- Text Size +
"Your WHAT?" I looked at this woman in the eyes that I barely knew as she told me something I didn't want to hear. "When... when?" was all I could spit out.

Her hands wouldn't sit still, and she kept playing with the variety of rings and jewelry on her fingers.

"The due date, you mean?" she asked.

I just gulped and nodded.

"September 4th."

This was unbelievable. It happened too quick, how could this have happened? A one night stand. How did she even find me? We must've traded phone numbers and I had just forgotten.

"What... what are you gonna do?"

"I can't do this," she began to cry. "I can't be a mom. I'm having an abortion."

I felt bad. I mean, sure, I had only met her once. But she was amazing that one night and to see her in this state of mind, and carrying my child, was scary.

"An abortion?" I asked.

"You know where they..."

"I KNOW what an abortion is. We can't... you know, do that. It's like murder."

"This isn't YOUR body, Mr. AJ McLean!" she shouted and I was taken back.

So I did what almost any man would do in that situation. I walked away from the situation. I walked out of the room at that very moment and just left.


I opened my eyes up. I hated myself for that. I hated myself for not being there through most of the pregnany, and I hated myself for just...a lot of things. Stuff could've been different.

I went and saw her four times while she was pregant. Four times. First, I thought she was getting an abortion... I mean, that had been her plan. But when I found out she was three months pregnant still and hadn't got an abortion, I went to see her right away. I spent the night over her house for two nights in a row.

Those nights were when I found out all I needed to know about Claire. She was ignorant, loud and had a smartmouth and she was just plain weird. I couldn't believe she was the girl I ended up getting pregnant.

Those two nights, though, I mainly found myself constantly rubbing her stomach or listening to it while she was sleeping.

There was never a relationship between me and Claire. I was doing it because I felt like I had to. I felt like if I had knocked somebody up, the least I could do was be there.

"Aje?"

...I thought that the more time...

"Aje?"

"What?" I snapped at whoever was interuppting my thoughts.

Kevin walked over and placed a cellphone on the table in front of me, "Your cell was ringing. Addy wants to talk to you."

"Oh," I replied, "Sorry."

I then placed the phone up to my ear.

"Is he there yet? Dana... why can't I hear anything? It don't work!"

I chuckled, "Addy!"

"DADDY!" she had finally heard my voice.

"Why are you doing, baby?" I asked her in a low, soft-spoken voice.

"Getting ready for my bath. What time is it there, huh?! Is it different than ours?!" she asked, excitedly.

I laughed, "It's about 6 o'clock here."

"Oooh it still dinner time 'dere, huh?"

"Yes it is," I chuckled.

"I want you back home!"

"Soon, baby. I promise you, okay?"

"Okay."

I saw Brian peek his head into my room and whisper, "Bone... they need us in the studio now."

I nodded and held up pointer finger and mouthed, "1 minute."

"Hey, sweetie. Daddy will see you very soon, I promise. You keep being a good girl for Dana, and I have to go, okay?"

'Aww, no."

"I love you," I told her, "Sleep tight."

"Don't let the bed bugs bite," she finished for me and she giggled, "Bye!"

"Hey Dana, I'm finished with..." Click.

I shook my head and chuckled. I love that little girl...

Oh, man... Amanda...