- Text Size +
"Are you all packed?" I peeked my head into Adelynn's room.

"Yup!" she replied, pointing to the full suitcase on her floor.

"You have all your favorite toys?" I asked her.

"Yup!" she told me again.

We were going to leave for a while. My mom had tried to convince me to just stay with her, but I wanted to just get out of state and take a break from California. So I called Brian up, and asked if me and Addy could stay in Atlanta with him for a little while.

"Are we gonna see Baylee?" she asked, excitedly.

"Your gonna see Baylee alot, sweetie. Don't annoy him too much."

"Yay!"

I just shook my head and laughed. I hoped Brian really didn't mind, I didn't want to be in his way or anything. Since we hadn't been working alot lately, and the past few months we've been off, we always began to miss each other. Brian was the only one who went back to his regular home, the other guys all stayed in Los Angeles.

"All right, you all ready?"

"Ready!" she told me and grinned.

________

As we walked up Brian's driveway to his house, it was freezing. I was so used to California weather, and here in Atlanta I could see my breath in the cold air. Brian said there was a chance of snow. Which would be cool because Addy had only seen snow once her life. I, myself, wasn't really a 'snow' guy but it would be pretty fun.

I figured I'd come here and try to get my mind off of... everything. Sometimes hanging out with Brian and his wife and kid made me feel better. Sometimes it would just make me jealous, though. Because I wanted that. That's all I wanted for Addy was to have a family.

"Hey! Uncle AJ!" Baylee came running out and greeted me with a big hug.

I smiled, "Hey Baylee, what's up, boy?"

"Nuttin'," he grinned.

Addy had already run halfway inside the house and was giving her hugs and kisses to Leighanne and Brian.

"How are you, man?" Brian asked me.

I shrugged, "I'm doing alright."

Leighanne leaned over and gave me a quick hug, "Your welcome to stay here as long as you need to."

"Thanks, Leigh. I appreciate it."

Brian helped grab some of our bags out of our hands and set them down in the foyer.

"I thought we'd take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese or something for lunch..." Brian told me.

"That's cool, Addy will love that."

"YAY, Chuck E. Cheese, let's go now!"

I laughed, "You are so freakin' nosy, girl, you listen to everything."

I bent down and pulled Addy over, and rested her on my leg. "We'll go to Chuck E. Cheese, okay? But first you need to tell Brian something. Come here."

I pulled her face closer to mine and whispered in her ear. She walked over to Brian and said, "Thank you for letting us stay here, and you and Leighanne shouldn't be too loud in the middle of the night because I'm a few rooms over."

Leighanne's cheeks turned flush and AJ just started cracking up, "That's my girl."

"Adelynn, Baylee will show you where your room is gonna be, okay?" Leighanne told her.

Baylee ran up the stairs, and Addy followed close behind.

"How are you really doing, Aje?" Brian looked at me in the eye.

I just sighed and waited a few moments before I answered, "Shitty."

"I'm sorry, AJ," Leighanne rubbed my back.

"I just don't understand...," I told them, "I was gonna help her. I have so many questions for her... who did it? Why didn't she let me help her and why was she acting so fucking weird when she told me to leave? I could've had a future with this girl, Rok. You met her. She was an amazing woman."

"Maybe she'll come back?" Brian offered a half-hearted smile and shrugged.

I just shook my head, "I dunno. And I don't know if I'd let her back in, to be honest."

"I understand," Brian nodded in agreement.

Adelynn started running back down the stairs.

"She's the only reason why I'm atleast sort of okay," I nodded my head towards Addy.

"Kids are amazing like that, huh?" Leighanne butted in.

"They really are," I stared at Adelynn for a moment, until she came running down into my arms.

She was extremely hyper today. You'd think flying on a plane would tire someone out, but not her. She was bouncing off the walls.

"Are we leaving yet?!" she asked excitedly.

"Yes, baby, we're leaving," I had to just shake my head and laugh.