- Text Size +
I was so freakin' bored and restless. We hadn't really been doing much group-wise, except going to the studio and recording a bunch of songs. I was just always stuck home with Addy, which I was glad for the downtime and being able to spend more time with my daughter, but sometimes I just couldn't stay in the same place for more than a week.

It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon. And I haven't even showered yet. I hadn't brought Addy to daycare in the longest time. I just figured I might as well keep her home with me, while I was home.

"Daddddyyyyy!" I heard her screaming from upstairs. At first it sounded like a 'I want something' scream, but it quickly turned into a painful scream.

I jumped up from my spot on the couch, and began to ran up the stairs. The screaming didn't stop. I was getting a little nervous now.

"Addy?! What's wrong?!" I ran into her room, and she just looked at me, I saw tears drenched on her face. Before she could even answer me, I saw what was wrong. Blood was all over the carpet, and I was wondering where it was coming from.

"OW!" she screamed in pain, holding onto her knee.

Daisy was licking her face, trying to comfort her, but I had shoo her away. "Get!" I pointed to the door and the dog ran out.

I bent down next to Addy and saw it was coming from her knee. Oh, shit, it looked pretty bad. Before even thinking, I quickly took my shirt off and wrapped it around her knee.

"Are you okay?"

Okay, dumb question.

"I got ya, baby," I picked her up and quickly brought her down the stairs.

I set her on the counter... I had to see how bad this was. I began to unwrap the t-shirt and she screamed in pain, "OW!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I quickly spat out.

It looked really deep, actually. She might need stiches. "Wrap your arms around me, baby..." she put her arms around my neck and I tried to make sure her legs were elevated.

"I'm going to bring you to the doctor's, sweetie..."

I knew this wasn't going to go well. She hated the doctors.

"No!" she began to scream even louder.

I sighed, and I had to try to get her into the car.


By the time we got to the hospital, there was a damn wait. Just a bunch of kids coughing and shit, I think this was a little more important.

"Excuse me," I went up the lady behind the counter, "My daughter has a really deep wound, she needs stiches now."

"Ok, sir, I'll get you a doctor as soon as possible," she didn't even look me in the eye and continued typing on her computer.

Addy was still screaming in my arms, and my t-shirt was still wrapped around her knee. I rolled my eyes, "Lady, would you look at her?!"

I guess she had thought I was lying, because when she saw all the blood all over the t-shirt, she nearly flipped out.

"Oh sir, I'll be right back!" she ran back into the hallway and came back about 3 minutes later with a doctor.

"Follow me, sir," he picked up his pace a little and guided me into a room.

I layed Addy down on the table. My arms felt like they were about to fall off from holding her so long.

"Close your eyes, sweetheart," the doctor told her, "The pain will start to go away. This happens to alot of little girls and boys."

I watched him look at the wound in her knee for a moment, and he was all ready to get to stiching.

"Your just gonna do it... right here? Are you gonna put her to sleep?"

"Nope," he replied casually, "Mr. McLean, you'll be surprised to know this happens alot. She needs, 4, maybe 5, stiches and she'll be done. Hold her hand for me."

I was going to do that anyway. Fuckin' doctor.

I held her hand tightly, and tears still were dripping from her cheeks. I felt so bad for her, because I really couldn't do anything for her. It took about five minutes, and she had calmed down a little bit. Maybe she had gotten used to the pain.

Oh, fucking gross. I couldn't watch that. He was just stiching her up like a freakin' doll or something.

"All done," the doctor replied.

"Really?" I asked, shocked it was done so quick.

"Yep. You can see me again in four weeks to take them out."

I shook his hand, "Thank you, doc."

"No problem, sir."

I picked up Adelynn, and brushed a few strands of hair away from her face. This girl gives me so many scares.