- Text Size +
"Merry Christmas, Mom," I welcomed her into the house and greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. It was Christmas Eve, and I had invited my mom and her husband to sleep over.

"Merry Christmas, Tim," I nodded and gripped his hand.

"The house looks nice, honey," my mom told me.

It should, because I had spent hours cleaning it for Christmas. I even decorated the place a little by myself. While I was out shopping yesturday, I grabbed a bunch of decorations and little things to put around the house. It had taken a whole day. And putting up the damn tree had been a pain in my ass. But I did it. All that mattered was that I had a tree. Sometimes before Addy was born, I never even put up a Christmas tree. I just hadn't cared.

"I left the tree undecorated. I thought maybe we all could do it together," I told my mom.

"Sure, that would be fun."

All the sudden the thunder of footsteps were heard running down the stairs.

"Grandma!" she screamed and ran straight into my mom's arms.

"Hi sweetheart!" she gave her a kiss, "Are you excited for Christmas?"

"Yes!" she screetched, "I hope Santa brings everything I asked for!"

She eyed me, "I hope he did, too."

I just gave her a look back, "I'm sure that Santa Clause will bring you alot of stuff. You've been a very good girl this year."

"Daddy, the tree looks..."

"Boring? Plain?" I shrugged, "I know. I thought you and Grandma could decorate it for me."

"Oh no," my mom smiled, "Your not getting off that easy, Alex. You are going to be just as much a part of decorating this tree."

I snapped my fingers and grinned, "Damn."

"Daddy!" she scolded me.

"Sorry," I told her, after cussing.

That was going to be my New Year's resolution... to stop cussing.

I heard my phone start ringing, and I jogged over to go pick up the cordless phone, "Hello?"

"Merry Christmas!" I heard Howie's voice come through the reciever, and couldn't help but laugh. Howie D, always the one to remember other people.

"Actually, D, it's Christmas Eve. Not Christmas," I told him.

"Eh, shut up, smartass."

I took the phone away from my ear, and shouted towards Addy, "You hear that, Addy?! Uncle Howie called me a smartass. He said a bad word!"

Her face lit up with shock, "Aww, he's bad!"

I put the phone back up to my ear.

"AJ!" he shouted at me, "Don't tell her those things."

I just laughed, "So what's up?"

"Actually, me and Debbie have some news."

"Your getting married? It's about damn time!" I cutted in.

"Well, yeah, we're gonna get married. But it's different news."

My smile widended, and I think I knew what was coming next.

"Aje, I'm gonna be a daddy!"

"Alright, D!" I excitedly told him, "Congrats to you! Where's Debbie? Let me talk to your woman!"

Howie just laughed and he passed the phone to his fiancee.

"Debs, babe... congrats!"

"Thanks, AJ."

"How far along are you?" I asked her.

"About three months. We'll know next month the sex of the baby."

"Alright, that's so cool. I'm gonna be an uncle!"

She chuckled, "Yes, you will be."

"Alright, hand the phone back to Howard. I have to tell him something."

"Two more Backstreeters to go to become papa's," Howie said as he got back on the phone.

"Damn straight. I got a question for ya... has it been leaked yet?"

"You mean, to the fans? No. Not yet. I want to make sure everything's going to be... ya know, okay with the pregnancy."

"Yeah, I understand."

"Just wanted to inform you. Oh, and you can go bragging to the other guys that you were the first to know. 'Cuz you are," he laughed.

"Yes! Alright man, Merry Christmas to you. Tell the Dorough fam that I said hi, okay?"

"Will do, see ya, man."

I hung up the phone and went back into the living room, "Howie D's gonna be a daddy!"

"Aww, how sweet," my mom gushed, "What a nice Christmas present."

It really was. I was genuinely happy for Howie. He was going to get to experience a whole new light of life, that people don't understand unless you have children yourself. He was going to get to experience every part of it. Yeah, D was gonna be a good dad.