- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry this chapter is short.

That night, Aaron was still over at Jesse's, sitting in the exact place he was earlier. He never moved, nor did he attempt, afraid Jesse will jump him. Jesse paced back and forth, his fists clenched tightly. He pressed the tips of his fingers to the sides of his temples, trying to keep the tears in.

" I can't believe this." He whispered, his voice hoarse.

" Jesse, I'm sorry." Aaron whispered back, running his fingers through his hair.

" How could you?" Jesse cried. Aaron took a deep breath, but didn't say anything, " Why Alicia? Why Alicia, Aaron?! You knew I loved her." Aaron turned his head away and took another deep breath.

" Jesse, I made a mistake, okay. I major mistake. But I'm truly sorry i hurt you. I don't know why i did it. And i know that i can't do anything to make up for it and i can understand why you won't forgive and i except that. But i am sorry. I am so sorry, Jess." Aaron told him, tears welling up in his eyes, " It's okay not to forgive me."

" Thanks for the permission." He sat down beside him, " Your my best friend, Aar. Were supposed to trust each other. Be there and look out for each other...." He shook his head, sadly," Why are you turning me away? It's not me! I wouldn't lie to you."

" I don't know what to say, Jess." He whispered looking straight ahead.

" Say, that you believe me." He pleaded. Aaron's heart pounded and his mind raced with possible answers.

" I---"

" You believe me right?" He was silent, " Right?" Still he didn't say a word.

" Look me in the eye and tell me you believe me." Aaron's eyes danced from Jesse to the wall, not answering. Suddenly, Jesse grabbed him by the arms and turned him toward him. Finally Aaron looked at him, not breaking his gaze.

" You look me right in the eye and you tell me you believe everything I said!" Aaron stared at him for a long while.

" I don't know what to believe, Jesse." He whispered. Jesse lowered his head and gently let go of his arms, " Jesse, all I want is to go home....lock my doors and windows...and pray that I'm not next." Aaron said, getting up and heading toward the door.

" Well, then let me take you home!"

" No, Jess. I-I can't see you right now. Don't worry, I'll be fine." He slipped on his jacket and ran out the door. Jesse ran his fingers through his hair. He locked the door and sat down. He rubbed his hands together, trying to calm himself down. Some how, some way he would prove to all of them that it isn't him.........