- Text Size +
"I don't want you to leave!" Addy screamed desperately, pulling on my shirt, with tears streaming down her face.

Oh my God, I hated to see her like this. I hated this. She was literally pulling my shirt off, and everytime I pryed her little fingers off they seemed to reattach. I was trying to calm her down... I set my bags down on the ground and embraced her in a tight hug.

The shoulder of my shirt was soaked with tears. Looking at her face made me want to cry... I didn't wanna leave her. But I had no choice.

"Shh... shh...," I held her in my arms, "You know I'll be back. And you know I call you everyday, sweetiepie."

"No!!" she screamed desperately and began to choke on her own tears.

"Honey, your daddy has to go now...," Dana said as she touched Addy's shoulder, trying to get her to budge.

She was hanging on tight, almost choking me to death.

"Honey, I have to go...," I kissed her cheek one last time, "Grandma's gonna come visit you too."

I noticed the driver who was waiting for me kept glancing down at his watch. He was obviously in a hurry, and I hoped I would catch my plane on time.

I began to let go and she cried, "Nooo!"

Dana had to hold her back as she screamed and cried. I looked at Dana and gave a reassuring smile and then saw Addy's tears pouring down and told her, "I love you."

"Don't leave!"

And I had to do it... I had to hop into the back of the car, close the door, and drive away with my daughter furiously screaming for me. This was not fun.

I was supposed to be gone for a week, seven days without Adelynn. I almost couldn't imagine it... since the past six months we've been together so much. We were going to begin work on our new album, and I had to be there.

Oh, God... what was I going to do when I had to leave for tour again? Sure, she would be there for probably half the tour, but the road is not the place for a little girl. There's so much traveling in this job, you never stay in the same place for more than a few days.

"Doesn't want you to leave, huh?"

I jumped out of my thoughts and looked up at the driver, "I'm sorry, what'd you say?"

"I said she doesn't wanna leave you, huh?"

I slightly chuckled, "Yeah, it's hard. I've really been at home for the past six months with her so me leaving town for a week is a big deal. I'm gonna miss her, though."

"She a Daddy's little girl or something?" he laughed, keeping his fix on the road, "Where's her mother?"

I was almost shocked by his question. Since most people had already heard the story and just didn't ask, or people wouldn't ask to be nice.

"I'm sorry, that came out rude," he replied, "I don't want to pry."

"No, no, your okay... just surprised me. Most people have already heard the whole story, you know?"

"I understand," he nodded.

"She passed away."

"I'm sorry to hear that," he responded.

"No, don't be. I never really knew her mother... it was a one night thing. She tried to kidnap her and everything when she was still a baby. Messed up story... but she's gone now."

"Oh, wow."

Then there was an uncomfortable silence. Like he didn't know what else to say or ask.

"I have a daughter," he finally broke the silence.

"Oh yeah?" I asked.

"Yeah. Alot bigger than yours, though. She's 15 now. Hellmaker... let me tell you."

I laughed a little bit, but it was an uneasy laugh. How could he sit here and call his daughter a hellmaker?

"How so?"

"Oh, lots of things. When me and her mother got divorced she kinda went crazy. Not literally... just turned into a brat. Sneaking boys in the house, always getting trouble in school. We're trying to make her see what she's doing. I don't get to see her much anymore, I really miss her," he sighed and I kinda felt bad for him.

Damn. I had forgotten about all the stories I'd heard about girls being so much trouble and all. I really hope Addy wouldn't turn out like that. End up hating me or something... I don't know what I'd do with myself.

I saw we had pulled up to the airport, "Thanks for the ride."

I then handed him a tip and got out of the car, greeted by a couple of fans who I signed some autographs for.

I noticed the driver hadn't left yet and he just looked over at me and got ready to get in his car when I saw him wave me over. I walked back over to the car quickly and he just shook my hand, "By the way, I just realized who you were and... and.... it would be cool if you give me an autograph for my daughter. Maybe it might make her, you know, not hate me."

I smiled at the man for a moment before saying, "Sure, man. No problem. No problem at all."

"Thanks alot."

I signed a piece of paper he had handed me and gave it back to him.

"Can you tell her that I think her dad's a pretty cool guy?"

He chuckled slightly, "Like she'll believe that."

"Well, I better catch my plane. It was nice meeting you, and I wish your daughter best."

I walked off and tried to hurridly catch my plane.