- Text Size +
I left the AA meeting in high spirits. Even though we usually hear the same shit everytime and it does get old, it's still always nice to know I wasn't the only one with a problem. And it made me feel good when people would say they had relasped seven times... I relasped once.

I picked up my cellphone and dialed a familiar number.

"Amanda?" I asked, in almost a whisper. I don't know why I was whispering.

"Hi."

"Can I come over?"

"No," and I was shocked for a moment until I heard laughter in the background, "Of course you can come over."

I just chuckled a little, "Okay, good."

We hung up with each other and I had already been pulling down her street when I called. I parked the car in front of her house and went in, without knocking or anything. I had gotten used to that habit.

"Wow, that was fast," she smirked.

"What can I say? I'm a known speed racer."

She smiled and rested her arms on my shoulders, leaning in for a kiss. I loved when she did that. Just so unexpected. It completely turned me on.

When we released off of each other I just looked into her eyes.

"I wanna make this work," I said out of nowhere.

"Me too, Aje. Me too."

My shirt was already off before I could even say anything else and soon so was hers.

"I love you..."

____

"I'm home!" I called throughout the house and dropped my keys on the front table.

"Helllooo?" my voice echoed through the big, hollow, foyer.

Where the hell were they? I made my way through the kitchen and out the back door and saw Adelynn in the pool with her big floaties on her arms. Dana was sitting on one of the lawn chairs, flipping through a magazine.

They hadn't seen me yet. I smiled to myself as I thought of a plan.

I quickly threw off my shirt and slid my flip-flops off and just made a run for it - straight into the pool. When I came up above water, I saw Addy splashing her little arms as quick as they could go to come over to me.

"Daddy! You scared me!" she exclaimed and I took her in my arms.

"That was the plan, little girl," I kissed her cheek.

"Scared me half to death," Dana said, getting up from her spot in the chair.

I laughed. I knew I was gonna scare them.

"Did you have a good day?" I asked Addy, who was still in my arms.

"Uh-huh."

"That's good. Do you wanna go to a movie later?"

She smiled, "Yeah!"

"Well too bad!" I poked her belly and then I gave her 'eskimo kisses' where we rubbed noses. She started laughing.

"No, really... what do you wanna see?" I asked.

"I dunno!" she threw her hands up in the air.

"Well we'll find something. Let's get you all cleaned up."

I helped her out of the pool and wrapped a towel around her.

"Alright, go up to your room and start to get ready...," I told her and she began to run off. "Don't run!"

Her pace slowed down. I went over to Dana, "Your free to go home if you want."

"Are you sure, Alex? I've only been here since morning. Why don't I cook you guys some dinner tonight?"

I shook my head, "That's real nice of you but I'm gonna take Addy to a movie. We'll eat something on the run."

"You need to stop that!" she scolded, like a mother, "You need a home cooked meal every now and then."

"I know. But not tonight... your free to go," I grinned and pretending to shoo her off.

She just shook her head and smiled, "If you insist."

The more I thought about it... a homecooked meal would be really nice. Maybe I'll go to my mom's tomorrow night.