- Text Size +
Agent Focque sighed and yawned the following morning and was surprised to find herself... well, not in her own bed. She glanced at AJ and smiled, then crawled out of bed and slunk into the bathroom to take a shower. AJ was still asleep ten minutes later when his cell phone rang, quite loudly, from the pocket of his jeans, which were flung on the floor by the door. He groaned, "What the helllll..." Reluctantly, he rolled off the side of the bed and inched towards the jeans. "Jessssuuuuuuuuuuuusss..." he moaned, "I'm coming, shut the hell up." He grabbed his pants off the floor and pulled the cell phone out of the pocket, answering it without looking at the ID. "Hello?"

"AJ? Hi, it's Paris."

"Shoot me now," he whispered, slapping his own face with his hand and groaning.

Paris hesitated, "What?"

AJ plastered a fake smile on, like she could see him, "I said hi."

"Oh, hi," she paused, "So I haven't heard from Agents Focque or Bryant yet and I thought I'd see if you'd heard about me getting the okay to do the rejuvenation?"

"Renovation," AJ said, rolling his eyes, "And dude, no, it was just fricking yesterday that we were there..."

Paris, on her end of the line, shrugged. "Well I don't know.. I thought maybe they'd know. I just really.. I want to start the rendition, you know? I was really wanting to stay there for this one fashion show I have in France next month and..."

AJ sighed, "Ren. o. va. tion."

"Whatever."

"Look, Paris, I got no idea, okay?" AJ said, throwing himself back down on the bed, "I really don't, the best person to call would be Agent Bryant or Agent Focque." Just as he said her name, the bathroom door opened and Ivana emerged, wrapping simply in a plain white towel, still damp from the shower's steam. AJ nearly dropped the phone. Like she wasn't hot enough when she was totally dry, moist she was even better. If that were possible. AJ felt his knees go weak.

Paris let out a long, agitated sigh. "Do you know where I could get in touch with Agent Focque?"

"Uhhh..." AJ looked Focque over, wondering if it would be entirely horrible to just hand her the phone. Paris may be a bitch, but she was a bitch with ears, and right at the moment AJ just wanted to tell everyone with ears about his great fortune in having gotten to sleep with someone as sexy as this....creature...that stood before him. But he figured with his luck, telling Paris it would somehow end up getting around to Bryant and then he'd be in deep shit. "Try calling the headquarters," he said.

Ivana sat on the bed, leaning back just so, and the towel slipped over her knee so that her entire leg was bare, tight and perfect. AJ swallowed hard. "Who's that?" Ivana asked, her voice sultry.

"Do you got the headquarters’ number?"

AJ paused, "Well, PARIS," he emphasized her name for Agent Focque to hear, which made the agent scowl, and then AJ turned away. "No I don't have the number."

"Why are you saying my name funny?" Paris asked.

"I don't know. Look, that's all I got to tell you, okay? I'm hanging up," AJ told her briefly, "Bye." He closed his phone shut and turned back to Agent Focque, who had sat up and moved the leg from AJ's view. "I didn't think she was ever going to shut the hell up," AJ announced as he moved to the bed. He crawled toward Agent Focque and leaned towards her to kiss her, but Ivana blocked his mouth with her hand. "Hey, what's wrong?" AJ asked.

Ivana looked AJ in the eyes, "Do you like Paris?"

AJ laughed out loud, unable to contain himself, "Oh fuck no," he replied, "I hate that woman. She screwed Nick over royal a couple years ago. I didn't really like her much before that anyways." He winked, "I've always been team Nicole."

"The pregnant one?" Ivana asked, "With that gothic boy from that band?"

"Good Charlotte... Joel Madden... Yeah." He paused, "Or maybe it's Benji. I don't know."

Ivana looked at the window, "I can't believe I met you, AJ."

AJ smiled, "Well I can't believe I met you, either."

Ivana looked at AJ, "No I'm serious. You're a perfect guy, you've got an amazing sense of humor, you're so gentle... you're great in bed..."

AJ grinned, "Well..."

"I'm just so glad that you're... well... mine."

AJ hesitated, "Yours?" he laughed, "Yeah."

"What?" Ivana asked, smiling, "Don't you want to be together?"

Well, AJ thought, what I really wanted was sex and I got that so I'm good. But of course he wasn't about to say that out loud. "I think you're great," he told her, "But I don't know how long I'll be in France to keep it all going."

"I'll move to Los Angeles," she suggested, "Get a job with the office there..." she smiled at AJ meaningfully.

AJ felt all weird and pressured and he crawled back off the bed, and began getting dressed, trying to relieve the tension of the awkward moment. Ivana didn't move, just sat there as though she were leaning close to an invisible person. AJ buttoned his jeans and pulled up the fly. Ivana sat back and looked at him expectantly. "I should probably go see if Nick's still stuck in the janitor's closet."

"What?" she asked.

"I locked Nick in the janitor's closet last night," he explained. "I didn't.... well I mean." He paused, "I didn't think it'd be all night, that's all."

"Right," Ivana said, "You thought we were going to watch a movie."

AJ shrugged, "Well, I didn't think we'd fall asleep."

"So you expected the sex."

AJ felt his face flush a little bit. "No.." he lied, "I just didn't think we'd fall asleep." With that, he kicked on his pair of Converse sneakers, "I'm sure Agent Bryant is on his way to headquarters, too. So maybe you want to head over there, then I can get Nick out of the closet there and we can get ready and we'll be over HQ within a few minutes..."

Ivana nodded, "Right... It's all about the business." She stood up and slid her feet into her pumps and grabbed her dress off the chair where AJ had carelessly thrown it the night before. "I'm not going to HQ tonight, though, I've got a flight to catch."

"Flight?" AJ asked, "Where are you going?"

"I've got a second case I've got to investigate the crime scene for," she replied. "I'll be back tomorrow."

AJ raised his eyebrow, "Okay."

"So I won't see you until then," Ivana said, looking at him expectantly again.

"Okay," AJ replied, wishing she'd just leave and cursing himself for not having taken Bryant's advice about keeping everything business oriented. "So I'll see you when you get back, then."

Ivana walked over and kissed AJ passionately, running her fingers up into his hair - well, what hair he had - and then down his back. "Don't you go forgetting about me," she commanded, "I'll be back." With that, she walked towards the door. AJ couldn't help but watch. She had a great swing on her little ass. He sighed and grabbed his shirt from the edge of the bed, pulling it on, glad that he'd avoided, somewhat successfully, the whole awkward situation that had almost been at hand there. He gave it a few minutes, just long enough that Ivana wouldn't be in the hallway anymore, and walked out to the janitor's closet.

-----

"Thirty-four thousand, two hundred, thirteen bottles of beer on the wall, thirty-four thousand, two hundred, thirteen bottles of beer... you take one down, pass it around, thirty-four thousand, two hundred, twelve bottles of beer on the wall..."

Nick sighed, even getting irritated with himself. He'd been laying on his back for the last ten hours. He'd started out okay, but the whole experience had become increasingly boring. He'd eaten all his snacks and drinks first, then poked around the closet and found absolutely nothing to do. Finally he'd resorted to the infamous One Million Bottles of Beer on the Wall song, while staring up at the light bulb that dangled from the ceiling.

When the door opened, AJ stood awkwardly in the frame, looking down at him with a sorrowful expression on his face. "Hey, Nick..." he said slowly.

Nick rolled over onto his side, giving AJ his back. "You better have at least gotten laid," Nick said coldly, "Because I just spent the night -- the WHOLE NIGHT -- on a cement floor in a janitor's closet for your little date."

"Well..." AJ said, "I might've."

Nick rolled back over to look at AJ. He studied him a moment, then slowly sat up. "Well... was she hot?"

AJ nodded, "Very."

Nick paused a long moment, then, with a sigh, said, "Then I guesssss I forgive you. But only because she was hot. If she wasn't hot I'd have to kick your ass."

"I'd like to see you try," AJ responded as Nick struggled up to his feet.

Nick shook his head, "No ya wouldn't, dawg... trust me."

"I could so kick your ass..."

"Nope, sorry," Nick answered as the two of them turned to step out the door, "But... you can't even reach my ass."

"Well... you wouldn't kick my ass, that's for damn sure," AJ said.

Nick thought a moment. "No.. no AJ, you're right... Kicking your ass would require you having an ass..."

"Well, hey, hey now. That just ain't very nice," AJ said as the door slammed shut behind them.