- Text Size +
"Amanda, I'm sorry I haven't called you...,"

All I heard was a sigh, "It's okay."

"And I'm sor-"

"Don't be sorry," she interuppted me, "I hear that word from you too much. Your always sorry. Look, I think... I think me and you should take a break, like you've always wanted. Okay? Just a break... not a break-up."

I was shocked. She didn't wanna be with me anymore? Had I really done that much wrong?

"Take... a break?"

"Yeah."

"What did I do?"

"Just... do one thing for me. Worry about yourself, okay? Not me. Yourself and your daughter. You don't need me in your life, I'm just a bother. I love you."

She hung up. She hung up... how could she just hang up? Leaving me with nothing. This was by far the most confusing relationship I'd ever been in. One day we wanted to work things out and now she's breaking up with me.

Maybe it would be better.

I groaned and crawled into bed. I was exhausted... we had been working all day. Now this. I can't deal with this. I can't handle not having a girlfriend in my life, and I hate that. I should be fine with this, it could be a good thing, right?

It's not like we had anything really "special." But I think I did love her. I also think I'd work this out when I get back in town... or atleast wait 'till morning. I sighed and my eyes began to close, but I blinked quickly and re-opened them. This ceiling was really dirty... there was alot of spots on it. I began counting and faded out for about fifteen minutes.

My phone... my damn phone was ringing again.

I groaned and stretched my arm over to the endtable, then finally reached the vibrating cellphone.

"Hello?" I answered in a grougy voice, not even looking at the caller id.

"Daddy?" I heard a whisper through the reciever.

I immediately sat up in my bed and reached over to flick the light on. My hand ran through my hair, to attempt to wake myself up.

"What's wrong, baby?"


"I had a really bad nightmare 'gain."

She was crying, oh man. I hated when she cryed over the phone because I wasn't there to comfort her or give her a hug.

I'm glad she had remembered what I had told her about the speed-dial number on the home phone to call me.

"Are- are you okay? Where are you?"

"Upstairs in your room."

"Where's Dana, honey?" I wondered.

"In her room. Daddy, I don't wanna go in there. I want you!" she cried.

"Sweetie, if you get scared just go into Dana's room. Everything's fine okay? Do you want me to be there in the morning?"

"Yes."

I sighed, "I'll be there but you have to go to sleep quick or else I won't come."

"Okay."

"Goodnight, and go to sleep."

"'Kay."

"Love you."

"Wuv you, too."

I hung up the phone and sighed. Why? I give in so easily. But I feel bad and I want to be there for her... she misses me. And I miss her.

I called immediately and booked a flight out for 3am. It was now 10pm. I didn't even bother packing a bag or anything, I would just go out there and pick her up.

I had decided to just bring her with me for the rest of the week. We had three days left here and then we were heading back home for a little while, then starting it up again. From now on... I just need to bring her with me.

I called up Kevin's cellphone and it went straight into voicemail, "Hey, man. I know you and Kristin are probably gettin' jiggy with it trying to produce a little Richardson or something but I'm taking a flight back home at 3am and getting Addy and coming back. She's upset and.. yeah. Call me."

I hung up the phone, satisfied with my message. I couldn't help but laugh at myself... my messages were sometimes a little wacko. Especially when I'm this tired and I'm getting ready to be on a plane. I hate planes and flying all together.

My anxiety was definitely getting the best of me. So I searched through my bag looking for the bottle of my pills. My anxiety medicine. It really did calm me down, surprisingly. I hated how when you used to be a drug addict and an alcoholic, you end taking more drugs, really. All the shit the doctor gives you that your supposed to take for the rest of your life. Of course, it's a prescription drug.

I poured a glass of water and swallowed the pill quickly.

I picked up my little bookbag to bring with me on the plane and began heading out the door.