- Text Size +
When the plane landed in France, Nick was exhausted. He'd tried to fall asleep during the flight, but it just hadn't happened. Every time he'd tried to, AJ had gotten up for something. First, it was to get his iPod out of the carry on bag -- then a book. Then it was to go to the bathroom. Then God only knows what reason he had, but he had to get up for something. Then there were three seperate questions for Agent Bryant, then a new magazine, and even two return trips to the porceline gods. Nick had finally given up and just reopened his National Geographic and started reading about ancheint Inca civilizations and their sun god temples.

In reality AJ was up and down trying to observe Ivana better. He'd finally realized he couldn't see her very well over the drooling fat guy and had decided that if he had reasons to walk past the two agents that they wouldn't suspect he was actually just checking one of them out every chance he got. He wanted to learn more about her - things that were more substantial than the fact that she was really attractive. So far, he'd learned that she owned an iPod, and that she didn't like peanuts.

As the four of them trooped through the Paris airport to the doors leading to the parking lot, Nick was like a zombie. He meandered along behind the rest of them in a sleepwalk, blinking tiredly. Ivana led them to an unmarked mini-van, reminiscent f the VW hippie buses. Bryant furrowed his brow, "No agency vehicles?" he asked.

Nick rubbed his blood shot eyes, "I don't give a crap what kinda car it is, can I sleep while we drive?"

Bryant replied, "No you can't sleep while we drive, I've got to give you---" he paused to yawn midsentence, "---a debriefing while we drive."

Ivana smiled, "We can debrief the boys when we get to the HQ," she suggested, "Let the poor thing sleep, he's ready to fall over." She opened the back door of the van for Nick, who promptly climbed in. She turned ot look at Agent Bryant. "Why don't you sleep too? I don't think Mr. McLean here would mind riding shot gun for awhile..."

AJ gulped.

Bryant was hesitant. "Well..."

"Everything will be fine," Ivana smiled, reassuring him.

Bryant watched as Nick curled up in the corner of the van and promptly fell asleep. He did make the offer look VERY appearling. Bryant sighed. "Okay," he agreed. He gave AJ The Look as a warning, then joined Nick in the backseat.

AJ hopped into the passenger seat and watched as Ivana walked around to the driver's side door. She sashayed in a way that AJ always had thought made asses look amazing: Ivana's was no exception. He drew in a deep breath and had to tell himself to be good. Agent Bryant was still very much awake in the backseat, he reminded himself. Ivana crawled into the driver's seat and smiled as she buckled her seat belt. "Are you ready to ride?" she asked AJ in a sultury tone.

The words, coming form any other woman, were ordinary, but coming from Ivana... well.. AJ thought she was a sex goddess already. He coughed, mental images of scant lingerie printed with the FBI logo on her ass, and himself handcuffed to a bed running through his perverted little head. He swallowed. "Yes. Yes, I'm ready to ride." His voice sounded squeaky.

Ivana turned ont he van and backed out of the space while AJ turned, trying to focus on landmarks and scenery -- things that he'd seen a hundred times on tour but had never really NOTICED. But his mind was occupied so that even now he wasn't going to see or notice any of those things simply because Ivana Focque was RIGHT THERE. He wondered how she smelled, how she tasted, if she was any different simply because she wasn't one of the American girls he was used to being with. He wondered if she was... you know... GOOD. She looked limber enough, he thought, and weren't female law enforcers all into like gymnastics and stuff? Or maybe it was the Girl Scouts. He wasn't sure it even mattered.

"So... do you like Paris?" she asked after a long silence.

"I like the French women," AJ responded automatically, the way he always did when people asked him those sorts of questions in interviews. It was a pattened answer to a delicate question, one he could use even in countries he didn't like: after all, women were women, and AJ didn't care where they lived, just that they had two legs, and breasts. But this he'd said to Ivana. He felt his face redden.

Ivana laughed, "I am French," she told him, "Do you like me?"

AJ glanced at Bryant, who was asleep, and fleetingly wondered if Ivana was TRYING to get him in trouble with the agent. "Yes, very much," AJ answered after a brief pause, "Do you like American men?" he turned the table on her.

She smirked, "Very, very much. Particularly ones who look like...." she looked him over as they paused at the enterance to a rotary. "...you."

AJ paused, deciding to take it to the next level. "Maybe... we should... do dinner sometime," he suggested in a tone he hoped came out as casual. "You know -- just you and I."

Ivana smiled, "Sounds splendid," she replied.

AJ grinned. 'Screw you Agent Bryant,' he thought rebelliously, 'I can fall in love with whoever the hell I want to.' "You'll have to show me around France, too," he told her, "Immerse me in the French culture."

"But of course," Ivana agreed. "And you know, AJ," she said in a sexy, low voice, "It doesn't have to be just business for us."

Suddenly Nick's head popped up between their seats, interrupting AJ's moment while his heart was still slamming against it's chamber walls erratically. Nick looked at Ivana, then at AJ. "Hi," he said, smiling, "What'cha guys doing?"

AJ, pissed that Nick was salting his game, snapped, "What the hell does it look like we're doing, Nick?" he rolled his eyes and turned in his seat, giving Nick his shoulder to talk to.

Nick pouted. "Are we almost there?" he asked, switching his attention solely onto Ivana. "I kinda need the bathroom."

"Why the hell didn't you go at the airport?" AJ asked, his voice harsh.

Nick frowned, "I was too tired then!! I have to wake up before I have to pee!"

"Go back to sleep, dumbass," AJ hissed.

Ivana raised an eyebrow, "Aw, don't be so hard on the poor lil guy."

"Yeah AJ," Nick grinned, pleased the sexy FBI agent was on his side, "Don't be so hard on me." He stuck his tongue out at AJ and rested his head on Ivana's shoulder. AJ fumed and turned away, irritated.

"And Nick, to answer your question," Ivana said, "We are almost there."