- Text Size +
“God, someone shut her up!” Sharon shouted as we neared the door. I looked at Brian and shrugged. I don’t think either of us knew what to do, so we just stood there like morons.

“Good one. Can’t fight your own battles?” Sarah laughed loudly.

“Shouldn’t you be cooperating?” AJ questioned with annoyance in his voice.

“What? Do you think that will help any? Yeah, that’s what I thought…shut up,” Sarah snipped back at him. I knew she was probably starting to get under AJ’s skin, too. “So are you going to share what’s going on?”

“Not likely,” Sharon scoffed.

“Fine. Say hello to my little friends,” Sarah stated before starting to laugh obnoxiously. Before I realized what was going on, a couple men barged past us and into the room.

“FBI! DROP YOUR WEAPONS AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!” one of the men screamed. I was in shock. Where did they even come from? I hurried into the room and untied Sarah while Brian untied AJ.

“Listen closely because I am going to make you an offer you can’t refuse,” Sarah spoke into Sharon’s ear. The FBI guys had the gang men under gun point but Sharon was only being covered by Sarah. “You and I are goin downtown for a little chat.”

“Fuck you.” Sharon spat.

“That’s cool,” Sarah shrugged. Slamming Sharon against the wall, Sarah smiled, “game over man, game over.” As soon as the words fell from her lips, four other men, dressed in black, came crashing into the room. My mouth fell open when I saw that one of them was my case worker from the WPP. One of the men started trying to get me, Brian and AJ out of the room when the window shattered. I assumed that the men jumping in through the window weren’t FBI because Sarah and the men began to whoop ass. The three of us looked at each other before we started throwing punches, as well.

“I’m getting to old for this shit,” AJ rolled his eyes as he squared one of the gang members in the jaw. When the guy dropped, AJ grabbed onto another, holding him as I proceeded to beat his face. I have to say Brian was fairing pretty well, too. It seemed as if more and more gang members were pouring in through the window and, now, the doorway, too.

“OUT! Nick! Brain! AJ! Out…GO…NOW!!!” Sarah screamed at us. After knocking over a few guys, we did as we were told. Once outside, we looked back and forth between us.

“This is fucking insane,” AJ ran his hands through his hair.

“What is going on? I am so confused! Where are all these people coming from and why are they all after us?” Brian shook his head. I looked up to see Sarah and the FBI men running out of the building at break neck speed.

“Get away! GO! Away from the building!” Sarah instructed as they came flying towards us. She spun around to face the building. “YIPPIE CIYAY MOTHERFUCKERS!!!” she screamed as an explosion burst from the building causing the ground to rock.

“WOO! Awesome work, Jay,” my case worker high fived Sarah.

“WHAT is going ON!” AJ demanded as he walked up to the group of people.

“We just saved your asses, that’s what’s going on,” Sarah smiled widely at AJ. Just as I was about to open my mouth, I was startled by the sound of a gun shot.

“What was…” I began to ask but stopped short, when I saw one solitary gang member dragging himself across the grass. Sarah walked up and knelt next to him.

“An explosion and then a gun shot square in the back? Why is he still alive?” she looked at the man funny as he lay on the ground staring at her. “It vexes me…I am terribly vexed.”

“Here Jay,” one of the guys tossed her his gun.

“You know, it wasn’t very smart, what you did. Kidnapping, assault, eluding, unregistered weapon, possession of narcotics…come on dude…and then you pointed a gun at both AJ and myself. Seems to me like I am in danger being so close to you,” she smirked down at him. He slowly moved his hand towards her and grabbed her ankle. She stood up and fired the gun. She tossed the gun back to the original owner.

“What, the FUCK, just happened?” I finally spoke back up, looking at her with disbelief. She looked at me momentarily before men started emerging from various hiding places. They were all decked out in black, with radios and guns on their hips.

“You six, secure the entire area, check for any survivors and get them downtown. You, get someone in here to clean up this mess,” she waved her hand towards the flame engulfed building.

“Yes, ma’am,” the men nodded simultaneously, before heading to follow their instructions. For some reason, all these men were intently hanging on every word that left her lips. AJ, Brain and I were standing a few feet behind Sarah, watching the scene unfold…we didn’t know what else we were supposed to be doing, so we just stood there.

“There is going to be an ass load of paperwork for this one, Jason. I need you to head beck to your office, first thing in the morning, and get started on those papers for me. We need to get things rolling so we can get these guys back to their normal lives, Mr. Carter included,” she ordered my WPP case worker. “You too, Daniel, I want everything on my desk as soon as you can. Get help, if you need it.”

“Yes, ma’am.” They both nodded.

“Lucas, get some of your guys and find that dill weed cop, John, whatever the fuck his last name is. I want him found and in custody, NOW, along with any of this friends that are in on this. GO!” she ordered, pointing her finger toward the road, where there were a bunch of vehicles parked.

“Yes, ma’am,” the guy nodded before sprinting off in the other direction. I silently licked my lips as I watched her order the other men around. She was sweaty and covered in a combination of dirt and blood. My eyes remained locked on her as she continued.

“I want this place stripped down; the other buildings, too. I want every single, solitary piece of evidence bagged and filed. This is no laughing matter, guys, and it is a far fucking cry from being over yet, got it? We have a fucking mess to clean up and a shit load of people to, still, find and deal with. Let’s not waste time,” she concluded with a snap of her fingers.

“Yes Ma’am,” the men chimed again, before scattering in different directions.

“Come on guys, let’s go,” she waved to me, AJ and Brian. Walking quickly, she headed towards the last parked vehicle that the men must have intentionally left for us.

“Care to explain?” I questioned as I caught up to her. “Who are you? What the hell is going on?” She drew in a long deep breath before exhaling slowly. All of us were standing next to the big black van, when she turned to face me.

“My name is Jordan Harris and I am an agent of the CIA,” she sighed heavily. “I have been working closely with the FBI and WPPOn this case. Since the CIA is over the FBI and WPP I have been one of the main people overseeing this case.”

“Wha…what? My wife is a CIA agent?!?” I questioned as we all piled into the van.

“Hold it, back the fucking train up…wife?” AJ’s looked at me with utter shock. I was actually quite amused by the look on his face.

“For the love of all things deep fried! There is no marriage license so we are not officially or lawfully married. Our paperwork, for the assumed identities, documents us as a married couple. Therefore, our current identities are married. It’s confusing really,” Sarah…Jordan, waved her hand around in the air as she explained everything to Brian and AJ.

“Sounds like it,” AJ responded with raised eyebrows. “But hey, thanks for saving my scrawny ass. Sorry if I got a bit anal back in that room.”

“It’s cool,” she shrugged.

“Okay seriously, enough of the shit. Explain this whole CIA thing.” I looked over at her. I was expecting a detailed answer and I wanted it sooner rather than later.

“I’m sorry Nick, but I can’t really tell you much. It’s a lot more complicated than just a few boy band members witnessing a murder.” She glanced at me and our eyes locked for a brief moment. Have I mentioned how pretty her eyes are?

“Hey, I didn’t think the CIA dealt with stuff like this,” Brian interjected.

“They don’t. The CIA deals with matters of national security. The FBI and WPP handle things like murders, gangs and such,” she looked at him through the rearview mirror.

“I don’t get it. If the CIA doesn’t deal with this stuff, then why are you here?”

“Think about it Nick,” AJ leaned up and looked me in the eye. “She said it’s more complicated than just us. If the CIA deals with issues of national security, there must be something about this whole mess that is jeopardizing, said, national security.”

“Yeah…okay,” I stuttered. We arrived at a fancy hotel and Sarah…I mean Jordan….got us all checked in. I had a really bad headache and was ready for some sleep. There as a lot for my un-evolved brain to try and process.

“Okay, Brian and AJ, you guys are sharing a room. Nick, you’re stuck with me for one more night,” she glanced at me as she gave the other guys their key. “There should, already, be clothes waiting in the room for you. Oh, and I’m sorry, but you can’t call any of your family or friends just yet. You’ll have to wait until after we get some things straightened, tomorrow.”

“Sure,” AJ nodded.

“Okay,” Brian agreed. We all boarded the elevator and made our way to our respective rooms. I sighed deeply as I stepped into the room I was going to be sharing with her.

“Nick...I…I’m sorry if you feel like I betrayed you or something,” she sighed, plopping onto the large bed that was in the middle of the room. “Look, until we get everything straightened out and all the papers filed, tomorrow, you are, technically, still my husband. I want to talk to you about this.”