- Text Size +
"You want a PB&J?" I asked Adelynn, who was sitting on the living room floor with her legs criss-crossed and staring up at the TV.

"Yeah!" she yelled back.

"Would you scoot back a little? Geez, your gonna sprain your neck," I told her as I got up off the couch to go to the kitchen.

She didn't reply but she scooted back. She got mesmorized when she was watching those damn cartoons.

I might as well make myself a peanut, butter and jelly sandwich, too. I hadn't eaten anything all day and come to think of it... I was kinda hungry.

I topped off both the plates by putting potatoe chips around the sandwiches. "Waa-laa," I said to myself.

"Here ya go, baby," I handed the plate to her and she grabbed it out of my hands.

"What do you say?" I eyed her.

"Thank you."

I shook my head and sighed, "Your welcome. You gotta learn some manners."

"Shhh!"

I cannot believe she just told me to be quiet.

"Excuse me, little girl, I will turn those cartoons off."

She pouted and she stomped up the stairs. I shook my head and laughed to myself. She could be such a little brat, but she was so cute when she was.

My cellphone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Don't forget about your interview today."

"Ah, shit. I forgot," I sighed, "Thanks, Melissa."

Melissa was my new assistant. She bascially helped me keep my head on straight. God knows I couldn't do it myself.

"No problem. I'll call you if anything else comes up."

"Thanks alot," I hung up the phone and took another bite of my sandwich.

I guess I'll have to bring Addy with me. There's no where else for her to go on such short notice.

This is gonna be a quick interview. It's me and all of the guys and it's just to show we're still around, we're not broken up. You know... one of those things where we have to repeat ourselves over and over again.

I jogged up the stairs.

"Addy?" I called out.

"Baby, Daddys not mad at you...," I peeked into her room and she was fast asleep on her bed.

I shut myself up and tip-toed back out of the room, and closed the door. So that's why she was being a brat... she just needed some good sleep.

I'll just go get myself ready and then wake her up. I'll let her sleep for a while.



__

"Uncle Rok!" Addy jumped out of my arms to go greet Brian.

I laughed. She had always called him that... I think just because she was always hearing me calling him, 'Rok.'

"Hey sweetie!" he hugged her.

I saw Brian whisper something in her ear, and I looked at him waiting for an answer. Then Addy comes over to me and whispers in my ear, "Daddy, Brian said he missed me more than you."

She started to giggle loudly and I just laughed and whispered back into her ear, "Tell him I didn't miss him either."

She went over and whispered in his ear and I saw Brian laugh.

Kevin came walking in next, quickly followed by Nick and Howie. It was amazing to see all five of us here on time.

We all made ourselves comfortable on the couch, Addy sat on my lap, as the interviewer dude asked us some questions. Then I heard the tape start rollin'.

"Ladies and gentleman, I'm sitting here with the Backstreet Boys...."