- Text Size +
"Thanks for taking her, Mom," I set Addy's bag of stuff down on the floor and watched her run off into the living room to play with my mom's dogs.

"It's no problem, Alex. I miss my grandbaby... you've kept her away from me for too long," she playfully slapped my arm and gave me a kiss on the cheek, "Have a fun time."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, because the dates that Nick sets me up on are always so fun."

"Oh, you'll have fun, and you know it. You look extra nice tonight," she smoothed out the front of my shirt, "Next time you need to stay with Addy at my house. You know, I miss my son, too."

I smiled, "I know, Mom."

"Addddyyy??" I called out, wondering where she could've wandered off to already, "I'm leaving!"

I heard her running from somewhere and suddenly she appeared in front of me. I smiled and bent down to kiss her cheek, "I love you, baby. I'll see you in the morning, okay?"

"Okay, Daddy," she smiled and gave me a big hug before running off again.

My mom just shook her head and laughed.

"Maybe my momma could make some of her famous bacon and eggs in the morning," I grinned.

"You mean famously bad?" she rolled her eyes.

"Nooo... your cooking's great," I said, sarcastically. I loved getting on her about her cooking.

"I think take out would be better," she replied, "Now go... before your late."

"I'm goin', I'm goin'," I acted offended that she was shooing me off.


By the time I pulled up to the restaurant, I noticed I was right on time. I hope she wasn't one of those girls who always had to be somewhere an hour ahead of time or something. I had no idea who Nick had decided to set me up with... I hoped it wasn't a joke or something.

I walked up to hostess, "Reservations for McLean, please."

I saw her punch some buttons in her computer and grab two menus, "Follow me."

Holy shit... she has a nice ass.

Ok, bad. Don't look at the hostess on the way to a date.

She seated me at the empty table, and I was thankful I was the first one out of us here. I dressed real nice tonight, and wore my best jewerly and did my hair, that I still have left, pretty nice.

I was completely shocked when I saw who was walking in. There was NO way. No way in hell. When I saw the waitress bringing her directly to my table, I knew it must really be her.

I stood up out of my seat to greet her, "Stephanie?"

"AJ?" she greeted me with a big hug, "Oh my God, it's been so long!"

"Your telling me. Damn, girl... what were we? Like 15?"

She chuckled, "Something like that. So who excatly set this all up? My friend Chrissy set me up, but how'd they make this happen?"

I was in shock. She was my first love, man. Back when I was around 14 and 15 years old. I loved this chick.

"Well, Nick... Nick's the one that set me up. I guess Nick and Chrissy know each other?"

She shrugged, "Who cares. I can't believe I'm seeing you right now!"

"I know, this is insane," I finally realized we were still standing, "Let's have a seat." I pulled out a chair for her, and she sat down.

I was silently thanking myself for spending so much time trying to make myself look good. I wanted to make a good impression... I mean I hadn't seen her since I was like 18. And I hadn't actually hung out since we were around 15 years old.

"So what's new?" she asked.

"Well, Backstreet's still goin' strong..."

"I heard all about everything. I'm really proud of you, AJ... for the rehab thing all those years ago. I mean, I haven't talked to you since and I've been wanting to tell you so much."

"Me, too. There's so much to tell you. Did you even know that I have a daughter?"

She had a shocked look on her face, "Whaat? Since when? Alexander, we have alot of catching up to do."