- Text Size +
"Hey girly," Brian reached down and gave Addy a high-five.

She just grinned shly and then Nick rubbed the top of her head, "What's up, Addy?"

I made a shocked look on my face, "You! You messed up her hair!"

I laughed and Nick just smiled, "Nah, she's not one of those girly-girls."

"Oh, believe me. She's converting into one."

"Oh no!" Nick laughed and Addy just ignored us all.

"Alright, you gotta promise us all that you'll be a good girl in the studio, right? You'll be quiet and won't interupt?" I looked at her.

She nodded, "Uh-huh."

"Good girl," I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

She skipped to the other side of the room to bug Kevin, who was sitting at a table working on his song. And I knew he didn't want to be distracted because he kept furiously tapping his pencil and chewing on the ends of it, as if he couldn't think of a word or something.

So I let her keep walking. I think it's, personally, funny when Kevin gets irritated. I laughed to myself.

Addy poked his stomach.

"Huh?" he asked, not even looking up from the paper.

"Whatcha doin'?" she asked, trying to peek up at his paper.

"Nothing, sweetheart," he continued his thinking process.

"Uncle Kev, why you keep making a mean face?"

"I'm working," he finally looked down at her and then up at me, "AJ... a little help here?"

He scratched the back of his head and bit on the end of the pencil again.

"Why you not look at me?" Addy asked, with eyes full of questions as to what Kevin was doing.

"Please GO!" he shouted out of nowhere, pointing towards the other direction.

I was shocked. He had never yelled at her like that before... I saw the tears coming in her eyes.

"You fucking bastard, you made her cry!" I shouted to him and walked over to pick Adelynn up and comfort her. She layed her head down on me and tried to hold back the tears, but they wouldn't stop.

He finally broke away concentration from the song, "I'm... I'm sorry."

"Is that all you can fucking say?" I asked, "You don't scream at MY daughter and get away with it, Kevin!"

All the other guys faces were directed towards me. Nobody knew what to say. Brian came over and held his arms out, "Let me hold her, Aje. You can't be screaming in front of her like that."

I handed Addy to Brian and just took a deep breath and tried to keep my cool. I stared directly into Kevin's eyes, "Don't ever speak to her like that again."

I barged out of the room, leaving them all to think what they wanted. I knew Kevin got in his moods, but he cannot take it out on Addy. No fucking way am I gonna let him.

I saw Howie come running after me, "AJ! Aje, man... he's sorry. Come back in the studio, please."

"I don't wanna see him right now." I continued walking.

"Please. AJ, come on."

I sighed and slowed down my pace, turning towards Howie, "He fucking made her cry."

"And he's sorry. He didn't mean to," Howie gave me a reassuring smile, "Won't happen again."

"Alright, but I'm still not talking to him."

Howie just started laughing. I gave him a look, "What the hell are you laughing at?"

"You."

"What'd I do?"

"Your such a baby," he kept laughing and started walking back towards the studio.

"Whaatt? Whyy?" I threw my hands up in the air in dispute and chased after him, "Whhyy, Howie?"