- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm really nervous about what you'll think of this chapter. There's a lot going on.
AJ and Howie at the kitchen table holding a conversation that only made sense to the two of them while I was putting dinner together. No, I’m not the greatest cook but un-like my crazy boyfriend I probably won’t set the house on fire. I set a plate of spaghetti in front of Howie just as he mentioned Kevin.
“Well he called me the other day asking all these questions about you guys. I didn’t know what to say.” We watched him anxiously. “So, I just told him he was being paranoid, that there wasn’t anything going on, it was all in his head. He seemed to buy it.”
“Yeah, but for how long?” I mumbled.
AJ must have heard me because he said, “We’ll figure everything out Nicky. Don’t worry.” Then facing our friend again, “B. called last night.” He sighed looking down at the food he still hadn’t touched. “I don’t know…” I found myself feeling oddly uncomfortable.
“Maybe they’ll understand.” Howie tried to ease the tension. “They’re your friends, family even... They’ll want you to be happy, right? They’ll understand, they’ll—“
“NO THEY WON’T!” AJ slammed his hand down on the table as jumped up from his chair violently. The dishes rattled, Howie didn’t even blink. I flinched, squeezing my eyes closed, every muscle in my body froze, my teeth clenched, my heart pulsing as though I had just run ten miles.
He came to my side wrapping me in a tight hug, “I’m so sorry baby. I didn’t mean to scare you.” He apologized. He stayed there, holding me. A strange thought occurred to me just then, like oxygen; if I were to lose him now or ever I would simply die. He kissed my forehead. I wrapped my fingers around one of his wrists, unable to find the words to plead for him to never let go.
Howie leaned back in his chair, clasping his hands behind his head.
“Shit’s gonna hit the fan any day now guys.” He said calmly, dropping the optimism.
“We know.” AJ merely replied.
“Be up in arms and ready for war.” He suggested bizarrely relaxed.
“Oh, we will be.” AJ pulled me closer.
Chapter End Notes:
okay, I acually have the next two chapers written. But, it depends on your reviews if I post them as is or do some serious revising.

**I'm taking all the banners out of the chapters because my sister tried to read the story on her computer, she has dial-up, and it took forever. I am keeping the banner in the summary though.**