- Text Size +
“Home at last,” I sighed throwing my keys on the side table. I collapsed in my desk chair and booted up my computer. “Alright! I have a mail from Aje!” I said aloud as I excitedly clicked on his message. The only thing that sucked was that we had a secret language AND a secret code. All of our messages were a combination of the two so that anyone else would have that much harder of a time de-coding it. This message was no different…

‘Yo-
Paylay arco jbgxi 3krnnm nickel smack. paylay dgx8qqm pkbcr chuck hgna Sharon. Hooch nay p8xj e8nrs hrkr kgian 8pb2n ark…nbn8q boomba! Xbn na8n paylay sab2qj avelec prrx s2k3kgsrj p2n, paylay h8qcrj gx bx ark hgna sber bnark i2m…gx HOOCH NAY prj, xbxr upper foot qrss! Us nagxc, na8n paylay h8s rxi8irj us ark. Ra nickel smack. Paylay i2rss, gn’s p8fc us hooch nay ikb23grs play xbh. Paylay jbx’n kr8qqm nagxc na8n paylay arco upper foot ‘srnnqgxi jbhx’ nm3r, 8dnrk 8qq. Spaghetti nickel smack. Hashneco na8n 8xm i8qs gx mb2k qgdr, kgian xbh?
Spaghetti, pm upper foot h8m, hooch nay qgnnqr xr3arh Baylee a8s prrx igogxi ags j8j 8 k2x dbk upper foot ebxrm q8nrqm. Paylay jbx’n cxbh urm a8s ibnnrx gxnb upper foot e2xfacgx p2n burger and fries crr3 ybcgxi 8kb2xj 8pb2n age prgxi 8 erssrj 23 fqbxr bd ags j8j 8xj Bumblebee Tuna. Burger and fries 8qq egss na8n fa8k8fnrk, harkrork ar jgs833r8krj nb. F8x ho prqgror paylay 8fn28qqm egss age, nbb? Paylay a8or nbqj ho urm 8 burrito pqbxjr ar ishkeli…8xj abh highing 8xxbmgxi ar f8x pr!
Snot, Labrador ishkeli f8qqgxi rule. Burger and fries hashneco ibgxi b2n fq2ppgxi, y2sn us irn b2n bd nags abnrq play 8 hagqr. Paylay avelec prrx fbb3rj chuck gx arkr play nhb outta control xbh! 2A, sberngers paylay a8nr upper foot nk8orqgxi…nickel smack, frkn8gx 38kns bd gn. Arm, paylay hgqq f8nfa ho q8nrk nab2ia.
Fingers-
Silver Ring’

“Great, Aje. It’s a long one,” I laughed. I jumped up from my seat and headed into the kitchen. Opening the refrigerator I grabbed myself a can of soda. Snagging the bag of chips off the counter I headed back to my desk chair. I set to work de-coding the message. About 45 minutes later I had an un-coded message before my eyes…

‘Yo-
I am doing pretty well. I finally broke up with Sharon. My band mates were right about her…total bitch! Not that I should have been surprised but, I walked in on her with some other guy…in MY bed, none the less! To think, that I was engaged to her?!? Eh well. I guess, it’s back to my groupies for now. I don’t really think that I am the ‘settling down’ type, after all. Oh well. Are there any gals in your life, right now?
Oh, by the way, my little nephew Baylee has been giving his dad a run for the money lately. I don’t know what has gotten into the munchkin but we keep joking around about him being a messed up clone of his dad and Nick. We all miss that character, wherever he disappeared to. Can you believe I actually miss him, too? I have told you what a damn blonde he is…and how fucking annoying he can be!
Shit, Howie is calling me. We are going out clubbing, just to get out of this hotel for a while. I have been cooped up in here for two days now! UH, sometimes I hate the traveling…well, certain parts of it. Hey, I will catch you later though.
Peace-
Aje’

“I miss you guys, too.” I spoke to the computer screen. My head whipped toward the door at the sound of a loud knocking. I quickly closed everything on my computer screen and turned the monitor off before heading to open the door. “What are you two doing here? Wait, how did you know where I even lived?” I asked as my eyes landed on Dani and Steph.
“Keith gave it to us,” Dani shrugged as she pushed past me.
“What? Why?” I questioned as I looked at her.
“You forgot the hair dye and Dani decided that you HAD to have it TONIGHT,” Steph answered from the same spot she had been standing, outside my front door.
“Oh,” I responded simply as I looked her over.
“Well aren’t you going to come in?” Dani asked from the living room. “Nice place, Oviado.”
“Thanks, Dani. By the way, go ahead and come in,” I looked at her funny. “Come on, Steph, you too.”
“Thanks, Jonathan,” she smiled as she stepped inside.
“Oh, now you know you aren’t allowed to call me that. I hate the name, Jonathan,” I scrunched my nose. “It’s either JR or Reeve.”
“Come on and let’s dye your hair already,” Dani said tapping her foot impatiently.
“Wait,” I said grabbing the box, “this isn’t my normal brown color.”
“I know. I’m not sure what your natural color IS, but I think you would look WAY better as a blonde,” Dani grinned.
“Oh no, uh uh,” I shook my head repeatedly, “not happening. I can’t be blonde. No.”
“What? What the heck not?” Dani scrunched her eyebrows.
“Dani, chill out,” Steph hit Dani’s arm. “If he doesn’t want to be blonde, you can’t make him.”
“Yeah,” I nodded with my hands on my hips.
“Uh, fine,” Dani rolled her eyes and pulled out another box. “I brought the brown, just in case.” I led the girls to the bathroom where Dani proceeded to touch up my roots. I admit, it was nice not to have to do it myself.
“There,” Dani smiled, “all done.” She grinned as she finished washing the dye from my hair. I used a towel on my hair as the two of us walked out to find Steph cooking in the kitchen.
“Hamburger Helper, anyone?” she smiled.
“Eat, Oviado. You will need your strength. We are taking you out to the club,” Dani shoved a paper plate in front of me.
“There’s a club around here?” I asked a bit surprised.
“Well, the closet one that’s any good is about an hour away,” Steph answered.
“And, it’s already almost 8:30 already…so EAT!!!!” Dani said shoveling in her food.
“I haven’t been to a club in, like, forever,” I noted as I finished cleaning my plate. “I suppose I better get changed.”
“Hurry up,” Dani called as I headed back to my room. No wonder the girls were a bit dressed up. Dani’s shoulder length black hair was curled and tied back loosly. She was in a tight pick and black mini skirt with a matching low cut, skin tight shirt. Steph, the one I thought was the most attractive, had her long dark brown hair in a simple French braid. She had on a pair of snug blue jeans and a tight flowered tank top covered by a white tank top.
“Are you ladies ready?” I asked as I re-entered the room.
“Well, damn boy,” Dani smirked. I looked down at my baggy jeans, wife beater, and open button down shirt.
“What?” I asked her a bit confused.
“The hair looks good spiked. You should do it more often, not to mention the good taste in clothes,” she responded. I looked at her funny then glanced over to Steph who just smiled.
“Well, who’s driving?”
“I will,” Steph volunteered, “Dani will, definitely, be too drunk. I don’t drink, so it’s a safe bet.” Within minutes we were on the road and headed to this club. The girls were in the front and I sat in the back. They sang along to every song that came over the stereo and it was quite amusing until…
“O my gosh! I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!” Dani shouted and turned the stereo up more. The beginning notes to ‘Backstreet’s Back’ came drifting through the speakers. Talk about a damn flashback to years long past!
“Don’t mind her,” Steph yelled, “She just has the HUGEST crush on Nick Carter! That’s probably why she wanted to dye your hair blonde,” she said smiling at me from over her shoulder.
“You DO have a bit of a resemblance, you know,” Dani smiled before the girls went back to singing the song. I groaned as I rolled my eyes.