- Text Size +
Why was she there? In this house? For six years, Ginny Weasley had wondered the same things. What made the sorting hat put her there? She remembered the sorting ceremony like it was yesterday.

*Flashback*
“When I call your name, you will step forward, I will place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses.” Professor McGonagall told the scared looking first years. Ginny franticly searched the crowd for her older brothers, all of which were in Gryffindor. She found Fred and George; they smiled and gave her a thumbs up, her whole family, herself included, were certain she would follow the tradition and also be sorted into Gryffindor. Ginny was snapped out of her daydream by her name being called. She looked towards the front of the room at the stool. Slowly she made her way to the front of the group and sat on the chair. Professor McGonagall placed an old hat on her head and it fell down to her nose.
“Yet another Weasley. I know where to put you…” The sorting hat began. Ginny breathed a sigh of relief. She was being put in Gryffindor, like the rest of her family. “But wait,” Ginny froze, could the hat be going to put her somewhere else? No, why would it do that? She is, after all, a Weasley. “There’s something different about this Weasley. Yes, very different. I see a dark side. Much darker that the other six Weasley children. Definitely darker, maybe…evil. Capable of things no other Weasley is. The only right place for a mind like this is…” The sorting hat told all what he read. Ginny’s heart was beating faster and faster. He wouldn’t put her in… “SLYTHERIN!” The hat shouted. Professor McGonagall took the hat off Ginny’s head, but Ginny didn’t move. The Slytherins were cheering, but still Ginny didn’t move. She was mortified. ‘I don’t believe it. I’m in Slytherin? It’s not possible. I’m not evil…am I?’ Ginny thought to her self.
“Miss. Weasley, please take a seat at your house table. We really must get on with the rest of the ceremony.” Professor McGonagall told her. Ginny swallowed the lump in her throat and walked over to the Slytherin table and sat down.
“Finally, could this be the first Weasley with actual talent?” A slimy sounding voice said from Ginny’s right side. She looked at the space where the voice had came from, a pale blonde boy with steel blue eyes looked back at her. “Malfoy. Draco Malfoy.” The boy said holding his hand out to her. Ginny took his hand and shook it gently.
“I’m Ginny Weasley.” She told the handsome blonde. He nodded.
“I know.” He told her. ‘Maybe Slytherin wont be so bad.’ Ginny thought to her self.

*End Flashback*

“Ginny! For the love of Merlin, get your cute little ass out of bed.” Belladonna, Ginny’s best friend, shouted at her. Ginny sat up slowly.
“I’m awake. Seriously. I’ve been awake for ages. Just couldn’t be bothered getting up, that’s all.” Ginny replied, getting out of her bed.
“Yeah, whatever. Just hurry up, you’ll be late.” Belladonna told her sternly. ‘What’s you name? Hermione fucking Granger?’ Ginny thought.
“As if. It wont matter anyway. I’ve got Advanced Potions first. Snape wouldn’t punish me.” Ginny said matter of factly, as she put on her uniform, slowly and carefully. She put on her cloak, brushed her hair and made her way down into the Slytherin common room.
“What took you so long gorgeous?” Draco asked as she walked over to him.
“Well I have to look my best, right?” She replied, kissing him.
“Mmhmm.” He mumbled, eyeing her up and down. Sure, her skirt was a little shorter than all the other girl’s, and her shirt was kinda firm but it’s not her fault she grew fast and her mother didn’t have the money for a new uniform every year. She put her finger under his chin and made him look at her in the face. He smiled devilishly. “We’d better hurry, Snape was pissed at breakfast this morning, if we’re late he’ll give us detention for sure.” Draco told her. She nodded and took his outstretched hand and followed him to class.

As they approached the Potions class room Ginny noticed her brother and his friends standing by the door.
“Potter, Weasley, Granger. Think you’ll make any thing worth marking today? I expect not. After all, Professor Snape is in a very bad mood, and I’m sure nothing a Gryffindor could produce would be up to his standards.” Draco scowled. Harry, Ron and Hermione turned around.
“What is it with you and making fun of people with more brains than you?” Hermione asked coolly.
“Well, it’s just so easy. No Mud-Blood like yourself can ever compare to the talents of any pure blood…well except maybe Pure-Blood-with-no-brains-Weasley.” Draco shot back. Harry stepped forward.
“Take it back Malfoy.” Harry demanded, stepping in front of a very deflated looking Hermione.
“Or what Potter? You’re going to tell on me? Like it’d bother me.” Draco smiled.
“Take it back. You remember what happened to your father don’t you? Where I put him. I have the power to do that and I have the power do deflate that green and silver over grown head of yours.” Harry said darkly. Draco’s smile was wiped of his face, and Ginny became scared. Draco’s father was one of the Death Eater’s who, in their fifth year, Harry, Ron, Hermione and a few other students, had sent to Azkaban prison.
“You say another word about my father and I swear I’ll-” Draco began, his voice started to shake. Ginny looked at Harry and then at Draco, she took Draco’s hand and dragged him away from the group.
“Are you okay?” Ginny asked, turning Draco’s back to the rest of the class.
“I will be once I have the chance to get rid of that bastard.” Draco scowled.
“Don’t talk about him like that. I know you hate him for putting your father in prison, but he saved my life, okay. Just leave it.” Ginny pleaded.
“Why are you taking his side?” Draco said suddenly, a little too loud.
“I’m not. I just think that-” Before Ginny could finish, she was lying on the ground holding her face.
“Who the hell do you think you’re talking to?” Draco screamed. “That bastard put my father in Azkaban Prison. I’m never going to see him again. You’re supposed to be my girlfriend, and you side with them!”
“Don’t you lay another finger on my sister Malfoy!” Ron yelled turning Draco around by his shoulder.
“And what are you going to do about it. You’re just as bad as she is. Friends with a Mud Blood. Any Pure blo-” Draco began. Ron drew back his fist and hit him hard in the face before he could finish.
“Don’t you ever say that again!” Ron yelled, jumping on Malfoy and beginning to punch him anywhere his fists could reach. Harry and Hermione grabbed his arms and pulled Ron off of Draco and struggled to hold him back.
“I’m surprised you haven’t given up on that yet, Malfoy. It really is getting old.” Hermione said in a nasty voice, and if looks could kill, Draco would most likely be six feet under.
“You know Potter, that God Father of yours deserved what he got. Just like your mother and father. If you don’t watch yourself you’ll end up just like them.” Draco drooled, standing up and wiping his lip.
“Don’t you talk about Sirius.” Harry said warningly, letting go of Ron.
“Why? He’s dead isn’t he? What’s he going to do, come back from the dead and haunt me?” Draco shot back, looking at Harry in the eye.
“Draco, don’t say that.” Ginny warned, seeing the look in Harry’s face.
Also in their fifth year, Harry’s Godfather, Sirius Black was murdered by one of Draco’s father’s fellow Death Eaters, Bellatrix Lestrange, right in front of him.
“Shut up bitch. He’s just like his father.” Draco said menacingly.
“I’m nothing like my father.” Harry said under his breath, before following Ron’s lead and hitting Draco hard in the face, and not stopping until Neville Longbottom and Seamus Finnegan pulled him away. Just in time as it seamed, because Professor Snape had just been heard coming down the stairs into the dungeon. Draco stood up and didn’t say anything to anyone. After she was sure Ron was able to control him self, Hermione went to help Ginny up.
“Are you okay?” Hermione asked quietly.
“I think so.” Ginny said quietly. “I don’t know what made him do it. He’s never been like that before.” She added, looking at her, now ex-boyfriend.
“Yeah, well. He’s a Malfoy. Nothing will ever change that. Bad tempered little Prat.” Hermione said, looking at the back of Draco’s blonde hair.
“What is going on here?” Professor Snape asked, walking past his class to the door.
“Nothing Professor. Just a little misunderstanding.” Ginny replied looking at Draco.
“Malfoy, what happened to your face?” Snape asked, seeing the blood and bruises on Draco’s usually pale and flawless face. Draco looked past Snape at Ginny, who quickly looked away.
“N-nothing. I…uh…f-f-fell down the stairs.” He lied.
“Well get yourself to the hospital wing and get cleaned up. Miss Weasley, you go with him.” Snape ordered.
“No.” Ginny said all too quickly.
“Sorry?” Snape said turning on his heal and looking at Ginny.
“I really need to get my marks up in Potions Professor. I can’t afford to miss any lessons.” Ginny covered up, looking at Draco again, he looked at the floor in disappointment.
“I can assure you Miss. Weasley, your marks in Potions are quite good. Now please escort Mr. Malfoy to the Hospital wing immediately. As you too have a cut across your face.” Snape replied.
“Yes, sir.” Ginny replied looking at the floor. She turned on her heel and began to walk to the Hospital Wing; she could hear Draco behind her.
“Ginny, please. Wait. Ginny!” Draco called to her.
“Leave me alone Malfoy.” Ginny called back angrily, not turning around. Draco’s footsteps became faster until he caught up with Ginny and grabbed her hand to stop her from walking any further. “Let me go.” Ginny said not looking up at him.
“Please, just let me explain. I don’t know why I did that. I just-” Draco began to apologize.
“Lost your temper. Again. Have you ever noticed that whenever you loose your temper, no matter whose fault it is, you take it out on me?” Ginny interrupted.
“I know. And I’m sorry. I just-”
“Excuse me. What are you two doing out of class?” Professor McGonagall asked, briskly walking up to them.
“We were just on our way to the Hospital wing Professor. Malfoy fell down the stairs and Professor Snape asked me to take him.” Ginny replied.
“Well I suggest you go then.” McGonagall told them, crossing her arms in front of her
“Yes Professor.” Ginny and Draco replied in unison. They walked the rest of the way to the Hospital wing in silence

“Look, Ginny. I said I’m sorry. What else do you want me to say?” Draco said desperately, while they were waiting for the healing potion to take effect.
“It’s not just me you upset you know. You really hurt Hermione, and Harry.” Ginny told him matter of factly.
“So. You don’t even like them. You used to think it was funny when I said stuff like that.” Draco replied.
“Yeah. But saying that stuff about Sirius was really mean. Not to mention way outta line.” Ginny said, not looking away from him.
“He came at me first.” Draco said defensively.
“No. No he didn’t. You accused them of being stupid. Then you set Ron of by calling Hermione a mud blood. You know how much he hates that.” Ginny corrected him.
“You’re taking sides again.” Draco accused her, looking away.
“No I’m not. I’m just stating the facts.”
“Potter shouldn’t have said that about my father.” Draco said quietly.
“You’re right. He shouldn’t have. But you should have just ignored him instead of talking about Sirius the way you did.” Ginny replied
“There you go again.” Draco said loudly.
“Excuse me?” Ginny muttered.
“You’re siding with the one person I truly hate. He put my father in prison, and almost killed him while doing so. I can’t believe you’re sticking up from him.” Draco shouted.
“You forgetting some things Malfoy.” Ginny said louder that she anticipated, standing up.
“Like what?”
“Like he saved my father from Voldemort, the thing from which your father and his ‘friends’ were taking orders to kill people. Your father is in prison for a damn good reason. In case you forgot, killing people is ILLEAGLE! And another thing, Harry Potter saved my life. Although being with you sometimes makes we wish he’d left me there to die!” Ginny screamed as loud as she could. Draco’s face was slowly becoming redder.
“If I didn’t know better, I’d think you were in love with him.” Draco drawled.
“So what if I am! At least he wouldn’t hit me because he was in a bad mood because some little slag wouldn’t let him in her pants!” Ginny continued to yell. Draco’s fist flew at the side of Ginny’s face, connecting with her bottom jaw.
“Don’t you speak to me like that. Ever again.” Draco said dangerously.
“Well it’s true. I know you’ve been sleeping with that little slut Pansy Parkinson. Don’t even try to deny it.” Ginny replied in a harsh tone. Once again, Draco’s hand connected with the side of Ginny’s face, knocking her to the ground.
“How dare you?” Draco sneered, his voice low and his face steely.
“How dare I what?” Ginny asked, standing up.
“How dare you talk down to me like that? I am a Malfoy and I-” Draco began.
“Can’t see where you are because your head is so far up your arse? I don’t believe you. ‘I am a Malfoy’ what is that? Because you’re a Malfoy, you have the right to beat me up? Well not any more, Draco Malfoy. This is one girl you will not have the pleasure of harassing anymore.” Ginny interrupted.
“Is there a problem out here?” Madame Pomfrey asked, coming out of her office.
“No. I was just leaving.” Ginny answered, not taking her eyes off of Draco.
“This isn’t over Weasley. You’re going to pay for what you just said.” Draco said in a low voice. Ginny just raised her eyebrows and walked past him back to class.

As Ginny walked back into her Potions classroom, the class turned to look at her, gasps and whispers erupted from various students.
“I thought I told you to go and get fixed up.” Snape said from the front of the room.
“Madame Pomfrey said it was nothing and I could go back to class.” Ginny lied.
“Well, where’s Mr. Malfoy?” Snape asked, looking behind Ginny.
“He’s still there. He’s injuries were worst than mine. But I expect he wont be to much longer.” Ginny answered, closing the door behind her.
“Very well. You can be partnered with Miss. Granger. She’ll tell you what to do.” Snape ordered rather that suggested. Ginny did as she was told and sat down with Hermione, who looked at her expectantly.
“What?” Ginny asked shrugging her shoulders.
“What happened? He hit you again, didn’t he?” Hermione said, turning so her body was facing Ginny.
“Yeah. So. It’s not like I can stop him. Or get away from him.” Ginny answered.
“If this happens again, you can come and tell me. I don’t care when it is or where I am, okay.” Hermione told Ginny, putting her hand on Ginny’s shoulder.
“Why do you care anyway? I’ve always been horrible to you.” Ginny said quietly.
“Of course I care. You’re Ron’s little sister. It doesn’t matter if you were horrible to me or not. You’re in trouble now and I want to help you.” Hermione said sternly.
“How am I supposed to find you, if it does happen?” Ginny asked, finally looking up at Hermione and accepting her help. Hermione reached down into her school bag and pulled out a piece of parchment.
“Here’s a copy of my time table.” Hermione handed the parchment to Ginny, who accepted it.
“What about in study periods and at night? What am I supposed to do then?” Ginny said putting the time table in her bag. Hermione picked up her quill and scribbled something on the corner of some blank parchment and ripped it off.
“It’s the Gryffindor password. Don’t let anyone see it. If I’m not in there, I’ll be in the library. But if you still can’t find me, go and see Harry and Ron, tell them you really need me and they’ll be able to tell you where I am. Got it?” Hermione told her. Ginny nodded.
“Miss. Granger. Miss Weasley. Sorry to interrupt you conversation, but you are in class and should be completing the Potion set for this lesion. I suggest you continue with the work I have set for this lesion, or you will find your selves in detention.” Snape interrupted, striding over to them.
“I have completed it Professor. I was just telling Ginny what the Ageing Potion does.” Hermione lied, looking at Ginny.
“Is this correct Miss. Weasley?” Snape asked, looking in Hermione’s cauldron.
“Yes, sir.” Ginny nodded
“Are you sure Madame Pomfrey said you were able to leave, Miss. Weasley? It seems your injuries have gotten worse.” Snape observed.
“Yes. She said that they’d clear up in a day or so.” Ginny said looking down at her hands and letting her hair fall over her bruised face.
“Very well.” Snape accepted her lie and swooped off back to the front of the room. Not long after, the bell went to signal the end of the lesson. Luckily for Ginny, she only had classes with the sixth years, and no more with any Slytherin seventh years. Although she did see Draco a few times between lessons, it wasn’t until after dinner that he confronted her.
“Did you honestly think I was going to leave you alone after talking to me like that?” He asked darkly.
“Well, I’d certainly hoped so.” Ginny replied quietly.
“You’d better think again. I’ll get you for embarrassing me like that. Believe me.” He finished and turned away.
“Draco wait.” Ginny called to him. He stoped and turned to face her.
“What?”
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean any of it. Please forgive me.” Ginny begged.
“For the love of Merlin, girl. Don’t you know anything? You’re a Slytherin. You’re not supposed to beg for anything.” Draco smiled evilly. “You’re forgiven. But if you do anything like that again…”
“I know. I know.” Ginny nodded. She didn’t really mean a bit of her apology. ‘Let him think he’s won.’ She thought to her self.
“Good girl.” Draco’s smile softened a little and he leaned in to kiss her. She of course obliged and kissed him back, imagining that he was someone else.
“I’m tired. I think I’ll go to bed. Good night.” Ginny said, kissing Draco lightly on the cheek.
“Couldn’t get any better.” He replied. Ginny smiled and went upstairs to her dormitory. Belladonna was sitting on her bed.
“What happened to you face?” She asked, standing up.
“Nothing. I fell off my broom at practice.” Ginny lied.
“Don’t shit me. You never fall off, plus, you didn’t have practice today.” Belladonna said, crossing her arms over her chest. Ginny began to go slightly red. “Tell me the truth.”
“I told you. Nothing happened.” Ginny shrugged.
“He hit you didn’t he?” Belladonna presumed.
“Who are you talking about?” Ginny asked, walking to her bed to sit down.
“Don’t play dumb. Draco.” Belladonna said, sitting next to her.
“How did you know?” Ginny asked looking up.
“I read your diary. You shouldn’t leave it lying around.” Belladonna told her.
“You shouldn’t have took it upon yourself to read it! It’s private!” Ginny yelled.
“I just want to help.” Belladonna said quietly.
“Well I don’t need your help. Get out I want to be alone.” Ginny screamed, pointing to the door.
“Fine. I’ll leave you. But I’m not going to let this slide Gin.” Belladonna told her as she walked out the door.

Ginny was woken up a little while later by the dormitory door slamming open.
“What the fuck were you thinking Weasley!” Draco shouted. Ginny looked around and noticed there was no one else in the room.
“What?” She said quietly.
“You told Belladonna Mitchell everything didn’t you?” He accused, pulling her up of her bed by her hair and throwing her against the wall.
“No I didn’t. She read it in my dairy. I didn’t tell her anything.” Ginny insisted.
“You know you shouldn’t write in a diary, Weasley. Look what happened last time.” Draco said darkly, reminding her of her first year. “Potter’s not here to save you this time though is he?”
“No. But I don’t need him.” Ginny lifted her knee, which connected with Draco’s groin. He fell backwards and she ran out of the Slytherin common room and all the way to the portrait of the Fat Lady.
“Password?” The Fat Lady said angrily as Ginny had clearly woken her up.
“Magnolia.” Ginny replied hurriedly. The portrait swung open and Ginny ran up to the Seventh year girl’s dormitory. She burst through the door. “Hermione!” She said loudly. A few of the girls grunted.
“Ginny? Is that you?” Hermione asked, through the curtains on her four-poster.
“Yes. How did you know?”
“I knew it wouldn’t be long. Did he hit you again?” Hermione asked, poking her head out.
“No. I got away before he had the chance. Hermione, I know I’m not safe in that house. I want to be transferred. Will you help me?” Ginny asked, crawling onto Hermione’s bed.
“Of course. Look, you’re not going back down there now. Sleep here and we’ll go se Professor McGonagall in the morning.” Hermione told her.
“Okay. Thank you so much Hermione. I’m so sorry I’ve been such a bitch to you.” Ginny apologized. Hermione smiled and nodded. Ginny lied down next to her and they went back to sleep.

“Ginny. Ginny wake up.” Hermione hissed in Ginny’s ear. Ginny gave a little scream and sat up.
“Oh. It’s only you.” Ginny breathed a sigh of relief.
“We’d better go and see Professor McGonagall now. She might be busy later.” Hermione suggested.
“I need to go to my dormitory to get changed.” Ginny told her. Hermione nodded and they quietly walked down the stars into the Gryffindor common room.
“Ginny? What are you doing here?” Ron asked turning around the armchair in front of the fire to see who was coming down the stairs.
“I…uh.” Ginny stuttered.
“She came to see me, Ron. It’s none of your business why.” Hermione said, standing in front of her. “Come on Ginny.”
“No. Hermione, I want to say something to Ron and Harry.” Ginny told her.
“Okay.” Hermione and Ginny went to join Harry and Ron in front of the fire, Ginny stood in front of them while Hermione sat down.
“What did you want to say, Ginny?” Harry asked, putting down his copy of The Quibbler.
“First, I think you all deserve an apology,” Ginny began. “I’m sorry for being so rude to you for the last few years. All three of you have done so much to help me and I’ve done nothing but be an insensitive little cow.”
“No you haven’t Ginny. It’s not your fault.” Harry said standing up.
“Sit down Harry,” Ginny ordered. Harry did and Ginny continued. “It is my fault. I sat by and watched Draco give you hell, and all I did was laugh. I wanted to say something, but I knew he’d just hit me again. Like he did every other time he’d be in a bad mood.”
“He’s hit you before? Why didn’t you tell someone?” Ron shot questions Ginny’s way. She just held up her hand and continued.
“Because I thought I loved him. I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want him to get in trouble because he’d be even madder and he’d hit me even more.” Ginny explained.
“So why stand up now?” Hermione asked.
“Because I’d had enough. I knew it wasn’t just me he’d been beating. I told him to leave her alone, but you can guess what happened. Then there was what happened yesterday, and I realised that wasn’t the guy I was in love with. So I decided to tell everyone. I know I’m not safe in Slytherin now I have told people, so Hermione is going to help me get transferred into Gryffindor.” Ginny finished.
“Okay. Well I want to help.” Ron announced, standing up.
“Me too.” Harry agreed.
“No. I don’t want you two involved. He’ll come after you next.” Ginny told them. “Hermione, we’d better go. Draco doesn’t get up until after ten on weekends.”
“Okay. Let’s go.” Hermione nodded. They reached the Slytherin common room not long after.
“Avada.” Ginny spoke the password and Hermione followed her across the long narrow room.
“Weasley! What are you doing bringing her here?” Pansy Parkinson shrieked from the desk.
“Nothing Pansy. Leave her alone.” Ginny ordered. She walked up stairs to her dormitory, Hermione still close behind her.
“What happened in here?” Hermione asked looking around.
“Uh, I think I knocked a few things over on my way out last night.” Ginny replied getting dressed in a hurry. “Quickly. Before someone tells him we’re here.”
Hermione and Ginny walked down the stairs quietly, but someone had already woken Draco up.
“Where do you think you’re going?” He asked, standing in front of the girls.
“None of your business Malfoy. Now get out the way.” Hermione ordered.
“You know what Granger, no. I don’t think I will. This is my common room, not yours.” Draco said simply.
“Fine. Don’t.” Hermione shrugged. Ginny wasn’t paying attention, because she was scared Draco was going to hurt them, but when she came back to reality, Draco was lying on the floor stiff as a board. “Hurry up Ginny.” Hermione ushered her towards the door. Ginny and Hermione left the common room and headed towards Professor McGonagall’s office. They knocked quietly.
“Come in.” McGonagall’s voice came softly from inside the office.
“Good morning Professor McGonagall.” Hermione said sweetly.
“Good morning, Miss. Granger. Miss. Weasley. Was there something I can help you with?” McGonagall asked, looking over her glasses.
“Yes. Um…we were wondering how to go about having Ginny transferred into Gryffindor.” Hermione said, looking sideways at Ginny.
“Well, uh. You’d have to have a very good reason to have this transfer accepted. You do, I suppose Miss. Weasley.”
“Yes, Professor.” Ginny nodded.
“And…what is it?” Professor McGonagall prompted.
“Well, um, you see.” Hermione began, preparing a lie in her head.
“Draco Malfoy has been beating me up for no reason Professor. It’s gotten worse lately and I don’t think I’m safe anymore. I scared he might try to kill me.” Ginny interrupted, not looking up from the ground.
“Well, Miss. Weasley. You’d have to have sufficient evidence to support these allegations, because if this is true-” Professor McGonagall started, coming around to the front of her desk, so stoped mid sentence when Ginny finally looked up from the floor. “My goodness.” McGonagall gasped.
“And I have witnesses that have seen him hit me.” Ginny added.
“Well, you will need to see Professor Dumbledore and tell him what you have just told me. Meanwhile, I will have to talk to Mr. Malfoy. Such things said against him might well lead him to expulsion.” McGonagall told the girls.
“Yes, Professor.” They said in unison.
“Please follow me girls.” McGonagall said, and lead them to the stone gargoyle guarding Dumbledore’s office.
“Bertie Bott’s.” McGonagall said and the gargoyle jumped aside and the stone staircase began to rise. “Off you go ladies. I’ll go and talk to Malfoy.” Ginny and Hermione nodded and did as they were told. They reached the wooden door and knocked.
“Enter.” Dumbledore called from the other side. They did and they were greeted with spinning silver gadgets and a squawk from Fawkes. “Ms. Weasley. Ms. Granger. How are you this morning?” Dumbledore asked, sitting in the high-backed chair behind his desk.
“Um, Professor McGonagall told us to came and see you so Ginny can be transferred into Gryffindor from Slytherin, sir.” Hermione told him.
“Can you tell me why you would like to be transferred, Ms. Weasley?” Dumbledore said looking towards Ginny. She looked up and told the whole story. Dumbledore listened quietly until she was finished.
“-so you see, sir, I don’t feel safe in Slytherin anymore.” Ginny finished. Dumbledore nodded.
“I know Mr. Malfoy does have quite a temper, and if you are sure you would like the transfer, I will accept it. It is not often I go against what the Sorting Hat has suggested, but this time, I am willing to allow it.” Dumbledore said calmly.
“I will have a bed put in the seventh year girl’s dormitory for you Ms. Weasley, and I will have the house elves move your things, effective, immediately.” He finished.
“Thank you sir.” Ginny smiled.
“But, I advise you to travel around the school in a group, as there is safety in numbers, and stay away from Mr. Malfoy. Do you understand?” Dumbledore warned.
“Yes, sir.” Ginny nodded.
“You may go.” Dumbledore dismissed them.
“Thank you very much sir.” Hermione thanked Dumbledore and turned to head out the door.
“Um, Professor Dumbledore, what will happen to Malfoy?” Ginny asked nervously.
“I don’t know. It is likely that he will be expelled. But other than that, I cannot say.” Dumbledore informed her. Ginny nodded and followed Hermione back to the Gryffindor common room. Her new home. Where she belonged.

“How did it go?” Ron asked when Hermione and Ginny came through the portrait hole.
“I’ve been Gryffindored!” Ginny said excitedly.
“That’s great!” Harry exclaimed, jumping up to hug her.
“Yeah. Now you are where you belong. With me. So I can keep an eye on you.” Ron added also hugging his sister.
“I’m sorry Ron.” Ginny whispered in her brother’s ear.
“You don’t have to be.” Ron replied, pulling out of the hug and standing up on the coffee table. “Excuse me, fellow Gryffindors!” He yelled over the top of the noise. Everyone stoped their conversations and turned to look at him. “We have a new member of Gryffindor House.” He grabbed Ginny’s arm and hauled her up onto the table next to him, she was going slightly red. “My baby sister, Virginia Weasley is not to be harmed. If you do in anyway tease her, harm her or in any way make her feel unworthy, I will not stop hunting you until you apologize. I might I remind you that Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes is having a 25% off sale this week so I suggest you all go and spend all your Gold and what not there. Thank you.” He finished his speech and the common room erupted with applause. He stepped down off the table and helped Ginny down.
“Gee, Ron. Thanks for not embarrassing me much.” Ginny said hitting her brother lightly. Suddenly there was a slight thump from the girl’s dormitories, signalling Ginny’s bed had arrived, and not very much later, her school things would be there to. Adjusted of course to Gryffindor standards.

At breakfast the next morning, Ginny noticed that Draco was nowhere to be seen. She spotted Belladonna and smiled slightly. When Belladonna flicked her hair away from her face, Ginny gasped.
“Ginny what’s wrong?” Hermione asked anxiously.
“He got to her.” Ginny said quietly, not taking her eyes off of Belladonna’s bruised face.
“Got to who?” Ron asked, stepping on the conversation.
“Bella.” Ginny replied. Ginny’s took in a sharp breath when she saw Draco walk through the doors into the Great Hall. Harry heard this and took her hand in his under the table. Ginny looked at Harry in surprise and he just smiled. She looked back at Draco and he scowled at her.
“Doesn’t take you long does it, Weasley?” He spat, walking towards her.
“Leave her alone Malfoy.” Hermione said standing up.
“What are you going to do, Granger. Beat me up? You and what army? Thought you got me expelled didn’t you, bitch? Just one complaint isn’t enough. No one else has said anything.” He said taking a few more steps closer to the Gryffindor table. Suddenly Ginny stood up. The Great Hall had become deathly quiet.
“Maybe they haven’t admitted it, Malfoy. But I know for a fact that I’m not the only one you hit.” She said loudly.
“Yeah? Why don’t you prove it?” Draco challenged.
“Fine. You don’t intimidate me anymore.” Ginny replied. She stood up on the table. “Girls, how many of you here have been hit by Draco Malfoy. I know I’m not the only one.” No one stood up. “C’mon. Don’t bottle things like this up. It’ll only get worse. Trust me. He has you thinking that you’re not important enough. That you don’t deserve respect. But you do. Everyone deserves respect, yourself included. Don’t let him intimidate you. You’re stronger that him. Stand up if you have ever been punched, slapped, harassed in anyway by that low-life scum standing in front of me. Help get your lives back to normal, so you can live without the fear of being put down or forced to do something you don’t want to do. I started to believe him. Believe that I wasn’t worth a Knut. But I realised that he was wrong. I’m worth all the gold in the world, and no one is going to change my mind. So stand with me now and help get your lives back.” Ginny yelled, tears running down her face. Still no one stood up.
“See, Weasley. No one.” Draco snarled.
“You’re wrong, Malfoy.” Belladonna said from the Slytherin table, she stood up. “Ginny’s right. I deserved more respect that he ever gave me.”
“Me too.” A few more girls stood up, nodding. Within a few seconds, there were quite a considerable amount of females standing up. Then, to Ginny, Ron and Harry’s surprise, Hermione stood up too.
“Hermione?” Ron asked. She nodded.
“You know that scar on my back, the one you said kind of looked like an ‘M’?” Hermione asked, looking at him. Ron nodded.
“It was from when you fell of a swing or something.”
“No. It was him.” Hermione nodded her head towards Draco.
“You’re lying! All of you!” Draco screamed.
“I believe they’re not Mr. Malfoy.” Dumbledore’s quiet voice said from the entrance.
“You would. Father always said you were the worst thing that ever happened to this place.” Draco spat. “You can’t honestly believe what they’re saying.”
“Well I do. And I have sufficient evidence to have you expelled from this school.” Dumbledore told Draco, who was beginning to look pale.
“Like what?”
“Every time one of these girls were hurt and sent to the hospital wing, Madame Pomfrey found a mark on each on of them. An ‘M’ on the back of their right shoulder.” Dumbledore said, pointing to the spot on one of the seventh year Ravenclaws.
“So that could have been anyone.” Draco said crossing his arms.
“It was put there by an irreversible spell. The spell will cause parson on whom it is inscribed remember the event in which is was put there forever.” Dumbledore continued.
“Yes, and how does that prove it was me?” Draco asked, becoming nervous, because he knew all to well how.
“There are only two wizards in the wizarding world who can successfully administer this curse. The inventor of it. And his son. You. Since your father has never set foot inside the school, it only leaves you.” Dumbledore finished.
“You can’t solidly prove Father and I are the only two who know this curse.” Draco chuckled.
“Professor, if this curse makes them remember the event when they received it, there is a way to have it seen. A Pensive sir. We could extract the memory and prove it was Malfoy. Unless he feels the evidence is against him and admits everything now.” Harry said, smiling slightly.
“No need Harry. There is enough-” Dumbledore began
“Fine! I admit! There’s no way out now. If Potter hadn’t said that…but I don’t care. Expel me.” Draco yelled, falling into a heap on the floor, and beginning to cry.
“How does it feel, Malfoy? Being put on the spot like this? Confession Charms come in handy you know.” Harry smiled again.
“Draco Malfoy, I Professor Albus Dumbledore, do here by banish you from this school. You are no longer to set foot inside these grounds. Do you understand?” Dumbledore said, sounding like he’d done it a hundred times.
“Yes.” Draco said, glaring at Harry.
“Do you have anything to say before you are transported back to your place of residence?” Dumbledore asked.
“Yeah. I do. None of you are worth anything. I did what I did because I could, and for no other reason.” Draco said looking around at all the girls, still standing; his eyes briefly locked with Ginny’s, who was still standing on the table.
“You’re wrong again Malfoy. We’re worth more that your life times a hundred.” Ginny said emotionlessly. “You only deserve one thing, and I hope you get it very soon.”
“What’s that?” Draco asked, raising his eyebrows, as Dumbledore raised is wand to banish Draco for good. Ginny said one last thing before he disappeared…
“Death.” And with that, Draco Malfoy was gone.



(Bella~ This story is dedicated to anyone who has had someone make them believe that they're not worth the time of day. Not worthy of becoming anything. Don't believe them. You are worth it. You're worth everything in the world and don't ever let anyone change you're mind.

"Hold your head high and stay strong...keep pushin' on" - Christina Aguilera)