- Text Size +

Millie entered the house and paused at the door “He’s not here, you don’t have to be afraid to come in.” she smiled as Howie entered the house behind her. “He doesn’t spend much time here anymore.”

Howie grinned “Right, I saw him at the restaurant with a brunette.” he looked around the familiar house, the last time he had been there, it had all been such a blur. He looked over the pictures, “Did you ever work out anything with your mom?” he shouted towards the kitchen as he stared at a family photo, the only one with the whole family.

“No…I haven’t talked to her ever since she got married and quite frankly I’m happy about it.” she said rounding the corner into the living room, almost bumping into Howie. “Here you go…it’s so cold” she said handing him a cup of coffee. “My dad left a message, he’s not coming home tonight. He’s working double shift.” she sipped on her coffee as she looked up at Howie.

He leaned against the kitchen door frame, sipping on his coffee, but his eyes glued on Millie. “You look tired.” he stated running his hand down her cheek.

She shrugged “I think I'm getting an earache and I feel sick to my stomach. Plus I’ve had lots of things to worry about…”

Howie smiled, feeling on her forehead for a temperature “Like?”

“Like, my father getting a new girlfriend, adjusting to being alone in the house most nights, Elijah being adopted and especially you never coming back…” she took his cup and placed them on the counter, while he stood in place watching her. She walked back to him and shivered, pulling her sweater tighter around herself.

Without warning he pulled her against him and he wrapped his arms around her as she let out a yawn. “You should really get some sleep Millie” he insisted “Come on, then I’ll head home.” he walked her down the hallway and into her room.

She entered, rummaged her drawers and grabbed some pajamas “Be right back” she said as he nodded, sitting on the bed. She entered the bathroom taking a deep breath, she couldn’t believe that she was so nervous. Quickly she changed into a pink tank top and a pair of shorts, then ran a brush through her hair.

Howie laid against the headboard, his head had started throbbing since the encounter earlier, only now it was full blast. His eyes began to close slowly, he couldn’t understand the sudden exhaustion that had taken over his body. He shifted, getting comfortable and felt himself slowly doze off.

Millie smiled as she entered the room to find Howie fast asleep, she bent down to remove his shoes and threw the blanket over him. She turned off the light and carefully crept onto the bed and under the covers. Just as she turned to face him, his eyes fluttered open “Hey…I should be going.” he mumbled groggily, staring at the ceiling.

She stared at him and shook her head “It’s ok…you can stay if you want. I don’t mind.”

He sighed sitting back up against the headboard, the pounding was still in effect, and he felt his eyes might pop out of their sockets. Slowly he rubbed his temples and groaned.

“Are you alright?” Millie sat up.

“Uh…not really I have a really bad headache from earlier and it wont go away” he continued to rub on his temples.

“Aw I know how to make it better” she giggled leaning towards him, he closed his eyes and felt her mouth against his. His hands instantly wrapped around her waist and she leaned her body against his.

He chuckled “This sounds familiar…” he voiced against her lips as he rolled onto her, laying in between her legs. They parted and he stared down at her, caressing her hair “I missed you so much, even though I…well…you know.” he shrugged his shoulders “I always thought about you.”

She smiled and blushed at the same time “You did?” she purposely asked as he nodded with a grin. He bent down to cover her mouth again, this time more aggressively and she wrapped her arms around his neck as his kisses trailed down her chin to her neck and then her shoulders. He busied himself slipping off her shorts and stopping as he noticed nothing under, he arched an eyebrow as he looked up at her. She shrugged with a smirk “I was hoping you would stay…it would have been too obvious to come out with nothing on.”

“You’re a freak…” he muttered, as they continued to undress each other. He kissed her deeper, his body pressing against hers, his hands roaming every inch of her body. A small moan escaped her as she felt him gently push himself into her, his movements gradually increased, sending each other into frenzy as their bodies came together once again.

A while later the twosome laid snuggled up fast asleep. Howie awoke to a buzzing phone on the nightstand, he was startled when he saw the time and the name that flashed on the screen. He sat up and answered groggily “Hello…”

“Hey man, I’m sorry for bothering you at this time. I tried your house phone…” Brian trailed off.

Howie pinched the bridge of his nose “Oh…I’m sorry I’m with Millie.”

Brian’s rambling stopped when Howie mentioned the name “With her as in with her…with her?” he asked and the line went silent as he waited for a response.

Howie turned to look at the sleeping woman next to him “Yup…”

“That’s great man. Then that means, that finding AJ now comes at a good time.”

“You found him? Damn about time. Where? With who?” Howie stood up waiting for his answer, he couldn’t wait to see AJ. To let him have one across the head.

“Actually he was staying in London but the time we went. He had gone to Oxford with a friend to finish up some songs. Funny part is that he thought about what he was doing, leaving us hanging and he was going to come back. Anyways he wants us to go out there for a couple of days before the tour restarts, so we can hear his work. I hope you don't mind.”

“He could just bring it here. Why do we…” Howie was agitated at the idea of leaving Millie behind, but he had to do it. Not just for the group, but because no matter what had happened. AJ was still a band mate and a brother to him. “Fine…when do we leave?” he sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

“Meet Nick at his house in about four hours…I’ll meet you guys in the London airport. Alright man, I’m glad to hear things are going good for you and I’ll see you later.”

Howie sighed “Yeah man…thanks” he hung up the phone and stared at Millie. He wasn’t happy about leaving her behind, he knew she wasn't feeling well. He snuck back into the bed and wrapped his arms around her.

She shifted and against him “Your awake?” she mumbled half asleep.

He leaned into her ear “Yeah…I have a bit of news.” he whispered.

Quickly she sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes and turned to look at him “What? What happened?” she had a frightened look on her face “Don’t tell me that last night…” she began, but stopped as Howie began to laugh.

“Millie I’m not leaving you…for long. Brian found AJ in London and he wants us to go out there for a couple of days. I’ll be back before you can miss me.” he winked, she threw her arms around him squeezing him tight. “Can’t…breeeathe” he gasped.

“Sorry…” she smiled letting him go. “Your leaving me now.” she looked at the clock that read 3:00 in the morning. Howie nodded “I guess I have to let you go.” she whined as he kissed and caressed her cheek.

He stood in the doorway “I love you…”

She sat back up and gave him a wide smile “I love you too. Be careful.” she blew him a kiss and laid back down, unwilling to watch him leave.

It was night time when the guys arrived in London the next day, the flight was exhausting and all they wanted was to find a hotel and climb into bed and worry about AJ the next morning. Before retreating to bed, Howie made his highly anticipated phone call to Millie, he wasn’t sure she would pick up. The phone rang and rang, no one answered “Hey Millie it’s Howie, just wanted to let you know that its around nine thirty here and we are going to bed. I hope you are feeling better. I love you…see you soon.” he turned around and was encountered by Nick and Brian’s eyes, they both teased him as he made way to his bed. “Shut up” he huffed at both of his childish band mates.

“So you two are back together…that’s nice to hear. Now she will be all smiles at my wedding.” Nick smiled as Brian gasped and Howie’s eyes bugged out.

“Did you say wedding?” Howie chuckled as Nick nodded.

“Wow, I knew you were thinking about it, I just didn’t know you were going to do it so soon. I’m happy for you though. Sarah must be ecstatic?” Brian chimed.

“She is…so much she’s driving me nuts. I told her to take Millie with her tomorrow to start preparing. We decided to have it sometime in January.” Nick beamed with the news.

“Sounds great Nick. Congratulations man. Well I’m going to sleep cause you know me, I have to get my sleep on.” Howie said heading to the bathroom with his bag to change.

Millie made way to the NICU even though it had been one day that she had missed with the little man, she missed him so much. She stopped at the nursery window to peer at the four bundles in their beds. She smiled, thinking that maybe one day she would be able to give having a baby another chance. Although she was happy to practice with Elijah, she entered the room and before she could put on the scrubs she found Benny in the nursery. “Hey I missed you this…” Millie stopped when she saw Benny’s face, she could tell the older woman had been crying.

“Hey Millie…” she said holding a clipboard in her hands, the look on her face indicated that something was very wrong, quickly Millie made way into the room, swiftly pulling on some scrubs and skipping washing her hands. “Millie…don’t…” Benny shrieked from behind her.

Millie let out a gasp and fell onto a nearby chair as she saw the incubator. “NO…” she mumbled covering her face.