- Text Size +
I don’t have a whole heck of a lot to say about this story, but I feel like it won’t be truly finished until I place some sort of rambly author’s note at the end lol.

This story was very hard for me to write. It hit really close to home for me personally, more than I wanted it to at times. Eventually it took a direction that strayed pretty far away from my personal life, but those first few chapters were really… yeah. It was hard to write. The chapter where Nick, Chris and Camille were at the airport was really sad for me. I thought it would be easy to write about something that I was going through, when instead that made it ten times harder. However, writing is very therapeutic, so this did help me get some stuff out… and let me embellish the situation in excellent ways like the little drama queen that I am. So that part was fun.

If you notice, all of the major chapters have a little snippet of a song at the beginning. I listened to a lot of The Weakerthans while writing this story. Their music reminded me a lot of Nick and Camille. The bulk of it is very sad and slow, but there are a few upbeat songs thrown into the mix. Also, the story is named after one of their CDs and songs so I figured it would be fitting to use some of their lyrics. I highly recommend them, they’re quite the unique music group and I found them to be very inspiring. Though, John K Samson would probably be outraged to find out I used his words as means for inspiration for a Backstreet Boys fan fic, lol. Either way, check them out. Yeah, it’s a shameless plug, but I think they deserve it cause they’re awesome and I took their title haha. I love the line “Back with the streets I know” it makes me giggle every time.

I also want to take this time to thank everyone that reviewed this story. There are a lot of you, and I appreciate it very much. Thank you, I’m glad you all enjoyed it so much. I tried to take the time to respond to each and every one of your comments. Every time I saw a new review, it made me really happy. I can’t thank you guys enough for all your wonderful feedback. Thank you, thank you, thank you! All of you are awesome and I hope you’ll continue to read my stuff. Those of you that write as well as read, I’m trying to get around to reading your stuff as well to return the favour :) Honestly at some point I really felt as though I was doing a poor job with this story, but your encouraging comments made me feel better. Thanks so much, it really means a lot that you guys enjoy my writing.

I’m sorry that they didn’t end up together in the end, I know some of you were hoping for it, so I hope you’re not too upset with the ending. Sometimes in life things don’t always work out no matter how much we want them to, and that’s really what I wanted to portray with this story. (Also, I’m bitter. Lol) I think if I would have written them together the story would have felt forced and unrealistic. But hey, it worked out for them in the end! Camille found another nice guy, and well… there’s no reason this story can’t work in the timeline with In Pieces and My Happy Ending… so let’s pretend Nick ends up with Ashleigh LOL So he’s happy too.

I very much need to thank my friend Darby (cabybakes) for all her help. I was really stuck on what should happen, and she came up with the wonderful idea of Nick walking in on Chris and Camille. So all of you that enjoyed that scene, it was her idea, I just ran with it. She’s an amazingly talented author and I hope all of you go read her story, Casual, because I ADORE it.

As hard as this story was for me to write, I had a lot of fun once it took a turn away from my own experiences. Nick and Camille were very different characters than what I’m used to writing, so it was a fun adventure for me. It was a little out of my box, not a whole lot, but a bit. Now that this is over, I think I’m going to try something a little different. I’ll probably start on an AJ story to switch things up a bit. I’ve finished three Nick stories now, so I’m excited to try something new! Wish me luck LOL

Okay, I think that’s enough rambling. Again, thank you all for your kick ass feedback. You all rock to the extreme, you really do. You guys are the reason I love AC so much. Thank you! *muah*

----Saka xoxoxoxo