- Text Size +

Nick sat looking out the window, he was the first one in the van. He was red and pissed off. He watched as the two vans were filled. He leaned against the seat and closed his eyes.

He awoke in the lobby, he couldn’t believe what was happening.

“Ok would you stay still, if I do this wrong it’s going to be your fault” Heidi giggled as she knelt down inspecting his crotch, it had always made her nervous, but she didn’t let it get to her.

“Alright I’m sorry, it’s just weird to have you down there…during working hours.” he smiled wickedly.

“You did not just say that” she shushed him, hoping no one had heard , then she smacked his leg.

“Ouch it’s only the truth…so are we on for dinner tonight.”

Heidi sprung up and kissed him on the cheek “Yes…just don’t leave me hanging this time again.”

He leaned in to kiss her, when suddenly AJ sprung through the door, startling the twosome.

“Wow by the looks on both of your faces I would think ...your planning on taking over the world together or something.” AJ joked as Heidi went back to kneeling and Nick just brushed his hair back.

“Hey there! You ok man, you’ve been looking out that window for the past half hour?” Brian sat next to him, an arm placed on his shoulder “It’s gonna be alright!”

Nick turned to look at him, his eyes full of concern and somehow guilt “What if it’s not? What if…?” he closed his eyes, not wanting to say the words.

“Nick, you don’t think this is your fault do you? You cant do that to yourself man.” Brian waited for an answer from his best friend, but Nick’s silence gave him the clue to just walk away.

Heidi laid on the bed a sheet covering her body “So how long is this going to go on like this?” she sighed.

“Oh come on, it’s not that bad. I mean you know that…well it would be a bad…I can’t ok…no one would understand it.” Nick took a seat at the foot of the bed and placed a hand on her legs.

“I think it’s not fair…so what if I’m not Britney Spears or Paris…” she made a disgusted look “Thank god actually” she smiled, forgetting how serious her conversation was.

“Just hang in there please. I promise things will change soon ok!” he pulled her towards him and laid her on his lap. “Promise” he repeated, she smiled gracefully at him as their lips locked.

Nick shifted in his chair, he could never understand how a waiting room could have such butt hurting seats.

“Yo Nick do you want some coffee?” AJ asked, standing in front of him. “Well today not tomorrow?”

“Oh…no thanks I’m fine” Nick turned on his Ipod and a familiar song came on. He placed the big ear phones on and turned up the volume.

Heidi tripped over herself, Nick trying to help her walk. He had blind folded her and they were headed to a surprise he had planned.

“Nick your not the best guide. I already tripped three times.” she giggled nervously.

He suddenly came to a halt, the waves of the ocean crashing together could be heard. “Alright…we are here anyways” he muttered playfully.

Slowly he removed the blind fold from her eyes, and her jaw dropped. There was a candle lit dinner on the beachfront. She turned around her eyes teary “It’s beautiful” she kissed him softly as they made their way to the table.

They sat and had dinner along with champagne. Then walked along the beach, hand in hand. “Thanks for the wonderful night.” she smiled.

“It was nothing…really. I like being with you Heidi. I just feel bad that it can’t be…well…” they stared at each other for a second.

“Official” she mumbled a little disappointed. “I don’t understand why? Look at George Clooney his girlfriend was a waitress…”

Nick rolled his eyes, having this conversation was becoming redundant. “Heidi can’t you just be happy with the time I DO spend with you.”

“Oh right…I should be happy that you hide me all the time. That I get to screw you from time to time. Well no it’s not enough Nick Carter…“ her eyes went from wide and happy, to sad and teary “I need to go home.” she stormed back to the house.

In the car she turned on the radio ‘Listen to your heart’ played as they drove off in silence.

“Hey damn you want to wake up all the sick people” AJ blurted, shaking Nick out of his trance.

“Huh? What?” Nick looked up at him, as he removed one ear phone.

AJ looked at him puzzled and wanting to laugh loud “You…are…singing…loud! Now we should thank god you have a great voice…cause…anyways…why the hell are you listening to a chic song?”

Nick looked at the Ipod where it read the song “She put it in my Ipod!” he smiled dumbly.

AJ looked at him dumbfounded “Whatever man, your losing it! Just keep it down, Roxette!” AJ walked away laughing.

Nick sighed and stood up “I’m going outside to get some air” he walked down the narrow hall till he hit the automatic doors. He sighed heavily as the breeze of the night hit his face. “Fuck!” he muttered to himself.

He never smoked, but he decided he would start tonight. It gave him something to do as the hours that felt like days went by.

“I can not believe you…Nick” Heidi’s face was red like a tomato. “You think I’m stupid don’t you. I’m just a dumb wardrobe girl.”

He tried hugging her to calm her down, but that was in vain. “Heidi it’s just a rumor, I’m not going out with her, I just took her to the Award ceremony.”

“You rather take a fucking porn star, than take the girl that makes sure that your crotch fits in your pants before every concert. ASSHOLE!” she crossed her arms over her chest. “I am giving up!”

Nick held her chin in his hand and looked at her straight in the eyes “Look it was nothing I promise. Yeah she’s a porn star, but if it makes you feel better. She is going out with my brother.”

She made a disgusted look “Actually no, you guys share women. That is just nasty!” she took a seat on the sofa and covered her face with her hands “Nick I can’t do this anymore.”

He sighed heavily “Do what Heidi…don’t you think I’m the one that should be saying that?”

She looked at him, a little hurt “Oh right you’re the Backstreet boy that can do so much better. Well fine, go do better…just leave me alone…go get out!” she pushed him towards the door.

“I’m sorry, that was a stupid comment. It’s just that your pressuring me and I get frustrated. The new tour started and it’s stressing.“

“Did you forget I’m on that tour too. Look Nick, you might be ashamed of me…but I love you“ she quickly placed her hands over her mouth, wanting to take the last words back “I mean…sorry that…slipped out.”

Nick was baffled, unsure of what to respond to her. He laughed “Heidi…I…” he stumbled over the words.

She smiled embarrassedly “It‘s ok, I didn’t think you felt the same way. I think you should leave“ she held the door open, and slammed it as soon as he stepped out.

“Since when do you smoke Nick?” Howie stood next to him, hands in his pockets.

Nick puffed the cigarette and turned to look at Howie “Since tonight. Any news?”

“Nothing…I don’t understand what the hell happened.”

“The last time I talked to Heidi…I was a fucking asshole!” he swallowed the stubborn knot in his throat.

Howie looked at him a little confused “What are you talking about? She knows you care about her, you guys are good friends.”

“I just wish that I could….Never mind Howie. Lets go back inside.” ” Howie looked at him still trying to figure out what Nick was trying to say.