- Text Size +
Finally back home. Addy had been getting on my last nerve out on the road. She just got very bored and restless, in between all the bus rides and plane rides and lots of sitting around and doing nothing.

Now, it was Christmas shopping time. I sighed. It never ended.

The house was so quiet without Addy. I had sent her over to my mother's house, since she had missed her anyways, and I needed some time to just chill.

I sat on the sofa, and just stared out the window, letting... everything, sink in. My life, I guess. Sometimes I just needed to sit back and take a breather, and focus on what was happening in my life and such. I liked to be in my own world for a few moments, and then I'm off and back into the crazy ass real world.

I put out my cigarette in the ashtray, and got up from my spot on the chair, and got ready to go do some shopping.




Every corner was decorated with Christmas lights, and every speaker was blasting every tune from Jingle Bells to O Holy Night. And my head was fucking pounding. Four days until Christmas. And six days until Dana came back. I really missed her help around the house.

I walked into the closest toy store. Perfect. I grabbed the crinkled piece of paper from my pocket, and started trying to read Addy's handwriting. I began looking around for a bunch of the things Addy had been asking for.

Over a ten minute period, I found one of the things on her list. Fuck, I knew I should've started shopping earlier. There was hardly anything left.

I went up a saleslady, "Excuse me?"

"Yes?" she turned around, and right then and there... I knew it, she was a fan. "Oooh, yes? What can I help you with?" She increased her enthusiasm quickly. I hated when people acted fake around me. It happened all the time.

"Do you have any of the new Bratz dolls left?" I asked, ignoring the fact that she was a fan, because she might not have been an actual fan. I didn't want to make myself seem like an ignorant asshole or something.

She shook her head, "I'm sorry, AJ, uhm, sir... we don't have any of those left."

I just kind of laughed, and shook her hand, "Thanks for your help."

"Any time," she gushed, "Come back soon."

I began to walk away when she stopped me, "Wait! I'm really sorry... I didn't want to bug you. I just, can I get a picture?"

"Sure, sweetheart," I watched her take out her camera phone and I took the picture of the two of us.

"Thank you. Do you, uhm, need any help with anything else?"

I just shrugged, "Actually, yes."

I handed her the list, "All of that stuff." I laughed.

"Oh! We have this," she pointed to something on the list, I wasn't sure what, but she began to lead the way.

I grabbed it off the shelf and put it in my cart.

"Thanks for your help," I shook her hand once more.

I ended up just grabbing a shitload of stuff off of each of the shelves, and throwing it into the cart. She would definitely have a good Christmas.

Then I headed into a jewelry store. For my mom's gift. I thought I would get her a really pretty necklace or something. She would like that.

I sighed as I looked around, remembering buying the nice necklace for Stephanie. A big waste of money. And a big waste of my heart. Whatever. It was the Holiday season, that kind of shit was supposed to be forgotten during this time of year. And that's what I was going to do. Forget about it. I shrugged, I'm a pretty happy guy. Most of the time.

This Christmas was going to be good. Seeing Addy's face would be the most priceless. That's what I had to look forward to.