- Text Size +

Aaron and Jesse leaned against the wall, silently. Aaron tapped his foot up against an old box. Both of them had their head backs and their eyes closed. Aaron sighed heavily and put the phone back up to his ear.

" Stevie, where are you?" He whispered into the phone. There was no answer. Aaron's breathing picked up, " Stevie? Steve? Stevie!" He swallowed hard and stared at the phone. Jesse sat up, rubbed his eyes. He looked at Aaron curiously.

" What's wrong."

" I lost him...." He whispered. Jesse whimpered and rested his head on Aaron's shoulder.

" Man....what is happening?" He cried. Aaron shook his head sadly and leaned back against the wall.

" I don't....know...." He trailed off when he saw a dark shadow playing along the creak of the door. Aaron and Jesse huddled closer together, their eyes wide, terrified. They whimpered and tried their best to crawl deeper into the back of the closet.

" I love you, man." Jesse, cried, wrapping his arms around Aaron. Suddenly a loud piercing sound ripped through the air, causing the boys to jump 10ft in the air.

" What the hell was that?!" Jesse cried out, bouncing around, frantic. Aaron grabbed him and pulled him back down.

" Shhhh!" They listened. Then Aaron's phone rang making their hearts jump to their throats. He answered it.

" Hello?" He said softly.

" Aaron! We're here, hurry up!" Stevie yelled, frantically. He hung up and turned toward Jesse, who was shielding his face with his hands.

" Stevie's here. Come on." They stood up and slowly walked to the door.

" That was Stevie's horn?"

" I guess."

" Dude, it sounded like a banshee." Jesse said, grabbed Aaron's shoulders. Aaron slowly opened the door and carefully popped his head out, followed by Jesse. They looked around and they both noticed, Bob and Ginger both missing.

" Where the parents at? Their dead why would they worry about neatness?" They walked out of the closet, looking around. Aaron looked at Jesse, then sprinted full speed out of the door, catching Jesse off guard.

" Aaron, don't you do that!!!" Jesse, yelled, running after him. They ran as fast as they could toward Stevie's car.

" COME ON, YOU GUYS! HURRY!" Allison yelled waving her hands in their direction. They both jumped in the car in a blur.

" Drive motha fucka, Drive!" Aaron yelled. Stevie punched the gas and peeled out of there.

************

Stevie sped down the highway, toward the police station. Aaron and Jesse sat quietly in the back seat. Aaron looked at Stevie in a dead gaze.


" Stevie?" He said, flatly. Stevie glanced up in the mirror.


" Yeah, Aaron? What's wrong?"


" You lied to me about, Frankie." Aaron said, without no hesitation.


" What? Aaron, he was there, I swear to God." He told him confused. Allison looked at Stevie questionably.


" I looked when I got home, Stevie. Now you better tell me the truth." Stevie opened his mouth, but nothing came out. Aaron looked at Jesse suspiciously, his eyebrow raised. Jesse nodded, knowing what he was thinking.


***************


Alica sat on the couch with her older sister, flipping through the channels. She continued to flip, an annoyed expression played along her face.


" This sucks." Alicia said, dropping the remote.


" Turn it to MTV." Laura said, blowing at her neatly polished nails.


Alicia rolled her eyes, " Hell no. Laguna Beach is on right now. And if you ask me, that show fucking sucks." She closed her eyes and laid her head back against the couch.


" I like Laguna Beach." Laura said, " Talan's hot."


" Sure he is." Alicia said, annoyed. She sighed and picked up the remote. She went to go turn the channel, but the lights went off on contact.


" What the fuck?"


" What did you do?" Laura asked annoyed.


" Why do you always assume that I did it!" Alicia said throwing the remote down.


" Cause you're the one that always does it." Alicia huffed and stood up.


" Shutup." She got up and walked down to the basement where the breaker box hung on the wall. She grabbed a flashlight that sat on a side table. She held up the flashlight to see what she was doing. She flipped up the switch that activates the lights. Nothing happened. The lights didn't come on. She frowned and tried it again and again. Still there was no sign of electricity. She sighed heavily and walked back up the stairs.


" Laura, were gonna have to sit in the dark for awhile." Alicia called out as she entered the hall, leading to the living room. She walked into the living room, rolling her eyes.


" Did you hear me?" She walked in front of Laura and looked at her, her eyebrows raised. Then she frowned as she gazed down at her sister. Laura sat there, her mouth agaped and a dead expression on her face. She didn't move.....
Alicia slowly sat down beside her.


" Laura?" She didn't answer. She just looked straight ahead, " Laura?" Alicia repeated softly. She placed a hand on her shoulder and shook her, " Laura!" Suddenly, Laura's head popped off of her shoulders. Alicia screamed as she caught her sister's bloody severed head in her hands. She cried in agony, standing up from the couch, staring at the head in her hands. The sound of knife being drawn ripped through the air. Alicia whipped her head toward the sound, dropping the severed head to the ground. I landed with a sickening thud.


" Oh shit!" She sprinted toward the door but was quickly tackled by a dark figure. He got on top of her trying to strangle her. She screamed frantically, desperately trying to fight him off. He picked her up from the ground and threw her threw the window. Glass pierced her skin, but not too deeply. The killer stepped over the window frame and grabbed her bye the hair. With all of her might, she kicked up her leg and hit the dude right in the balls. He let go of her and doubled over in pain. Alicia scrambled to her feet and sprinted down the road at full speed.


" I'm gonna get you, you bitch."


******************


Stevie screeched in front of the police station. They piled out of the car and raced toward the doors.


" These honkies have some major explaining to do when we get in there." Jesse said, running toward the doors. Stevie burst in and ran full speed over to the front desk


" Excuse me, you got to help us! There's someone trying to ki---"

Stevie trailed off, his eye going wide. His breathing became fast as he gazed behind the desk and into the main room. Jesse and Aaron came running up behind him.


" Stevie, what wrong?" They said together in unison.


" This is why they haven't been answering." Stevie said his voice shallow. The boy's frowned and looked behind the desk. A look oh horror spread across their face. Every single police office lay on the floor covered in their own blood.....dead. Every single one of them.


" That makes sense." Jesse whispered his eyes wondering over the body's. With his eyes still on the police officers, Aaron backed up slowly. He hit the wall softly and slid down to the ground, tears forming in his eyes.


" We're gonna die, aren't we?" He whispered, a tear slipping down his cheek. Stevie went over to him and kneeled down beside him.


" No, were not, man. We just have to be careful and be aware of what he might DO." Stevie said, turning his head toward Jesse and glaring at him.


" You an asshole, Stevie." Jesse gritted through his teeth. Stevie stood up and faced him.


" You could have stabbed me anytime, when I had my back turned." Stevie huffed, " You are one sick mother fucker, Jess. You go and do all this. If I was the killer, I would kill your sorry ass right now!" Stevie was getting ready to attack him, but Aaron got up angrily and pulled Stevie back.


" Shut the fuck up, Stevie! It's not Jesse, so get the fuck over it!!" He screamed angrily, " It's not any of us, okay! This is exactly what the fucker wants. He's trying to turn us against each other, to make us weak."


" Well, he's doing a very good job at doing that." Jesse said, shoving his hands in his pockets.


" This is what we don't want him too do. This guy is pretty smart, but at the same time he's stupid. We need to out smart him, confuse him some way."


Stevie sighed, " Maybe we can ditch town. Confuse him on our where abouts."


" That's actually a good idea. The fucker already knows where all of us live. Our homes will be the first place he'll look for us." Jesse said.


" Yeah, getting away is a smart idea." Allison spoke up. She'd been standing by the door, keeping a look out for ' you know who '


" How does that resort down at long beach sound to you guys?" Steve mentioned.


" Isn't that the one that's out in the middle of nowhere?" Aaron asked.


" Yup."


Aaron nodded, " Good idea....hey, maybe we better take Alicia with us too. I don't want her to stay here all alone."


"Agreed." Jesse said, looking right into his eyes. Aaron smiled and nodded.


" We don't even know if Alicia is still alive. That fucker could have gotten to her already." Stevie said, with sadness in his voice. Aaron's heart jumped.


" Oh shit. Maybe we better go check on her...."


" uh fellas? That's not going to be necessary." Allison said.


" Why not?"


" Cause there's Alica right there!" Allison opened the door, " Alicia!!! Over here!!" Allison yelled. The boys' ran to the door, shocked to see Alicia running toward the station, a frightened look on her face. They noticed she was covered with blood. Oh God. Her blood?


Alicia got to the door and ran in, frantically. She was shaking and in hysterics.


" Alica baby, what happened?!?!" Jesse said, wrapping his arms around her. She sobbed into his chest.


" The...k-killer....killed my s-sister!" She sobbed.


" Oh my God!!" He pulled her away and carefully looked her over, " Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked her, his voice shaking tremendously.


" Define hurt." She said, her voice scratchy.


" Do you have any wounds? Did he attack you?"


" Well, I have a couple of cuts from pieces of glass when he threw me through the window." She looked up and screamed frantically when she saw the dead policeman all scattered around the room.


" Oh baby! Don't look at them! Don't look at them...." Jesse said pushing her face into his chest, holding her close. She sobbed hard.


" Jes...I'm s-scared!"


" Don't worry, baby. I won't let anything happen to you." Aaron, Stevie, and Allison came over and put their arms around each other, " We won't let anything happen to you....."