him. He slightly nodded and turned a light shade of pink. “Okay, so let’s re-cap. I get another new identity and a wife, we join a huge group of fans, I find out AJ’s ex is leadin’, we break in, Sarah wacks a dude in the head, we crawl through air ducts, Sarah squares a guy in the jaw, Erika seduces some guy and we end up hog tying him, I try to save the day but fail, Sarah comes to my rescue and snaps the guys neck, his gun goes off and narrowly misses me, we find out AJ and Brian were moved, we get busted but Sarah tells him to suck dick and beats the fuck out of him, chick raid the place, there’s no basement, we find and save Bri, the cops are dirty, NOW she is hot wiring a car and the night ain’t even OVER yet!” I rambled on without taking more than a couple breaths.

“That sound about right,” Sarah nodded with a giggle while Brian sat there wide eyed.

“What was the name of this movie, again? And where is my script?” I asked. “I demand my own trailer!”

“So, back to the subject at hand, how are we going to find AJ?” Brian asked, ignoring me. Leave it to him to destroy my moment.

“I think I have an idea of where to look. I used to work at that little coffee shop on Woodmere, and I remember a lot of drug deals and gang activity in one little spot. So, I figured, that would be a good place to start.”

“Alrighty then,” I shrugged.

“Um, how long, exactly have you two been married?”

Brian asked. I was a bit surprised that it took him this long to come out with it because I knew he had been dying to know since the moment it was mentioned.

“Officially? Um…what is it? Going on like 8 hours…wouldn’t you say, dear?” I snickered looking over at Sarah as she drove.

“Give or take.” She answered without looking away from the road. Brian just sat there looking at me. I flashed him a smile just as Sarah put the car in park. “Make sure you don’t leave anything and Brian, DON’T touch anything! Nick, open his door. Let’s move boys, we don’t have all night!”

“It’s already, almost, 5.” Brain noted.

“SHIT! Is it that late already?” Sarah stopped in her tracks and looked back to Brain.

“Yeah,” I nodded after looking at my own watch.

“We’re going to have to wait. There is no way that we can get in, find him, and get him out before daylight,” she sighed heavily. “We need to go back to the hotel, I guess, and prepare for nightfall.”

“Are you kidding me?” I asked in disbelief. “He could be moved by then, or worse!”

“I think she’s right, Nick. As much as I hate to admit it, we can’t take the risk during daylight. The darkness of night works to our advantage,” Brian sighed.

“Alright, alright,” I reluctantly agreed.

“Blake, you go to get a room at like the Super 8 or whatever. Meet me at the McDonald’s on 7th. I will go get our stuff. We need to split up, just as a precautionary. Brain, you go with him but not in to register for the room. Try to lay low and not be seen too much.” Sarah instructed.

“But you said that I should stick…” I started to object but she cut me off.

“Listen to me. We are much more likely to be recognized if we are together. Remember, the cops are in on this…no one can be trusted! We have to split up. You guys should even walk with a bit of distance between you. This is getting serious and we can’t afford for anything else to hinder AJ’s rescue.”

“I would say ‘serious’ is an understatement,” I retorted with a roll of my eyes.

“Exactly,” Brian nodded. “If we are in a group, the cops might spot us and arrest us, too. Or the gang could spot us and decide to ‘silence’ us,” Brian’s shoulders shuddered at the last part of his comment.

This was when we went separate ways. Brian walked on the other side of the street, but ahead of me a ways. I had given Sarah a tight hug before she trudged off, in the opposite direction. Although I was happy that Brian was safe, I was extremely worried about AJ. By the sound of those guys, I made the assumption that they wanted more from AJ then just information about me and that was very unnerving.

My silent prayers were filled with pleads for this, real life, movie to have a happy ending. Which, that brings me back to my script. Aren’t ALL movies supposed to have a script? Because, I just KNOW that this is either a vivid dream or a movie…since when does this shit, actually, happen in real life? AHA! It’s a new video game and I am just so caught up in it, that it just SEEMS real!