- Text Size +

Kevin’s eyes immediately snapped open, followed by a throbbing pain that coursed through his head. He was greeted by a harsh, bright light that loomed right over him, causing him to squeeze his eyes close and shy away from the light. He glanced around and took in his surroundings, noticing that he was in what appeared to be a hospital room and he was lying on a hospital bed. A beeping sound soon erupted in the small room, causing a young woman to turn around and address him.

“Mr. Richardson.” the young woman said as she slowly approached Kevin, who was staring at her with wide eyes. “I need you to calm down.”

“Where am I?” Kevin asked as he looked around, confused as to what happened and how he got into the hospital. “Who are you?”

“I really need you to calm down Mr. Richardson. The faster you calm down, the faster I can explain what happened to you.”

Kevin tried to calm down, but just couldn’t for some reason. The pain in his head was slowly intensifying, and on top of that, he was hearing different voices in his head.

“You’re in the hospital Mr. Richardson.” the young woman slowly explained, “Do you remember what happened?”

Kevin began to shake his head vigorously, not only as a response to the question, but also as an attempt to get rid of the voices that seemed to be growing louder in his head.

“You were in a car accident… your car crashed into a tree.”

I want you to see how much they know.

They don’t know anything sir… they don’t even remember their past.

You’re telling me that they have no clue as to who they are?

Not only that sir… but they don’t know what they’re capable of doing.

Why are we doing this to them?

I’m getting my sons back… is that such a crime?

Kevin wasn’t sure where and who the voices were coming from, but he tried his best to push it out of his head and ignore it. Through the jumbled voices that were creating a mess in his head, he was somehow able to remember what had happened. He, along with Nick, Brian and Howie had picked AJ up from the hospital and were on their way back to their hotel. He was driving, and along the way began to fight with AJ. Howie had screamed for him to look out, there was someone standing in the middle of the road. He immediately slammed on the brakes in hopes to avoid hitting the stranger and he lost control of the car.

“Where are they?” Kevin asked, reaching out to grab at the nurse. “Are they okay?”

“Mr. Richardson, please calm down.” the young woman pleaded. “We will have to sedate you if you don’t.”

They know what they can do… they are just choosing to forget.

What are you going to do to them?

I will make them remember all that they should know… I will bring to their attention who they really are and the power they possess.

This is a felony! You cannot do this.

These are my sons, and I will do them as I please.

The voices seemed to drown out everything else in his head, bringing him nothing but excruciating pain. He tried to get it to stop, but the harder he tried, the more louder and intense the voices grew. “Stop it.” he gritted out, grasping his head and squeezing it, in hopes to will everything away. “Get out of my head.”

Kevin failed to notice that there were two burly guards who had walked into the room and were now making their way over towards him to strap him down to the bed. Kevin sensed them and immediately shot his eyes open and looked up to see the two guards rushing towards him. He wasn’t quick enough, because the next thing he knew, the two guards had grabbed him and pinned him down to the bed, trying to strap him to the bed.

“LET ME GO!” Kevin screamed as he thrashed around wildly, trying to get loose. “WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!”

The young nurse who was in the room with him earlier was now walking towards him, syringe in hand. Kevin felt like a caged animal, desperate to get away from these people, desperate to get anything everything that was hurting him to stop. All of a sudden, the room began to shake violently, tossing the two guards and the young woman off guard.

He’s one of them.

We can’t let them go.

What is he doing?

Inject him with the sedative!

It was at that moment that Kevin realized that the voices in his head weren’t just voices in his head at all… he was hearing their thoughts. He looked down and seen one of the guards was slowly gaining his composure back, and was now trying to make his way over towards Kevin to inject him with the sedative. Kevin continued to try release himself from the binds that held him down to the bed, he had to get away from them.

His eyes began to glow fiercely and the ground beneath them began to crack and spread apart. He felt a sudden power surge through him, causing him to break through the leather straps that held him down. He rose from out of the bed and watched as the two guards and the young woman slipped and disappear through the cracks that were opening wider in the ground. As soon as the room stopped shaking, Kevin immediately collapsed to his knees, pure exhaustion taking him over. Panting heavily, he watched in fascination as the large cracks in the ground began to draw to a close and mend back to normal.

Kevin continued to stare at the ground in awe, not being able to believe what just happened before him. He pushed that thought out of his mind as he tried to gather himself up off the ground. He wasn’t sure why, for that moment, he became extremely weak, all he knew was that this was his chance to get out of there and find the other four. He opened the door to his room and glanced out, looking up and down the hallway, seeing no one there. Quietly, he snuck out of his room and began to roam the halls, not sure where to even start looking to find his four brothers. He faltered for a moment when he began to hear voices in his head once again.

Where am I?

Kevin perked up a bit, realizing that he could use his new found ability to guide him. He began sprinting down the hall, hoping that the reason the voice was getting louder in his head meant that he was getting closer. He finally came to a stop in front of a room he assumed one of his brothers were kept in. He went for the doorknob and twisted it, finding it to be unlocked. He quickly pushed the door open and walked in, finding Howie lying motionless on the bed.

He briskly made his way over towards the bed, wondering if Howie was still unconscious or in a comatose state. “Howie…” Kevin whispered, getting no reaction from him. “D… c’mon, get up.” when he still got no reaction from him, he began to lightly shake him. “Howie.”

Startled, Howie’s eyes immediately snapped open, and before any of them could register what was happening, Howie disappeared in thin air. Kevin’s eyes widened as he reached out to touch the now empty bed, feeling no one there. What the hell is going on? Kevin wondered to himself, confused at the events that were taking place.

I can’t believe I can still do it.

Kevin could hear Howie’s thoughts loud and clear, and he knew Howie was still in the room with him, somewhere. “Howie?” he called out again, turning around to find Howie standing behind him.

Howie was busy observing himself, not being able to believe that he was still able to transport himself. He looked up to see Kevin giving him a quizzical look. “Don’t freak out… I can explain this.”

“Don’t bother, so much unexplainable things are happening right now.” Kevin replied as walked past Howie and glanced out the door, making sure there was no one coming after them. “We need to get out of here.”

“We can’t just leave the hospital man, don’t you remember anything that happened?”

“Yeah, we got into a car accident and now we’re stuck in some makeshift hospital. Look, I don’t know how I know this, but we’re not in a hospital. We were brought here for a reason, and whoever brought us here intend on keeping us here. We need to find the others and get the hell out of here.”

Both Howie and Kevin turned to make their way out of the room, but were greeted by two armed men. They remained where they stood, both slowly raising their hands in the air. Kevin began to get the same feeling he got when he was in his room, strapped down to his bed. He felt trapped yet again, and he wanted to do whatever he could to protect his friends.

The ground below the men began to crack open, but instead of the ground splitting apart like the last time, liquid hot magma spewed forth from the cracks, encasing and engulfing the two guards. Howie stared in shock at what was happening right before his eyes. He glanced over at Kevin and noticed that he was just glaring the two guards down, his eyes almost appearing dark. Howie grimaced as he heard the two men scream in agony as they were slowly immersed in the lava.

Kevin finally snapped out of his trance and hunched over, feeling exhausted all over again. He looked out at the destruction that was before him, cringing when the smell of burning flesh filtered into his nostrils. This was the second time the ground before him cracked open, killing those he was trying to get away from, those who were trying to hurt him. That was when he realized that he was the cause of all of this.

Before any of them could say anything, a shot was fired from out of nowhere. They both looked down the left side of the hall, seeing an armed man standing at the end. Howie looked down to see a tranquilizer dart protruding from his left arm. His eyes rolled into the back of his head and he crumbled to the ground. Kevin could only stare helplessly at his fallen friend, feeling his anger boil up within him, but before he could act out, another tranquilizer dart was fired, hitting him directly in the chest. He fought to remain conscious, but his eyes were getting heavy and his movements were getting sluggish until he finally succumbed to the darkness all at once.