- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, it took me a while to get this chapter out and I can say that there is only about two or three more before we come to an end. Thank you all for reading and reviewing once again.

First thing the next morning Howie drove down to Millie’s house. He knocked on the door nervously, Mr. Nunez’s car was in the driveway. The door swung open and Millie jumped into his arms “Oh Howie!”

“Hey…” his stomach fluttered when he saw her father in his red uniform leaning against the kitchen door frame. “Um…morning Mr. Nunez.” he took her hand as she pulled him into the house.

“Mornin…Howie. I hope you’re here with good intentions.” Millie’s dad raised a brow.

“DAD!!”

Howie squeezed her hand “It’s ok, I know I’ve been a real Jackass. I just want you to know that I never intended on hurting Millie in the first place.” he turned to look at her “I’m here with very good intentions. I promise!”

He furrowed his eyebrows “Better be…gotta go.” he kissed Millie on the forehead and headed out to his car.

“I’m so sorry about my dad.” she blushed.

Taking her hands in his, he smiled widely “It’s ok, I deserved that, he’s just being a dad. So…what had you so upset last night?” he pulled her onto his lap.

Her eyes quickly welled up, “It’s Elijah, his stupid mother came back for him. That’s just not fair Howie, she left him in the first place, she shouldn't be able to get him back.” a couple of tears ran down her cheeks.

He wiped them off with the side of his hand “Millie…” he let out a sigh, he knew that what he was going to tell her, would only make her more angry. “Don’t you think the woman deserved a second chance? Maybe she was scared…being alone at a time like that can make people do really dumb things. Weren’t you scared?”

She nodded, the memory, punched her in the stomach “That’s not the same, I was scared, but I would have never. Wait HOWIE, are you on my side or hers?” she stood up and hugged herself. “I can’t believe your giving this woman the benefit of a doubt. I mean…she left him to die…she didn’t even want to hold him…” she huffed and stormed to her room.

Howie stormed after her “Millie your being childish and I’m not taking sides, I know how you feel. I was with him too, for the last couple of weeks. But he has a mother…”

She swung around “But I wanted to be his…mother…I think I‘m going to be sick.” she covered her mouth and ran towards the bathroom.

He let out a frustrated sigh and took a seat on her bed. A couple of minutes later a pale looking Mille entered the room, he could tell she had been crying. It broke his heart to see her in so much pain, but there really wasn’t much he could to do to make it better.

“I’m sorry…I haven’t been feeling so well…” she let out a sigh as she took a seat next to him “I asked for a couple of days off…”

He hugged her shoulder "That's good, maybe you just need a break. Some time to rest, you look really tired Millie."

She tried to let out a giggle "Howie, I always look sick..." she shrugged "Psh...actually, I'm always sick. Enough about me. How did it go with AJ? Did you guys talk?" she waited anxiously, fiddling with her fingers.

Howie smiled "Yeah, I mean it's not the same, but I guess we will work on it. He's gonna work on the album, while we are on tour."

When he said the word, she realized that the tour was resuming soon. She was really happy that the twosome had made up, and would hopefully soon, be back to being best friends. Although, the thought of Howie leaving on tour, only made her sadder. "Yeah, I had forgotten about that."

There was a loud and persistent knock on the door, Howie and Millie looked at each other with concern as they walked out of the room, down the hall and towards the door. Howie cautiously opened and smiled at the gleaming person standing in front of him.

"Oh my god, Howard Dorough, and Millie Nunez...you guys wont believe what WE are doing tomorrow night. Yes, I said tomorrow afternoon." she took in a deep breath after talking a mile a minute and then let out a squeal of excitement.

Millie looked at Howie a little surprised "No, I have no idea...Sarah!" she said, pulling the hyperactive woman into the house "Come in"

"We are going to Vegas...so that Nick and I can get married!!"

"What?" Howie's mouth fell open.

Millie threw her arms around Sarah, and they both began to squee with excitement "That is great news, I thought you guys weren't getting married till next year?"

"Oh, I know, but we are just anxious...we are still having the big wedding, we just want to be married already." she smiled widely.

Howie scratched his head, it sounded irrational to him, but then again, it was Nick doing such a thing. "Do all the guys know?"

Sarah let out a giggle "Of course, we are all leaving tomorrow morning and I'm hoping you guys can come with us, cause even Brian and Leighanne are going. Please guys, I came to personally invite you. Millie? Howie?"

"Your in luck, I have a couple of days off. Howie?" Millie looked up at a still puzzled Howie. He shook his head without a word, as Sarah hugged Millie once again and then him.

"Great! Here you go..." she rummaged her purse and pulled out two airline tickets, and handed them to Millie. "I was hoping you guys would say yes. I'll see you at the airport tomorrow." she squealed once again and headed out.

The next morning, Millie washed her face, she was feeling dizzy and the buzzing in her ears only seemed to get stronger. She had already let out everything in her stomach, but it felt like there was still much more it wanted to get rid of. Never did she imagine that the airplane ride would get her so sick.

"Are you alright?" Sarah asked, rubbing her hand over Millie's back.

Millie gave her a weak smile and splashed some water on her face "Yeah I'm fine, lately I just...feel icky." she said, pulling some paper towels and drying her hands and face off. Sarah glared at her, "I'm fine Sarah, don't look at me that way."

"Well I worry, you've been sick forever...have you thought that maybe it's just your nerves...stress...or depression that has you feeling this way?"

"I am not any of those...ok maybe stressed lately, but I'm fine. The doctor says that I'm fine. It's that damn vertigo that I catch here and there. Don't worry about me...this is your day! Come on!" She patted Sarah on the shoulder and they walked out to meet the rest of the group.

AJ couldn't help to notice the paleness in Millie's face, he was dying to ask if she was ok. He started towards her, but came to a halt, as he watched Howie embrace her and place a soft kiss on her lips. With a sigh, he picked up his bag and followed the rest towards the limos.

The ride to the Paris hotel was quick, and they all shuffled out of the limos and straight to the check in desk.

"Are you alright?" Howie asked, peeling off his shirt and rummaging his bag for a clean one.

Millie smiled, staring down the man in front of her "I am now!" she giggled, coming close to him and running her hand over his bare chest. "Maybe we can be a little late to the celebration...?" she grinned.

"Hum..." he turned to face her, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close. He stared into her eyes for a second and then leaned down to let his mouth connect with hers. They parted and he smiled "I think being late is a really good idea!" he kissed her once again.

AJ paced the chapel, he thought he could control his jealousy, but just the thought that Millie was with Howie in the same room, had been killing him. Now they were running late. He had already inhaled three cigarettes in past twenty minutes and he was about to make it four.

"Yo, you look a little troubled! Everything ok?" Brian placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a warm smile.

AJ nodded, "No, I'm trying really hard not to...I can't take this. I thought I could do it, I mean they are both my best friends." he sighed "I shouldn't feel this way, I blew it with her and well I should be happy. Right?"

Brian let out a deep sigh, and gave AJ a nod "Yeah, you should be happy for them. They have been through a lot to be together and finally they are. I know that your hurting AJ, and well I don't mean to add to your pain...but your the one that pretty much brought them together."

"I know that." he swallowed hard, his eyes narrowed as he saw Millie and Howie holding hands, all smiles as they walked into the chapel. "She looks happy..." he mumbled.

Brian patted his back again "She IS happy AJ." he walked away to greet and scold the twosome for being late.

After the ceremony, they had all gone to Eiffel Tower Restaurant at the Paris hotel. Everyone was having a great time, dinner had been great and now they were just having drinks and commenting on the tour starting again.

"Howie..." Millie squeezed his hand.

"Yes?" he answered, looking at her concerned as he felt her clammy hands over his arm. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm just going to go now. Why don't you stay." she stood up, feeling everyone's eyes on her. "Uh...I'm going to head out early you guys. I'm not feeling so well, but please keep the celebration going. I'll see you guys tomorrow." without waiting for responses or questions, she fast paced out of the restaurant.

Everyone looked at Howie, who was still debating on following her or just staying put. "She'll be fine." he wasn't too sure about his comment, but he knew it would only make her mad, if he smothered her.

AJ looked over at Howie, almost pleading for an approval to go check on his friend. Howie gave him a smile, that he knew was the answer he had been hoping for. "Uh...I'll be back in a bit." he stood up and walked out of the restaurant. He was pep talking himself, as the elevator descended and the tour guide blabbed on. He would be a concerned friend. They were happy and he was going to be happy for them, he wasn't going to bring up anything that would make her feel uncomfortable...except maybe an apology.

Millie slid her card through the door slot, then stopped right at the doorway as she heard someone call out her name. She looked into the hallway and noticed AJ, advancing towards her.

"Hey! I thought I would come and talk to you for a bit." He caught his breath and gave her a smile, hoping she would return the gesture.

She smiled and held the door open for him to walk in "Sure...so I heard your working on your new album, when you guys go back on tour" she pulled off her sweater and took a seat on a blue plush chair.

He took a seat in the one opposite of her, he rubbed his hands together, his nerves were killing him. "Yeah, I thought about what I was doing to the group. Look I was such a jerk that day...I know..."

"AJ..." she nodded "We don't even have to talk about what's happened in the past. I mean, I still consider you a very big part of my life and your still my best friend. Right?"

He nodded, not really wanting to end the conversation, but he would leave it at that. Having her as a friend, was way better, than not having her in his life at all. "Right...definitely. Just let me at least apologize for all the madness I put you through. I'm really sorry Millie. I was a complete jerk off and I promise to never come between you and Howie again."

"Aw AJ, everything is forgotten. We will start with a clean slate." she stood up and walked over to him, he stood up looking into her eyes. "You'll always have a place in my heart AJ" she hugged him tight.

Without making it obvious he nuzzled his face into her hair, taking in the familiar scent for the last time. "Thanks Millie..." he smiled as they parted. "So...on a good note, Nick and Sarah are married." he commented, trying to lighten the mood, and stray from the same old topic.

"Oh I know right? Isn't that just weird, who would have thought those two would fall in love." they both laughed.

The tension between them, slowly diminished as they continued their conversation, that even led to some laughter and joking.