- Text Size +
"I'm going with you?!" she exclaimed.

I smiled at her, "Yep. Your coming with your Daddy this time."

She started jumping up and down all around the living room.

"Woah," I grabbed her and pulled her in closer to me, "Relax, little one."

She just laughed, and tried to catch her breath.

"We have to go to the doctor's soon...," I almost winced telling her, because I was afraid to hear what she had to say. "To get your stiches out."

"Yes!" she shouted, and took me completely by surprise. She hated the doctors.

"Your happy?"

"I don't like these stiches, Daddy! They're 'noying."

I smiled at her, "Alright, well go upstairs and get ready. I'll be up to help you in a minute."

She rushed up the stairs.

I had just decided to bring her with me. It shouldn't be a big deal. I mean, she'd definitely be a tired little girl. We had to go to four different states.

Shit, I shouldn't be doing this to her. She shouldn't have to be dragged along on my job. This was my responsibility, and I couldn't find a sitter to her. I needed to stop depending on my mom to always be there, because she always wasn't.

I always forget how much press and shit we actually do. And I was thinking about this way too late, we were leaving tomorrow.

But, on the other hand, I liked to bring her. If I didn't, she would be upset and call me up crying on the phone every day. It was sometimes a little easier to have her with me.

"Daddy! I need socks!"

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, and went searching for some socks.



"You did awesome, baby," I told her, as we walked out of the doctor's office.

"Look!" she pulled her pant leg up, and showed me her knee, "They're all gone!"

I smiled, "Yes, they are."

"I wanna see Grandma, Daddy. I miss her."

"Aw, you'll see Grandma soon. Grandma is on a cruise right now... lucky duck," I bent down to pick her up and assist her into the car.

"A cruise?" she asked, questionably.

"You know, a boat...," I reminded her.

"Ooooh yeah!"

I strapped the seatbelt around her, and went around to the drivers side.

"Me and you got a date tomorrow," I joked with her.

"Where!?"

"The airport," I laughed, "We'll get some food before we catch the plane."

I started the engine, and began to drive off out of the parking lot.

"Daddy, I'm scared. I don't like planes."

"I don't like planes either. But you've been on a plane a million times. And Daddy will be right there with you."

She just nodded.

"You know by the time we get back it will be four days until Christmas."

Oh, shit... only four days to get my shopping in.

"Yay!" she clapped, "Is Grandma and Tim sleeping over on Christmas Eve?!"

"Yep, they're supposed to."

I hope they do. I didn't want to be alone.

"Alone," I mumbled to myself.

"Daddy...," I heard.

"Yeah?"

"Your not alone, you have me."

I just sat there, and smiled at her.

"Your right, I'm not alone."